Re: Tickets available at inflated prices

Exile 1976 wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:I have seen ( on a ticket web site) away tickets at £140 each starting prices and I have had notifications through Facebook ( you can believe it or not , its your choice but they are friends of friends I have on there) that there are at least three different people selling 'home tickets' at various prices - the cheapest are ( with 48 hours and three mins left ) £125 for a pair of North Terrace- 40+ people are watching the auction and have registered an interest in buying them

I’ve seen one link to eBay where someone was selling his and a junior ticket for £45 as he couldn’t go anymore but that has since been taken down.
I have looked on a few ticket re sale sites and can’t find any for sale.
As I’ve said previously though, There will inevitably be people who decide to cash in their ticket(s)

That is where the idea I posted a few minutes ago about fans who attended the Mansfield and MKD games getting the chance before anyone who attended the Middlesbrough game would be fairer . Where were they on Saturday ?

neilcork68 wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:A conversation I had at work earlier....
''Have you got your tickets for Saturday ? ''
''No'' , I replied.
''Oh we have , a friend who's son plays for the Academy was able to buy 6 tickets. Two for him and his dad and 4 he gave to us( at face value so at least he wasnt trying to make a profit)''
''You lucky git, I have asked around but it looks as though I may miss the game and have to watch it on the box'' I replied , whilst biting my tongue as I know the person isn't a County fan .
''Where is the best place to park and where in the Hazell Terrace is the best place to go as we have never been to Rodney Parade before? '' they asked.

I walked away !!!!!!!!
That seems rather unfair , why not complain to the club and mention the academy child in question.

Let us know how you get on.

i dont know who the kid is but I bet he is not the only one who did it because of the way the tickets sold out so fast. I am only going on the conversation I had with a work colleague

Ahhhh so unsubstantiated then. Of course , no one has ever exaggerated their circumstances have they.

Great post though.

Loyalfoot wrote:Neil I'm just saying.......no need for name calling

Ok I do apologise for that but the way some are posting , doubting what I have seen with my own eyes and defending the decision of the club to sell the tickets for one of our biggest games of our history rather than let GENUINE FANS attend the game whilst other are making a fast buck has really peed me off.
I have seen every game ( apart from Middlesbrough away where I had no option because of work) in this years FA CUP , home and away. We get a HUGE game at home against MAN CITY and I cant go because I was unable to get a ticket due to work and a family illness and it really has peed me off.
Then I go to work and get told that someone who has never been to RP before has 4 tickets to attend because someone who I thought could only buy 2 tickets was able to buy 6 and it made me furious with the club
Last edited by neilcork68 on February 11th, 2019, 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

neilcork68 wrote:I have seen ( on a ticket web site) away tickets at £140 each starting prices and I have had notifications through Facebook ( you can believe it or not , its your choice but they are friends of friends I have on there) that there are at least three different people selling 'home tickets' at various prices - the cheapest are ( with 48 hours and three mins left ) £125 for a pair of North Terrace- 40+ people are watching the auction and have registered an interest in buying them
So no tickets on ticket websites for home sections then, only away sections?

Glad we cleared that up.

I don’t understand. Liverpool, Man Utd, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Juventus etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc all have tickets for sale for games by touts for regular ‘run of the mill’ league games, let alone ‘big’ cup games, yet there are people that think that Newport County should have some super duper ticketing system that would ensure there were no tickets being sold by ‘touts’. Unreal.