Re: New rules I'd like to see starting next season.

rncfc wrote:
Caerleon Exile wrote:Priority should be based on age. No point in selling to old coffin Dodgers that won't be alive to support the club for long.

Priority 1:
Under 16, & young adults

Priority 2:
Adults age 25-40

Priority 3:
41-64

Priority 5:
65 to 75

Priority 6:
76+
:cheers: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But what about priority 4?
And where are Priority 1 going to live during the time that they have hold of their priority ticket and who says they would be allowed out to go to the game whilst their old man sits at home.

Caerleon Exile wrote:
rncfc wrote:
Caerleon Exile wrote:Priority should be based on age. No point in selling to old coffin Dodgers that won't be alive to support the club for long.

Priority 1:
Under 16, & young adults

Priority 2:
Adults age 25-40

Priority 3:
41-64

Priority 5:
65 to 75

Priority 6:
76+

Priority 4 is for anyone that doesn't question the priority.
Shouldn’t even be allowed in the queue unless you’ve been a supporter for 76+ years :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is one point I would like to see definitely put into action and it is that NO tickets to be sold to ANYONE other than Newport County AFC TRUST CARD BEARING MEMBERS until AFTER the last League match prior to the All Ticket Match .. The stadium cannot hold enough to need all the various regulated ticket requirements as pointed out in the earlier opening post..
People who only attend games other than league matches should be made to wait till all regular members have theirs.
I have all the aforementioned requirements and even though I emailed the club TWICE and attempted to phone three times---which got NO replies to ANY of them emails or calls------ I have no ticket yet !
Come on the Port !!..............Bob Bassett

BertieB wrote:There is one point I would like to see definitely put into action and it is that NO tickets to be sold to ANYONE other than Newport County AFC TRUST CARD BEARING MEMBERS until AFTER the last League match prior to the All Ticket Match .. The stadium cannot hold enough to need all the various regulated ticket requirements as pointed out in the earlier opening post..
People who only attend games other than league matches should be made to wait till all regular members have theirs.
I have all the aforementioned requirements and even though I emailed the club TWICE and attempted to phone three times---which got NO replies to ANY of them emails or calls------ I have no ticket yet !

Touts have got plenty.

Bob, Bertie, you're old, you don't matter. Stop whining. If you were a real supporter you'd have go a ticket. You could have queued in the rain and so what if at your age you were sitting in the gods on the north terrace in a Newport February?

PS

For the benefit of some I am being sarcastic. That a supporters owned club to treat you this way is a disgrace. Still that's three regular contributors to this board Cat hasn't seen.

Caerleon Exile wrote:
rncfc wrote:

Priority 1:
Under 16, & young adults

Priority 2:
Adults age 25-40

Priority 3:
41-64

Priority 5:
65 to 75

Priority 6:
76+

Priority 4 is for anyone that doesn't question the priority.
Priority 4 is the secret priority for selling blocks of EMPTY SEATS to touts. It actually sits above Priority 1, but is hidden between Priority 3 and Priority 5 to titillate the conspiracy theorists.

#healsoleftusforipswich-lookatthemnow

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
BertieB wrote:There is one point I would like to see definitely put into action and it is that NO tickets to be sold to ANYONE other than Newport County AFC TRUST CARD BEARING MEMBERS until AFTER the last League match prior to the All Ticket Match .. The stadium cannot hold enough to need all the various regulated ticket requirements as pointed out in the earlier opening post..

Touts have got plenty.

Bob, Bertie, you're old, you don't matter. Stop whining. If you were a real supporter you'd have go a ticket. You could have queued in the rain and so what if at your age you were sitting in the gods on the north terrace in a Newport February?

PS

For the benefit of some I am being sarcastic. That a supporters owned club to treat you this way is a disgrace. Still that's three regular contributors to this board Cat hasn't seen.
Unlike a supporters owned club like Sligo who's staff, officials and goalkeeping coach clash with their own supporters after a game.

What a disgrace for such a well run club.

Out of interest Bob, which email address did you email?
I have emailed the club on a few occasions lately and have always received a reply promptly.
Interested in who’s not replying to you so I can make a complaint on your behalf.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Touts have got plenty.

PS

Proof?

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Touts have got plenty.

PS

Unlike a supporters owned club like Sligo who's staff, officials and goalkeeping coach clash with their own supporters after a game.

What a disgrace for such a well run club.

No surely not. I believe you but have you got the link to support this,, there again, no it's OK I choose to believe you but there are those that don't.

Hey you don't think that they clashed with a mouthy, opinionated... no, no can't be what I'm thinking....the fans are all happy at heart and the birds drop diamonds from the sky and they can be heard singing as they sit on top of the ticketing system that is all things to all Sligo supporters.

newgroundrodney wrote:These are the rules that I personally would like to see introduced:

(1) All priority paper tickets to be marked
Whether it be Boro or Crawley, on occasions where a paper ticket can be used as priority for a big game, and is purchased by a Trust member or ST holder, the paper ticket shall be marked with the appropriate designation of the priority route used: "ST" ... "TM" etc.

(2) Season Ticket plastic cards to be 'cornered'
Whenever a ST plastic card is used to obtain priority, one small triangle will be cut into a corner (the same corner for the same game) so that once used, it cannot be re-used for that same game.

(3) All Trust Membership renewals to start on 1st August
If cup ticket priority via Trust membership is wanted, then the member must have joined by 1st August, must have been up to date with payments throughout, and must still be a current member at the time the priority is used.

(4) Late Trust memberships - No Priority
If joining later than 1st August, there will be no priority in the first year, and any fees will be adjusted according to the number of months/weeks left to the end of the current Membership Year. Joining the Trust simply to gain priority half way through a cup run will no longer be possible.

(5) Half Season Tickets - half priority
Means what it says, you get ONE ticket for Cup Games and one ticket, via one route only

These are the rules I believe should be introduced, none of which are difficult to do technologically.
I'll take your points one by one.
1) Marking "priority" tickets. Having someone physically writing ST or TM on tickets seems a bit laborious. Surely a cheaper and effective way of marking tickets is to print them on separate stubs so there's a clear definition between "priority" and "standard" issue tickets.
2) "Cornering" plastic Season ticket cards. The obvious problem is there are only 4 corners on a card and it is possible (though unlikely) that amongst the several cup competitions several "priority" occasions could arise. Plus if I was a season ticket card holder I wouldn't be particularly happy with someone defacing my card.
3) Trust membership renewals on 1st Aug. This is irrelevant. If you want "priority" tickets then you need to be paying monthly to the Trust. If you've tried the "join, get ticket, cancel DD" route then the database should be able to show this when you next apply and only paying the outstanding sum should gain your membership back.
4)Late Trust membership - no priority. You could easily introduce a less draconian cut off point for "priority" tickets. At the start of the season the dates for all competitions will have been made known. You look at the date for the 2nd round of the FA Cup and set the preceding day as a cut-off point for "priority" tickets for that season. Usually it'll be a Friday but if the County were televised for a Friday night then Thursday could be set weeks before.
5) Half season ticket - half priority. Writing as a non-season ticket holder I don't understand why season ticket holders get greater priority than Trust members. Surely you buy a season ticket to reserve your place for home league games during the season? As a regular it's good practice to ensure that you can keep your seats should you wish to go to cup games. I would have no problem with offering cup games to season ticket holders at a reduced price (for their custom) but where is the logic in allowing them twice their allocation? Surely their needs haven't increased? And you can be a Trust member paying monthly who isn't a season ticket holder that attends regular matches (but not all) who is paying more over the year than a season ticket holder and getting half their allocation. So what to do? Cancel your Trust membership, buy a season ticket instead and reap the rewards of an ill-thought out policy. You win and the club loses. Give season ticket holders their seats (should they want them) and Trust members a ticket (should they want them). To me that seems far more fair and equal. So by my system if you buy a half season ticket you can still get a "priority" ticket. That also seems fair.