Re: Parking tickets

My point was about the differential in policing activity, sure if you park illegally you may get a ticket, I wouldn’t do it but some will chance it. A little stroll around the city centre will show you why those who chose to chance it thought they’d probably get away with it. I remember an incident at Spytty where there was absolutely nobody inconvenienced yet parking tickets were raining down like confetti. Like refereeing, a bit of consistency wouldn’t go amiss about this matter and nothing will happen in the city centre until the council take over responsibility for policing the parking, this is due to happen in July because the council has applied to the Senedd to take over these duties from the police from that date, let’s hope that happens.

lowandhard wrote:What a lot of the “ goody two shoes “ posters on here defending the police don’t realise is that Newport as a city has enormous parking problems. On a day to day basis the local police do absolutely nothing about it allowing dangerous and lane-blocking parking all over the centre of the city. Come a County event and lo and behold the parking tickets start flying around.
I have no axe to grind, I use buses and taxis to and from the ground but what I’ve said is the truth. Where I live we have residents parking, I had a dumped car left outside my house ( probably no tax or insurance ) for six months despite it being regularly reported, it only got shifted when neighbours found it was unlocked and we complained it was a possible risk to children’s safety. This post to put our fans “ irresponsible “ parking into perspective.

However, regardless of me being a ‘goody two shoes’, the club have messaged numerous times about illegal parking in and around the stadium, so just don’t do it, and if you do , expect you may get a ticket and don’t piss and moan when you do

lowandhard wrote:My point was about the differential in policing activity, sure if you park illegally you may get a ticket, I wouldn’t do it but some will chance it. A little stroll around the city centre will show you why those who chose to chance it thought they’d probably get away with it. I remember an incident at Spytty where there was absolutely nobody inconvenienced yet parking tickets were raining down like confetti. Like refereeing, a bit of consistency wouldn’t go amiss about this matter and nothing will happen in the city centre until the council take over responsibility for policing the parking, this is due to happen in July because the council has applied to the Senedd to take over these duties from the police from that date, let’s hope that happens.
Agree with all of this and would add, hopefully the council will vigorously and consistently enforce it. Probably too much to expect they could raise enough money for a new sports stadium though :lol: :lol: :lol:

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
Micheal wrote:i imagine local residents complained
I would agree as these cars would be stopping them from parking on the pavements!
Walking to RP down Corporation Road is like navigating an obstacle course and I have never understood how Gwent’s finest permit this.
they allow it because its easier, its going to be interesting to see if the new traffic wardens book ppl parking on pavements corpa road malpas road being particularly dangerous roads to block pavements, putting wheelchairs push chairs etc onto the road.or will they just concentrate on the town centre?a fortune in fines is about to be made

Oh my, I had occasion to go into Newport today. There were dozens of cars from the underpass steps for the station (Queens Hill) along to the Civic Centre with fixed penalty tickets. Absolutely loads of them. The parking was atrocious, on double yellows, on bends, in residents parking etc.

There would have been many many people upset this evening.

That's one way to pay the overtime for the Police presence at RP on Saturday Night.

Shocking parking..!

There were at least 10 cars parked on double yellow lines along Rodney Road tonight...Not one had a parking ticket.....If that was Saturday they all would have , or probably worse, towed away as they would be causing an obstruction.
I have been told by someone who works for a towing service that they may be called to tow cars away that are causing any obstructions in the area..

.Be warned

neilcork68 wrote:There were at least 10 cars parked on double yellow lines along Rodney Road tonight...Not one had a parking ticket.....If that was Saturday they all would have , or probably worse, towed away as they would be causing an obstruction.
I have been told by someone who works for a towing service that they may be called to tow cars away that are causing any obstructions in the area..

.Be warned
Neil thinking the same thing myself mate last night how come no one was booked but I got ticket after Middlesbrough game not Saturday

UPTHEPORT wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:There were at least 10 cars parked on double yellow lines along Rodney Road tonight...Not one had a parking ticket.....If that was Saturday they all would have , or probably worse, towed away as they would be causing an obstruction.

.Be warned
Neil thinking the same thing myself mate last night how come no one was booked but I got ticket after Middlesbrough game not Saturday

I know but Gwents finest were around on Sunday booking people too....
Many should have parked in the Residents only spaces as the notices only say 'Residents only Monday to Saturday 8am - 8pm dont they ?