Re: Tickets available at inflated prices

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Ironsider wrote:
Micheal wrote:I think his point is you and a couple of others haven't stfu about Stan you have an obsession with him
As a long time reader of this forum and recent contributor, I have read some very entertaining and informative threads. Sometimes Stan has made constructive points, mostly he posts with malicious intention. That is my opinion.

However, when the character in question whose banner you so eagerly flock to defend is spreading misfinformarion and quite frankly lies about the club I love, then I will exercise my right to call it out at every opportunity.

On the evidence of this thread, it would seem there are an abundance more that will do the same - and all credit to them.
An abundance of posters, or a small number of posters using more than one name?

I would invite the general readers to read the thread, look at the argument, look at the abuse, and make your own minds up.

8)
Well I am the one and only me, and I believe you are trying to spoil everyone's party so to speak.
You can even see what I look like if you look up plasterers in Newport. So no hiding from me.

lowandhard wrote:Let’s make just one thing clear, some people are saying things like people are getting 2 tickets from st, ticket from Trust membership, ticket from shareholding. NO, you could only use one of those avenues to buy tickets.
Hi Mike,

As you know we take a different view on this. However I really don't know how it is possible for all those at the Middlesbrough tie not to have tickets for the Manchester City tie, unless there were multiple ticket sales.

The anecdotal evidence of those buying tickets is of multiple sales. This to me is wrong. Anyway that's said, people are entitled to disagree, however all I read from a certain group on here are insults directed at me. St Paul urged us to turn the other cheek. I don't. :grin:

Again, no insults off me ,but the truth is you could only get one ticket through the trust, shareholders route, 2 through the season ticket route, and 1 through the Middlesbrough ticket route. What clearly has happened is trust members with Middlesbrough tickets (the majority I'd guess) ,have given their ticket to friends or family, hence so many queuing on Sunday. Personally I think they shouldn't bother with making a match a priority ticket game, but should go to general sales after the trust, season ticket etc window closes.
That's all down to opinion but you keep saying things that simply aren't true.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
lowandhard wrote:Let’s make just one thing clear, some people are saying things like people are getting 2 tickets from st, ticket from Trust membership, ticket from shareholding. NO, you could only use one of those avenues to buy tickets.
Hi Mike,

As you know we take a different view on this. However I really don't know how it is possible for all those at the Middlesbrough tie not to have tickets for the Manchester City tie, unless there were multiple ticket sales.

The anecdotal evidence of those buying tickets is of multiple sales. This to me is wrong. Anyway that's said, people are entitled to disagree, however all I read from a certain group on here are insults directed at me. St Paul urged us to turn the other cheek. I don't. :grin:
I hear what you’re saying Stan but appearances can be misleading. For example a friend of mine buys the tickets for all of my little group of friends to save us queueing ( he being younger and fitter than us ), anyone behind him in the queue would have seen him purchasing about a dozen tickets. As you know I wouldn’t indulge in the hate fest against you and I do have reservations for the provision of tickets to those unable to attend the ticket office but I sincerely doubt that few , if any tickets will be passed by County fans to the touting system.
I think the club realise that this problem with exiled fans is real but sadly people who could have attended and queued, chose to jam the phone lines instead preventing those who lived a long way away from getting through. I was in the shop today and the difference is palpable, only six calls today for tonight’s game. In future maybe a technological answer to this problem would be to filter out local calls so that exiles can get a fairer crack of the whip?

lowandhard wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Hi Mike,

I hear what you’re saying Stan but appearances can be misleading. For example a friend of mine buys the tickets for all of my little group of friends to save us queueing ( he being younger and fitter than us ), anyone behind him in the queue would have seen him purchasing about a dozen tickets. As you know I wouldn’t indulge in the hate fest against you and I do have reservations for the provision of tickets to those unable to attend the ticket office but I sincerely doubt that few , if any tickets will be passed by County fans to the touting system.
I think the club realise that this problem with exiled fans is real but sadly people who could have attended and queued, chose to jam the phone lines instead preventing those who lived a long way away from getting through. I was in the shop today and the difference is palpable, only six calls today for tonight’s game. In future maybe a technological answer to this problem would be to filter out local calls so that exiles can get a fairer crack of the whip?
So an exiled Trust member/ ST holder could get their ticket over the phone but the rain drenched 80 year local ST holder/Trust member with a walking stick in one hand; a baby in the other and umbrella in the other hand, has to queue up in the bitterly cold, artic conditions, caught in the face of storm Eric, for over two hours - that's going to go down well!

The Cat wrote:Again, no insults off me ,but the truth is you could only get one ticket through the trust, shareholders route, 2 through the season ticket route, and 1 through the Middlesbrough ticket route. What clearly has happened is trust members with Middlesbrough tickets (the majority I'd guess) ,have given their ticket to friends or family, hence so many queuing on Sunday. Personally I think they shouldn't bother with making a match a priority ticket game, but should go to general sales after the trust, season ticket etc window closes.
What are you saying I am saying that is untrue?

I think that the board of directors are responsible for running our club.

I think that they can't be above criticism.

I think that not having a ticketing system in place after six years as a league club is a poor show.

I think that all season ticket holders, trust members and Middlesbrough ticket holders should have had a ticket for the Manchester City game.

I think that the decision to sell multiple tickets was an error of gross proportions.

I think that there is a market in the on sale of tickets. (Unless you think Corkie is lying.)

I think that in 2019, those who have priority should not have to queue.

I believe there are people who disagree with me and are entitled to do so. You being one.

I believe there is a group, perhaps an individual, who may or may not be connected to the club who target anyone critical of the club.

I think that if you believe I am lying you are wrong.

So tell me, why do you think I am lying?

UPTHEPORT wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:I was offered a MK Don's ticket for a fiver :shock:
Perhaps we should have kept a couple of Man City tickets to raffle at ht tonight. I expect we’ll be back to the usual tonight despite it being an important fixture. :roll:

Init! Mate wonder how many desperate fans looking for man city tickets will be there tonight

Well I have given up hope of getting a ticket for Saturday but as usual unless I am physically unable to do so I will be attending tonight, as I do at least 85% of our games.
Hope the glory hunters enjoy the game Saturday , maybe they can come to the Carlisle game on March 2nd and tell me about their experience of RP... I wont hold my breath waiting though..# gloryhuntingbarstewards.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
The Cat wrote:Again, no insults off me ,but the truth is you could only get one ticket through the trust, shareholders route, 2 through the season ticket route, and 1 through the Middlesbrough ticket route. What clearly has happened is trust members with Middlesbrough tickets (the majority I'd guess) ,have given their ticket to friends or family, hence so many queuing on Sunday. Personally I think they shouldn't bother with making a match a priority ticket game, but should go to general sales after the trust, season ticket etc window closes.
What are you saying I am saying that is untrue?

I think that the board of directors are responsible for running our club.

I think that they can't be above criticism.

I think that not having a ticketing system in place after six years as a league club is a poor show.

I think that all season ticket holders, trust members and Middlesbrough ticket holders should have had a ticket for the Manchester City game.

I think that the decision to sell multiple tickets was an error of gross proportions.

I think that there is a market in the on sale of tickets. (Unless you think Corkie is lying.)

I think that in 2019, those who have priority should not have to queue.

I believe there are people who disagree with me and are entitled to do so. You being one.

I believe there is a group, perhaps an individual, who may or may not be connected to the club who target anyone critical of the club.

I think that if you believe I am lying you are wrong.

So tell me, why do you think I am lying?
I haven't said you're lying, I am saying what you have said about multiple tickets is untrue. People bought multiple tickets with multiple stubs presumably for friends to save them queuing. This is pretty sensible if you ask me, the queue was big enough as it was. I haven't seen any evidence backing up the touting of tickets (and one person saying it here isn't evidence in my mind). I accept we should have a more modern system but that seems to have been put on the back burner. Yes the, board are not above criticism but you constantly criticise everything they do, which devalues your more relevant thoughts.
Bottom line is I haven't written you've lied, although you did muddy the waters about whether you are a trust member and that you spoke to a ticket agency to sell your ticket (which you didn't actually possess).
I like to think I'm fair minded but you've made it difficult to support what you say.