Queue right now

Newport County natter & football chatter.
User

daftasfxxx

Newport

Re: Queue right now

Postby daftasfxxx » February 10th, 2019, 8:22 pm

This
The mistake this time was allowing Middlesbrough ticket holders priority, without distinguishing which had been bought by trust/ST/academy etc and allowing those to be used today.

To me is exactly why all genuine boro stubs couldn't get a ticket today, club was very naive in not identifying this loophole, i saw quite a few regular supporters locked out today while a group behind me with a wad of tickets discussing if Middlesbrough were league one or league two
no avatar
User

countyareup

Postby countyareup » February 10th, 2019, 8:29 pm

This ^^^
User

Marky

Mazeglaas

Postby Marky » February 10th, 2019, 8:34 pm

No-one seems to be owning up though, very strange how no-one would admit to depriving loyal County fans of tickets in order to impress their mates.
no avatar
User

excessbee

Postby excessbee » February 10th, 2019, 8:50 pm

The warning signs were evident after the sales for the Spurs match. The priority ticket game was Crawley and the attendance (I'm pretty sure) was nowhere near that for the Middlesbrough match. The solution for those unable to get a ticket today was to join the trust pre-season. It's a simplified version of a points reward system. Once we get to 5500 season tickets and trust members (in total) there will be no general sale option. You could also make an argument for a season ticket being valid for one seat only for a really big cup draw. Take out the Middlesbrough priority and go to general sale might have worked, but hindsight is so easy.
no avatar
User

rncfc

Caerphilly

Postby rncfc » February 10th, 2019, 9:01 pm

Marky wrote:No-one seems to be owning up though, very strange how no-one would admit to depriving loyal County fans of tickets in order to impress their mates.

Surely if they're that loyal they'd have seen this coming?

Not being funny, they could have signed up to the trust last week and cancelled the direct debit after one month. People seem so reluctant to help themselves and then go looking for sympathy for their own failure to plan.
no avatar
User

excessbee

Postby excessbee » February 10th, 2019, 9:07 pm

Amongst those turned away today will be some whose 'loyalty' goes no deeper than turning up for just one game (Middlesbrough). Can't blame them for taking a punt I suppose, but this time it didn't pay off.
no avatar
User

Beechwood Boy

Postby Beechwood Boy » February 10th, 2019, 9:25 pm

To me is exactly why all genuine boro stubs couldn't get a ticket today, club was very naive in not identifying this loophole, i saw quite a few regular supporters locked out today while a group behind me with a wad of tickets discussing if Middlesbrough were league one or league two[/quote]
If they were there early enough, they wouldn't have been locked out :?
User

daftasfxxx

Newport

Postby daftasfxxx » February 10th, 2019, 9:28 pm

https://www.onlineticketexpress.com/checkout-login
29 tickets for sale for £138 each, anyone know how this happens
no avatar
User

Beechwood Boy

Postby Beechwood Boy » February 10th, 2019, 9:34 pm

daftasfxxx wrote:https://www.onlineticketexpress.com/checkout-login

Is this a trustworthy site? Are they in the away end? Newport COUNTRY!!!
no avatar
User

Alan G Bryant

Postby Alan G Bryant » February 10th, 2019, 9:36 pm

County ranger wrote:Supporters who are County supporters will be season ticket holders or Trust Members - we are a fan owned club remember and so had ticket priority. Big game supporters take a chance some will have a ticket some won’t . Where I think the club missed a trick is that the ticket priority should have been a Mansfield ticket not a Middlesbrough ticket.

We did not know we wouid beat middlesborough though.
User

daftasfxxx

Newport

Postby daftasfxxx » February 10th, 2019, 9:39 pm

Alan G Bryant wrote:
County ranger wrote:Supporters who are County supporters will be season ticket holders or Trust Members - we are a fan owned club remember and so had ticket priority. Big game supporters take a chance some will have a ticket some won’t . Where I think the club missed a trick is that the ticket priority should have been a Mansfield ticket not a Middlesbrough ticket.

We did not know we wouid beat middlesborough though.

Should had been both imo
no avatar
User

excessbee

Postby excessbee » February 10th, 2019, 9:41 pm

But for a twenty quid ticket it was worth a punt.
no avatar
User

Midlandsexile

Postby Midlandsexile » February 10th, 2019, 9:59 pm

Beechwood Boy wrote:

They are all in the away end, obviously Man City fans hoping to flog their tickets.
no avatar
User

excessbee

Postby excessbee » February 10th, 2019, 10:06 pm

Midlandsexile wrote:
Beechwood Boy wrote:

They are all in the away end, obviously Man City fans hoping to flog their tickets.

Then they should be easy to trace back to source as they have a strict points system for allocation.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » February 10th, 2019, 11:40 pm

Touts make money when demand outstrips supply. Unlike the 'official sell out' for Middlesbrough and Leicester, the Manchester City game is really sold out.

I fully expect lots of flack but it doesn't alter the fact that I once again have been proved right.
PreviousNext