Parking tickets

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Countymadbell

Parking tickets

Postby Countymadbell » February 10th, 2019, 10:35 pm

I am bloody fuming just read Wales on line the Gwent police booked loads of cars parked by the ground. Now i know they shouldn't have parked there but i drive for a living around Newport, and the number of cars parked every day on yellow lines even by the main police station and never booked. Seen police walked by them even and not book them. The high streets is just one massive car park. Now the police deliberately targeted our fans. Start booking cars all the time and not when it suits. :evil: :evil:
no avatar
User

The Cat

Ponthir,Wales

Re: Parking tickets

Postby The Cat » February 10th, 2019, 10:38 pm

I saw several people on Twitter saying they received nothing more than a warning, which seems fair enough to me.
no avatar
User

Countymadbell

Postby Countymadbell » February 10th, 2019, 10:50 pm

Go on Newport County scroll down and look at the video, dozens of cars got tickets
no avatar
User

Micheal

Postby Micheal » February 10th, 2019, 11:49 pm

i imagine local residents complained
no avatar
User

Corpaboy

Postby Corpaboy » February 11th, 2019, 12:24 am

Micheal wrote:i imagine local residents complained

I wonder if they'd get such a quick and effective police response if one of them had been burgled ???

Of course not !!! Because that would involve some police work , and would not help them hit their targets for parking fines for the whole year within a couple of hours on a Sunday morning !!

Just saying
no avatar
User

Micheal

Postby Micheal » February 11th, 2019, 12:51 am

they done the same once at spytty no need for it there as no one lives there
User

lowandhard

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Postby lowandhard » February 11th, 2019, 1:27 am

Gwent Police - Protecting and Reassuring = Protecting themselves & Harassing motorists :grin:
no avatar
User

South London Exile

SE19

Postby South London Exile » February 11th, 2019, 8:49 am

Don’t park illegally and you won’t get a ticket, seems pretty fair to me, especially given that there’s loads of street parking around RP if your willing to walk five minutes.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » February 11th, 2019, 8:54 am

South London Exile wrote:Don’t park illegally and you won’t get a ticket, seems pretty fair to me, especially given that there’s loads of street parking around RP if your willing to walk five minutes.

Agreed. Don’t know why people risk it.
no avatar
User

mad norm

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Postby mad norm » February 11th, 2019, 9:13 am

Someone posted a video of the selfish parking....Pity any disabled folks or families with prams who tried to use the paths.
no avatar
User

Taunton Iron Cider

Taunton

Postby Taunton Iron Cider » February 11th, 2019, 10:11 am

Micheal wrote:i imagine local residents complained

I would agree as these cars would be stopping them from parking on the pavements!
Walking to RP down Corporation Road is like navigating an obstacle course and I have never understood how Gwent’s finest permit this.
User

lowandhard

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Postby lowandhard » February 11th, 2019, 10:22 am

What a lot of the “ goody two shoes “ posters on here defending the police don’t realise is that Newport as a city has enormous parking problems. On a day to day basis the local police do absolutely nothing about it allowing dangerous and lane-blocking parking all over the centre of the city. Come a County event and lo and behold the parking tickets start flying around.
I have no axe to grind, I use buses and taxis to and from the ground but what I’ve said is the truth. Where I live we have residents parking, I had a dumped car left outside my house ( probably no tax or insurance ) for six months despite it being regularly reported, it only got shifted when neighbours found it was unlocked and we complained it was a possible risk to children’s safety. This post to put our fans “ irresponsible “ parking into perspective.
no avatar
User

The Cat

Ponthir,Wales

Postby The Cat » February 11th, 2019, 11:06 am

For the last time, they gave warnings apparently, not fines. For the record, I think it's lazy to park that close when you can walk 5 minutes and park legally. That's not being a goody 2 shoes, it's being a normal guy.
no avatar
User

rncfc

Caerphilly

Postby rncfc » February 11th, 2019, 11:08 am

They were busy slapping notices on cars at the Middlesbrough game as well. I would imagine if they were warnings too, then the Man City game will see a lot of fines being issued. Take the hint I guess!

Get a taxi and have a few drinks for the price of your parking ticket or, better still, join the trust and get priority on tickets next time.
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » February 11th, 2019, 11:11 am

rncfc wrote:They were busy slapping notices on cars at the Middlesbrough game as well. I would imagine if they warnings too, then the Man City game will see a lot of fines being issued. Take the hint I guess!

Get a taxi and have a few drinks for the price of your parking ticket.

Yes I posted on here after Middlesbrough game I got ticket I think the local residents been complaining you can't really blame them I was in wrong I hold my hands up
Next