Re: Queue right now

South London Exile wrote:
DT1892 wrote:Didn't help that there were people going up with 10 Middlesbrough tickets. Isn't going to be fair on those who've been queuing for hours to miss out because a few went up and bought 10 each. Should've been a max of 2 per person.
Yep that is ridiculous if true.
Guy infront of me wanted got 10

Just has a phone call from the old man, he went down there at 8 and thought f*** that, standing in the cold for 5 hours isn’t too good for him. Went back down a minute ago and the shutters are down, all gone.

I do find it slightly hard to believe that we sold all the tickets in three days without a few people taking the proverbial...

DT1892 wrote:Didn't help that there were people going up with 10 Middlesbrough tickets. Isn't going to be fair on those who've been queuing for hours to miss out because a few went up and bought 10 each. Should've been a max of 2 per person.
? If all "10" tickets were scanned at the Middlesbrough game, does it matter? The queue would have stretched around the pitch if everyone had to queue for their City ticket.

Beechwood Boy wrote:
? If all "10" tickets were scanned at the Middlesbrough game, does it matter? The queue would have stretched around the pitch if everyone had to queue for their City ticket.
Whilst i appreciate and agree with what you say Beechwood Boy, I see the problem here has been if some or all of those 10 tickets were used at the 'boro replay by ST holders trust members etc they in effect were achieving a duplicate priority which I don't believe was the clubs intention. Lets hope it's a lesson learnt for if there is a next time.
Last edited by OLDCROMWELLIAN on February 10th, 2019, 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'd hope that the ten ticket people were just a group of mates getting organised and sending a representative to do the queuing. Some of whom would otherwise have been going through the general sale process, but instead took the precaution of going to the Middlesbrough match.
The problem with the match ticket priority is that it includes the Manchester City 'fans' living locally. You know the ones, staunch supporters who watch them whenever they can (on Sky) with a six pack of Stella on the sofa in a replica shirt. Suddenly, for the inconvenience of an evening at Rodney Parade watching Middlesbrough, they get a chance of watching their team for the extra layout of £20.

Beechwood Boy wrote:
Did the club check that they were scanned? Get your point though, but it doesn't sit right with me. Plenty who have queued for hours won't get anything, yet plenty who didn't will be sorted.

Understand the thinking around 'scratching off' of a Middlesbrough 'priority gained' ticket.... but come on, don't look too hard to be upset on other people's behalf....they don't need a 'sponsor' to help them through their grief.

I have already heard talk and seen messages from outraged people bemoaning 'greedy season ticket holders' who have taken away their right to obtain a ticket and now their little Johnie is distraught - these are the same people who had to ask for directions to RP.

#younowknowwhattodoANDwhererpislocatedAN
Dhowtokeeplittlejohniehappy

UTP

I'm a season ticket holder - I only queued up once for my ticket. I can only get to watch the game once.

At least now the club know the issue exists, so next time they'll know to mark tickets in such a way as to render them unable to be used for duplicated priority.
No nonsense, no ifs or buts, just do it from the off. Black sharpie pen and a pair of scissors...job done if technology is beyond us for reasons various.

Fourthousand wrote:Understand the thinking around 'scratching off' of a Middlesbrough 'priority gained' ticket.... but come on, don't look too hard to be upset on other people's behalf....they don't need a 'sponsor' to help them through their grief.

I have already heard talk and seen messages from outraged people bemoaning 'greedy season ticket holders' who have taken away their right to obtain a ticket and now their little Johnie is distraught - these are the same people who had to ask for directions to RP.

#younowknowwhattodoANDwhererpislocatedAN
Dhowtokeeplittlejohniehappy

UTP

I'm a season ticket holder - I only queued up once for my ticket. I can only get to watch the game once.
Really upset for my cousin who watches all home games but couldn't get a ticket. Queued for hours this morning. Yes I know he should have been a trust member.