New rules I'd like to see starting next season.

These are the rules that I personally would like to see introduced:

(1) All priority paper tickets to be marked
Whether it be Boro or Crawley, on occasions where a paper ticket can be used as priority for a big game, and is purchased by a Trust member or ST holder, the paper ticket shall be marked with the appropriate designation of the priority route used: "ST" ... "TM" etc.

(2) Season Ticket plastic cards to be 'cornered'
Whenever a ST plastic card is used to obtain priority, one small triangle will be cut into a corner (the same corner for the same game) so that once used, it cannot be re-used for that same game.

(3) All Trust Membership renewals to start on 1st August
If cup ticket priority via Trust membership is wanted, then the member must have joined by 1st August, must have been up to date with payments throughout, and must still be a current member at the time the priority is used.

(4) Late Trust memberships - No Priority
If joining later than 1st August, there will be no priority in the first year, and any fees will be adjusted according to the number of months/weeks left to the end of the current Membership Year. Joining the Trust simply to gain priority half way through a cup run will no longer be possible.

(5) Half Season Tickets - half priority
Means what it says, you get ONE ticket for Cup Games and one ticket, via one route only

These are the rules I believe should be introduced, none of which are difficult to do technologically.
Last edited by newgroundrodney on February 11th, 2019, 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: New rules I'd like to see starting next season.

newgroundrodney wrote:These are the rules that I personally would like to see introduced:

(1) All priority paper tickets to be marked
Whether it be Boro or Crawley, on occasions where a paper ticket can be used as priority for a big game, and is purchased by a Trust member or ST holder, the paper ticket shall be marked with the appropriate designation of the priority route used: "ST" ... "TM" etc.

(2) Season Ticket plastic cards to be 'cornered'
Whenever a ST plastic card is used to obtain priority, one small triangle will be cut into a corner (the same corner for the same game) so that once used, it cannot be re-used for that same game.

(3) All Trust Membership renewals to start on 1st August
If cup ticket priority via Trust membership is wanted, then the member must have joined by 1st August, must have been up to date with payments throughout, and must still be a current member at the time the priority is used.

(4) Late Trust memberships - No Priority
If joining later than 1st August, there will be no priority in the first year, and any fees will be adjusted according to the number of months/weeks left to the end of the current Membership Year. Joining the Trust simply to gain priority half way through a cup run will no longer be possible.

(5) Half Season Tickets - half priority
Means what it says, you get ONE ticket for Cup Games and one ticket, via one route only

These are the rules I believe should be introduced, none of which are difficult to do technologically.
Upon initial reading of your ideas, I believe they are sensible . Hopefully the club will give them serious consideration, and indeed we enjoy further success in the Cup next year to impliment them . Not that this years run is over yet.

daftasfxxx wrote:
Justanordinaryfan wrote:Re point 2 - the club already marks the back of the ST whether it be W for Wrexham L for Leicester M for Middlesbrough or an asterix for Man City.
I was told that for man city they were using a marker pen and some were simply rubbing it off and buying again
Mine was marked with a felt pen for Leicester and Middlesborough , but not at all for Man City !
The marks for the previous 2 games rubbed off anyway as soon as my card went back into wallet !!?? Surely scanning your season ticket would be more secure , but not sure if we have that sort of technology ?

And before anyone says , I used my season ticket to purchase what I was entitled to and nothing more !!

Justanordinaryfan wrote:Well mine was marked a Black felt type pen for all matches and they won’t clear off?
..they could just as easily use a hole punch rather than cornering, but we're splitting hairs. The point is, the plastic card needs to be rendered unusable again for the same priority window. That's what needs to happen. The exact method is up to the club. Cornering is just a suggestion.