I wonder

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

chepstowamber

Posts

467

Location

Chepstow, Monmouthshire

I wonder

Postby chepstowamber » February 11th, 2019, 8:26 am

How many of those whingers that said they won't be back for the rest of the season after the heavy Yeovil defeat were falling all over themselves to get Man City tickets?, Just wondering.
Chris
no avatar
User

OLDCROMWELLIAN

Posts

1508

Location

TrefGruffydd

Re: I wonder

Postby OLDCROMWELLIAN » February 11th, 2019, 9:46 am

chepstowamber wrote:How many of those whingers that said they won't be back for the rest of the season after the heavy Yeovil defeat were falling all over themselves to get Man City tickets?, Just wondering.
Chris

If I remember correctly there were about 4,400 at the Yeovil game, and an average of approx. 3,000 at subsequent games. I'm sure NGR can supply accurate figures.
Therefore in answer to you question probably about 1400.
no avatar
User

Justanordinaryfan

Posts

930

Re: I wonder

Postby Justanordinaryfan » February 11th, 2019, 9:51 am

Was the 4400 that you quoted (& I haven’t checked), the total attendance, if so, it would surely include the decent Yeovil following?
no avatar
User

chepstowamber

Posts

467

Location

Chepstow, Monmouthshire

Re: I wonder

Postby chepstowamber » February 11th, 2019, 9:51 am

Great research, I always like reading your stats
Chris
no avatar
User

chepstowamber

Posts

467

Location

Chepstow, Monmouthshire

Re: I wonder

Postby chepstowamber » February 11th, 2019, 9:52 am

chepstowamber wrote:Great research, I always like reading your stats
Chris
no avatar
User

OLDCROMWELLIAN

Posts

1508

Location

TrefGruffydd

Re: I wonder

Postby OLDCROMWELLIAN » February 11th, 2019, 10:00 am

Justanordinaryfan wrote:Was the 4400 that you quoted (& I haven’t checked), the total attendance, if so, it would surely include the decent Yeovil following?


Yes it would include a decent yeovil following. The point is if course we had larger than normal home support numbers when there was a possibility of topping the table,but due to one loss, those numbers haven't returned for league games, only the FA cup matches. I'm sure our supporters aren't much different from most other supporters, especially of lower league teams.
no avatar
User

Justanordinaryfan

Posts

930

Re: I wonder

Postby Justanordinaryfan » February 11th, 2019, 10:33 am

Doubt it was 1400 difference whatever maths formula u use.
User avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Posts

18463

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Re: I wonder

Postby UPTHEPORT » February 11th, 2019, 11:15 am

It was boxing day we always get bigger gates for Christmas games

Perhaps the Club should play I wish it could be Christmas every day :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

Justanordinaryfan

Posts

930

Re: I wonder

Postby Justanordinaryfan » February 11th, 2019, 11:37 am

Yeovil was definitely NOT Boxing Day
no avatar
User

Corpaboy

Posts

4211

Re: I wonder

Postby Corpaboy » February 11th, 2019, 11:40 am

UPTHEPORT wrote:It was boxing day we always get bigger gates for Christmas games

Perhaps the Club should play I wish it could be Christmas every day :mrgreen:


Wasn't that FGR , Jim ?
no avatar
User

OLDCROMWELLIAN

Posts

1508

Location

TrefGruffydd

Re: I wonder

Postby OLDCROMWELLIAN » February 11th, 2019, 11:49 am

Think perhaps we are alluding to the fickleness (is that a proper word?) of County supporters. Are they indeed any worse than most other lower league teams. I'm sure though that many of those attending the Man City match will have no intention of attending County league games. Barring our appearance, possibly of our play off final at Wembly?
User avatar
User

lowandhard

Posts

8567

Location

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Re: I wonder

Postby lowandhard » February 11th, 2019, 12:52 pm

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Think perhaps we are alluding to the fickleness (is that a proper word?) of County supporters. Are they indeed any worse than most other lower league teams. I'm sure though that many of those attending the Man City match will have no intention of attending County league games. Barring our appearance, possibly of our play off final at Wembly?


It was ever thus. First game of the season over Somerton about 12k , lose a couple of games and 4K and calling them all the donkeys under the sun :grin: :roll:
no avatar
User

newgroundrodney

Posts

6931

Re: I wonder

Postby newgroundrodney » February 11th, 2019, 1:00 pm

The average number of COUNTY fans at home games,
up to BUT NOT INCLUDING the Yeovil town game.................................2929

The number of County fans AT the Yeovil Town game.............................3737 (still the 2nd highest of the season so far)

So the number of County fans at the Yeovil game was
808 higher than the average prior to that game being played,
an increase of 27.57% above average.
Last edited by newgroundrodney on February 11th, 2019, 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

newgroundrodney

Posts

6931

Re: I wonder

Postby newgroundrodney » February 11th, 2019, 1:02 pm

with a current average of 3023, it appears some 700 fans at the Yeovil game have not returned since.....
User avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Posts

18463

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Re: I wonder

Postby UPTHEPORT » February 11th, 2019, 1:06 pm

Corpaboy wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:It was boxing day we always get bigger gates for Christmas games

Perhaps the Club should play I wish it could be Christmas every day :mrgreen:


Wasn't that FGR , Jim ?


Yes sorry these hammerings all roll into one :oops:
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ComeOnCounty and 70 guests

Powered by phpBB ®