County Songs for Newbies

Newport County natter & football chatter.
User avatar
User

B0mbshell

Posts

350

Location

Allt-yr-yn

County Songs for Newbies

Postby B0mbshell » February 10th, 2019, 11:59 pm

With all the Lego fans turning up for the Big Game Saturday :grin: (Tongue firmly in Cheek) would it be a good idea to give out a County hymn Sheet for fans entering the ground that need one. We need to be the 12th man on Saturday if we are to have any chance of causing the biggest FA Cup upset ever.
no avatar
User

OLDCROMWELLIAN

Posts

1508

Location

TrefGruffydd

Re: County Songs for Newbies

Postby OLDCROMWELLIAN » February 11th, 2019, 12:18 am

B0mbshell wrote:With all the Lego fans turning up for the Big Game Saturday :grin: (Tongue firmly in Cheek) would it be a good idea to give out a County hymn Sheet for fans entering the ground that need one. We need to be the 12th man on Saturday if we are to have any chance of causing the biggest FA Cup upset ever.


Perhaps prayer sheets would be more appropriate?
User avatar
User

B0mbshell

Posts

350

Location

Allt-yr-yn

Re: County Songs for Newbies

Postby B0mbshell » February 11th, 2019, 12:34 am

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
B0mbshell wrote:With all the Lego fans turning up for the Big Game Saturday :grin: (Tongue firmly in Cheek) would it be a good idea to give out a County hymn Sheet for fans entering the ground that need one. We need to be the 12th man on Saturday if we are to have any chance of causing the biggest FA Cup upset ever.


Perhaps prayer sheets would be more appropriate?



:grin:
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

11964

Re: County Songs for Newbies

Postby Stan A. Einstein » February 11th, 2019, 10:43 am

B0mbshell wrote:With all the Lego fans turning up for the Big Game Saturday :grin: (Tongue firmly in Cheek) would it be a good idea to give out a County hymn Sheet for fans entering the ground that need one. We need to be the 12th man on Saturday if we are to have any chance of causing the biggest FA Cup upset ever.


How about to the tune of I'm County 'til I die.

We really are not lout,
Got tickets from the touts,
Paid above the odds,
To greedy sods,
In a trough they had their snouts,
no avatar
User

rncfc

Posts

3955

Location

Caerphilly

Re: County Songs for Newbies

Postby rncfc » February 11th, 2019, 10:48 am

How about;

I'm a sad, bitter old man
With a retrospective plan
With a pint of grog
And an online vlog
I'll bore your eyes off man
no avatar
User

OLDCROMWELLIAN

Posts

1508

Location

TrefGruffydd

Re: County Songs for Newbies

Postby OLDCROMWELLIAN » February 11th, 2019, 12:00 pm

rncfc wrote:How about;

I'm a sad, bitter old man
With a retrospective plan
With a pint of grog
And an online vlog
I'll bore your eyes off man


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
no avatar
User

Loyalfoot

Posts

545

Re: County Songs for Newbies

Postby Loyalfoot » February 11th, 2019, 1:10 pm

Spot on
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

11964

Re: County Songs for Newbies

Postby Stan A. Einstein » February 11th, 2019, 1:19 pm

rncfc wrote:How about;

I'm a sad, bitter old man
With a retrospective plan
With a pint of grog
And an online vlog
I'll bore your eyes off man



Very good. Scans to on Ilkley Moor.

Sad at the the way our club is mismanaged, yes. Sad that many County fans who are disadvantaged by age or wealth, again yes. Even sadder of the smug 'I'm all right Jack' attitude of people with tickets seem to have.

Definitely sad, but like the Guinness, I'm not bitter. 8)
no avatar
User

South London Exile

Posts

482

Location

SE19

Re: County Songs for Newbies

Postby South London Exile » February 11th, 2019, 1:25 pm

Aren't most of our 'songs' just fairly generic [insert team name here] types anyway?..
no avatar
User

rncfc

Posts

3955

Location

Caerphilly

Re: County Songs for Newbies

Postby rncfc » February 11th, 2019, 1:27 pm

The only reason "I'm all right Jack" is because I took steps to make sure me and the kids were all right in the event of a "best case scenario".

I do truly feel sorry for the exiled fans who didn't have access to anyone in Newport to go and visit the ticket office for them, but the majority of people sniping on various social media outlets are at best casual followers who weren't interested in guaranteeing themselves a ticket.

The only answer is a 21st century ticketing system, and now we might have the financial means to get one, I guess we watch this space and ask the questions of the board when we get the opportunity to do so. Sitting behind a keyboard sniping isn't going to further this cause, it's just going to make you even more alienated from people who would otherwise be supporting your cause.
Last edited by rncfc on February 11th, 2019, 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
User

B0mbshell

Posts

350

Location

Allt-yr-yn

Re: County Songs for Newbies

Postby B0mbshell » February 11th, 2019, 1:27 pm


Who is online

Powered by phpBB ®