Re: New rules I'd like to see starting next season.

BertieB wrote:Exile 1976..............I emailed Newport County Trust .............Contact Us......sent messages first asking for 3 tickets I wasn't sure of the entitlement ie Trust member , Silver Card member and Mon Building Society Instant Access account holder since 2014 for which I was assured the club will get another £54 MBS gives the club a percentage of the interest of that account. every December or so they told me yesterday. I did get an acknowledgement from the emails but only ie ..........we will reply etc --but I got nothing after twice. The reason I asked for 3 tickets was because I have two older brothers , Arthur and David Bassett who actually saw the 1947 ?? match when County lost 0-3 at Somerton Park with ex POW Charlie Turner in Goal and Eddie Carr Man city had Frank Swift in goal. .Actually my first was County 7 Aldershot 0 when George Roffi scored 4--------------My first regular season was 1950 Happy days !! ------My Brothers Arthur is 84, David is 82 and I'm a mere lad of 80.
Come on the Port !! Bob Bassett
Bob, lots of us are getting old - it is not an entitlement to match tickets. These are decided by 1) ST 2) Trust Membership 3) Shareholding
You can only use ONE of those. So a maximum of 2 tickets. I’m told that some also had ticket stubs but that’s another matter entirely.
You have to realise that obtaining tickets is your responsibility using whatever memberships you have, you can’t expect it to be arranged for by the club. There are lots of us getting “ long in the tooth “ if we abdicated responsibility the club would have a full time job.

BertieB wrote:Exile 1976..............I emailed Newport County Trust .............Contact Us......sent messages first asking for 3 tickets I wasn't sure of the entitlement ie Trust member , Silver Card member and Mon Building Society Instant Access account holder since 2014 for which I was assured the club will get another £54 MBS gives the club a percentage of the interest of that account. every December or so they told me yesterday. I did get an acknowledgement from the emails but only ie ..........we will reply etc --but I got nothing after twice. The reason I asked for 3 tickets was because I have two older brothers , Arthur and David Bassett who actually saw the 1947 ?? match when County lost 0-3 at Somerton Park with ex POW Charlie Turner in Goal and Eddie Carr Man city had Frank Swift in goal. .Actually my first was County 7 Aldershot 0 when George Roffi scored 4--------------My first regular season was 1950 Happy days !! ------My Brothers Arthur is 84, David is 82 and I'm a mere lad of 80.
Come on the Port !! Bob Bassett

I was a member of the Tuffty club can I get an extra ticket :grin:

Fourthousand wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:I think we can probably acknowledge that we wont be getting a decent ticket system for a number of reasons.
However, my immediate concern is that multiple priority routes for the same person are no longer available. Whether that means we are left in a low tech solution of scissors, hole punches & marker pens then so be it. We can never allow this to happen again and the same ticket issuing protocols need to be in place whether it's Manchester or Macclesfield.
Some valued fans have missed out and that has to be prevented.
The whole issue of ticket priority routes needs looking at ready for next season. They can tweek the details, but what mustn't happen again is that some people claim large numbers while some get none.
Whatever needs doing to that end needs to be done, even if it's unpopular with some.
It has taken the shine off the whole thing for me.
Instead of getting all 'unshined' on a message board now is the time for action. Write up your issues, your recommendations to address them and send the report into our fans owned, massively supported by volunteers, club.

Whilst your at It, you could also write to QPR and let them know how all 'unshined up'you are by the fact you can only manage to get to a handful of their games per season (because their 'loyalty' system locks out their fans because 'more loyal' fans buy tickets for every game as they are 'entitled' (even when they have no intention to go to games and they then sell them on social media). That must be so frustrating to loads of genuine QPR fans every many many times every season.

Personally it's taken the shine off for me everytime that QPR have a match. Get it sorted QPR!!!
.................................................................................................................................................................................................
First of all, all the bits you wrote about QPR are irrelevant to what is needed at Newport. I never qualified for an away ticket at Pompey for example, because there were others with higher priority. THAT is my whole point.

Also, in my opening sentence, I acknowledge that for whatever reason, we're probably not going to get a system we need.
I have in the past, had very positive experience of the Club showing an interest in some ideas I have raised on this MB, so the notion of my having to write up my issues and recommendations and send them in is not one I feel the need to take up.

My point about the shine taken off it for me, is that I read about people like Neilcork who have been unable to get tickets for reasons outside his control. Indeed, had I been working 7-7 days I doubt if I'd have got my ticket (same as for Leicester), and a great many other lifelong fans have missed out if Facebook comments are to be believed. There should have been enough tickets for everyone. Knowing that my fellow fans have missed out puts a dampner on it for me personally. For you to attempt to ridicule me for that, says more about you as a person that it does me.

newgroundrodney wrote:
Fourthousand wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:I think we can probably acknowledge that we wont be getting a decent ticket system for a number of reasons.
However, my immediate concern is that multiple priority routes for the same person are no longer available. Whether that means we are left in a low tech solution of scissors, hole punches & marker pens then so be it. We can never allow this to happen again and the same ticket issuing protocols need to be in place whether it's Manchester or Macclesfield.
Some valued fans have missed out and that has to be prevented.
The whole issue of ticket priority routes needs looking at ready for next season. They can tweek the details, but what mustn't happen again is that some people claim large numbers while some get none.
Whatever needs doing to that end needs to be done, even if it's unpopular with some.
It has taken the shine off the whole thing for me.
Instead of getting all 'unshined' on a message board now is the time for action. Write up your issues, your recommendations to address them and send the report into our fans owned, massively supported by volunteers, club.

Whilst your at It, you could also write to QPR and let them know how all 'unshined up'you are by the fact you can only manage to get to a handful of their games per season (because their 'loyalty' system locks out their fans because 'more loyal' fans buy tickets for every game as they are 'entitled' (even when they have no intention to go to games and they then sell them on social media). That must be so frustrating to loads of genuine QPR fans every many many times every season.

Personally it's taken the shine off for me everytime that QPR have a match. Get it sorted QPR!!!
.................................................................................................................................................................................................
First of all, all the bits you wrote about QPR are irrelevant to what is needed at Newport. I never qualified for an away ticket at Pompey for example, because there were others with higher priority. THAT is my whole point.

Also, in my opening sentence, I acknowledge that for whatever reason, we're probably not going to get a system we need.
I have in the past, had very positive experience of the Club showing an interest in some ideas I have raised on this MB, so the notion of my having to write up my issues and recommendations and send them in is not one I feel the need to take up.

My point about the shine taken off it for me, is that I read about people like Neilcork who have been unable to get tickets for reasons outside his control. Indeed, had I been working 7-7 days I doubt if I'd have got my ticket (same as for Leicester), and a great many other lifelong fans have missed out if Facebook comments are to be believed. There should have been enough tickets for everyone. Knowing that my fellow fans have missed out puts a dampner on it for me personally. For you to attempt to ridicule me for that, says more about you as a person that it does me.
You are right that it says more about me than it does you. You come over as a nice bloke, if I have made you feel 'ridiculed' for that I apologise and am man enough to 'die on my sword'. You will hear no more from me.

Fourthousand: You are right that it says more about me than it does you. You come over as a nice bloke, if I have made you feel 'ridiculed' for that I apologise and am man enough to 'die on my sword'. You will hear no more from me.
.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

Thank you for that, sincerely. I enjoy reading your thoughts, and I agree with some, and disagree with others, playing the 'ball' not the 'man' as it were, which I'm sure you'll agree is how it should be, and is healthy.......and long may it continue.

newgroundrodney wrote:

So if we set the objective of allowing those with priority to use it simply and easily, the phone system put in place clearly didn't work well enough although the principle is sound. We probably need say 4 to 6 lines to avoid the 300 calls and no answer.
We could sub that out to a call centre.
We would need to consolidate the information on Season Ticket Holders and Trust Members into a format that could be used by both the call centre staff and our ticket office with multiple users editing simultaneously - standard Microsoft products can achieve that and any decent call centre will have SharePoint for example which does a reasonable job of this but keeping a single version of the truth will be the crux to cracking this problem
If the club want to do something like this, I'd be happy to help where I can.

As far as priority via match attendance is concerned, ideally we'd drop the idea but if it is seen as a valuable revenue generator, I consider it best that we should lay out the principles in advance and then adapt to circumstances should they occur as the required solution could vary depending on timing of events (home games, replays etc).

Amberexile wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:

So if we set the objective of allowing those with priority to use it simply and easily, the phone system put in place clearly didn't work well enough although the principle is sound. We probably need say 4 to 6 lines to avoid the 300 calls and no answer.
We would need to consolidate the information on Season Ticket Holders and Trust Members into a format that could be used by both the call centre staff and our ticket office with multiple users editing simultaneously - standard Microsoft products can achieve that and any decent call centre will have SharePoint for example which does a reasonable job of this but keeping a single version of the truth will be the crux to cracking this problem

As far as priority via match attendance is concerned, ideally we'd drop the idea but if it is seen as a valuable revenue generator, I consider it best that we should lay out the principles in advance and then adapt to circumstances should they occur as the required solution could vary depending on timing of events (home games, replays etc).
Let's try and move on.

When Newport County AFC sold trust memberships, one of the advantages was that it assured Cup tickets in the event of a glamour tie. I am sure that when that was said it was believed. And even if it was couched in 'will have priority' ensured a Cup ticket was how it was taken and how it was meant to be taken.

Now my view is that the club should in 2019 have a fit for purpose ticketing system in place. If the club take the view that this is not a priority they should say so.

Likewise the club should acknowledge that mistakes have been made and consult with supporters on how to move forward.

One suggestion. In the unlikely event we beat Manchester City I would at this point be consulting with the relevant authorities whether it might be possible to hire the National Stadium in the event of a home 6th round tie.

UPTHEPORT wrote:How about for non ST and TM they have a card stamped every time they buy a ticket those with say 6 stamped get priority over those with less or none at all
How about all season ticket holders and trust members are put a data base and emailed at the time of the draw as to whether they wish to have their priority ticket reserved? They then have even in the event of a replay win have 11 days to buy the ticket. Any antiquated system can deal with that.

It is possible in 2019.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:How about for non ST and TM they have a card stamped every time they buy a ticket those with say 6 stamped get priority over those with less or none at all
How about all season ticket holders and trust members are put a data base and emailed at the time of the draw as to whether they wish to have their priority ticket reserved? They then have even in the event of a replay win have 11 days to buy the ticket. Any antiquated system can deal with that.

It is possible in 2019.
Myself don't mind an FA Cup queue it's all part of the experience I'm a bit old fashioned :grin:

I think when you go to the shop and pay for a ST or Apply for trust membership they should type your name on to a spreadsheet on Google drive.

It’s free of charge. You can set it up so more than one person can acces it and save and make changes.

Then when we need to sell cup tickets rather than having to put lists together it’s already done and at any window the ticket assistant can mark that a sale to someone has been made.

If they do that for every game they will also be able to see a record of cup games attended.

Amberexile wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:

Amberexile , I believe that your suggestion for a sub out to a call centre is the best and most sensible suggestion I have read to date. You clearly know what you are talking about, and I hope the club has the need in future to adopt this. Thanks also for your offer of help. Do you envisage the system being able to cope with all those that would have priority for tickets from wherever they live, or just for those living outside of Newports immediate vicinity? It appears that one of the biggest problems for the Man City game was the line being inundated with local callers even though the intention was for it to be a service for 'exiles'. I also note on another thread the suggestion that a small fee could be added for the service, presumably if time allows for a postage fee also. Do you see this as being viable as it could help recuperate some of the costs of the call centre hiring?

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Amberexile , I believe that your suggestion for a sub out to a call centre is the best and most sensible suggestion I have read to date. You clearly know what you are talking about, and I hope the club has the need in future to adopt this. Thanks also for your offer of help. Do you envisage the system being able to cope with all those that would have priority for tickets from wherever they live, or just for those living outside of Newports immediate vicinity? It appears that one of the biggest problems for the Man City game was the line being inundated with local callers even though the intention was for it to be a service for 'exiles'. I also note on another thread the suggestion that a small fee could be added for the service, presumably if time allows for a postage fee also. Do you see this as being viable as it could help recuperate some of the costs of the call centre hiring?
My intention was to find a solution for exiled supporters. If the club chose to implement a system aimed at exiled fans only, the call centre switch would be capable of blocking calls for 01633 numbers, calls from mobiles are more difficult but the technology is there. They should also discuss strategy for spreading out calls such as a different number and/or day(s) for season ticket holders and trust members. While you can't stop people calling the wrong number, you can filter them out using ACD facilities meaning that only valid calls reach operators.
I would envisage a fee being passed on to people using this service and postage all of which can be handled by the call centre, this may also dissuade some local people from using the service if that is what the club requires.
If the club want local people to be able to use the service as well, it is just a matter of scale. A bigger contract should be more attractive to the call centre and the fee when expressed as per transaction could well be lower.
My experience in the construction and commissioning of calls centres is almost 20 years out of date now but all of this was possible back then and the technology has moved on a lot in the meantime.