Re: Tickets available at inflated prices

neilcork68 wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:Does anyone believe Neil
I think he is telling pork pies
If hes not careful his nose will grow to such a proportion
He won’t believe his eyes....
Ffs Corky everyone knows you spouting bulls*** to back up your dumb post earlier so give it a break now please

Very mature response , but then again why do I expect anything else off you :roll:
:grin:

lowandhard wrote:I’ve spent the last hour looking for evidence of ticket touting for the Man City game and found no evidence of it whatsoever.
The club would have allocated some to players, partners, volunteers and the academy and rightly so.
They sold them to ST holders , Trust members and shareholders and rightly so.
They sold them to those with Middlesborough stubs as promised.
They sold out.
My only criticism is that it should be easier for exiles .
We are a small, fans owned club manned largely by a handful of people and some volunteers : I think it’s now time to get off people’s backs and look forward to Saturday.
CTID UTC
Such a sensible post. As harsh as this must seem, as others have said when demand outweighs supply it was inevitable some will miss out, and hopefully lessons have been learnt by the club so that IFand it is only an if a similar situation arises in the future the club can administer it better.

Now so exited about Saturday UTC

And you've been consistent in that. Also I agree. However the club made the decision to sell multiple tickets to individuals which has resulted in genuine fans being left out in the cold.[/quote]

I really don’t understand why you don’t get it Brendan. People were sold multiple tickets because they had multiple ticket stubs/Priority due to Trust Membership. Simple as that. For eg. Mr Evans on County Chat explained that he got 9 tickets because he picked them up for his kids, missus, in laws that were ALL Trust Members!!
I could have gone and got 6 because my wife, kids and I are all Trust Members, I didn’t because they’re not Newport County fans and didn’t want to go.
However, should I have done so that would have been my entitlement.[/quote]

The thing I simply don't get is this.

The academy kids, season ticket holders and trust members all got tickets for the Middlesbrough game when only 6,000 or so were available but didn't when 8,000 were available for Saturday v Man City.

Anyway that's all.[/quote]

That’s the point - a high number of Academy kids did NOT get tickets for the Boro game.

Still waiting for these hundreds upon hundreds of tickets to show up on the black market via touts like certain posters have suggested has happened.

Of course, 99% of people on this thread live in the real world where the reality is actually that a few friends of friends have been hawking tickets on Facebook (allegedly)

But never let the truth get in the way of a good old fashioned agenda.

I can give first hand evidence the people manning the ticket booths were sticking by the rules.
I asked if I could get my youngest son's ticket at the same time (as he had a Middlesbrough ticket), and was told I could only have my ticket and he would have to go Sunday (which he did). What makes this more telling is I actually knew who I was talking to but he still wouldn't bend. Rightly so of course.
So any talk of giving multiple tickets is false, as is most of this thread.
Do you know something also, I'm going to enjoy it, as are thousands of others either at the ground or on TV and the stirring isn't going to change that , and as for guilt, not a chance.

countyareup wrote:I don't understand how the Club sold multiple tickets to individuals. If an 'individual' rocked up with 5 season tickets belonging to his family/friends, he should/would be allowed to purchase their entitlement. If someone had 10 Middlesbrough stubs, he could buy 10 tickets.

Are you suggesting that the folk in the office just gave tickets out willy nilly or 8000 individuals should have gone to queue?

If it's the former, I believe you do the hard working staff/volunteers an injustice. If it's the latter, we'll that's bonkers. My boss would simply not allow 9 workers to be absent for a number of hours on Friday, but he was happy to let one go and get everybody's tickets. Don't forget Stan you offered your Trust membership, on this forum, to another fan to use.
Stan - is that last bit true ??
If so, i find it incredible that you are still on here venting your spleen?

Justanordinaryfan wrote:
countyareup wrote:I don't understand how the Club sold multiple tickets to individuals. If an 'individual' rocked up with 5 season tickets belonging to his family/friends, he should/would be allowed to purchase their entitlement. If someone had 10 Middlesbrough stubs, he could buy 10 tickets.

Are you suggesting that the folk in the office just gave tickets out willy nilly or 8000 individuals should have gone to queue?

If it's the former, I believe you do the hard working staff/volunteers an injustice. If it's the latter, we'll that's bonkers. My boss would simply not allow 9 workers to be absent for a number of hours on Friday, but he was happy to let one go and get everybody's tickets. Don't forget Stan you offered your Trust membership, on this forum, to another fan to use.
Don't believe all he says. Even worse, he posted (in the thread now removed) that he had negotiated selling his ticket to Viagogo for an inflated price. When asked (twice) he responded that he didn't have a ticket. It's all done for effect.

Edit1: my mistake: that claim is in this thread, page one.
Edit 2: His admission that he didn't have a ticket must have been in the removed thread.
Last edited by excessbee on February 12th, 2019, 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Justanordinaryfan wrote:

Good Morning

It appears I am being inadvertently being dragged into this discussion so I will explain my situation.

Four family members all up to date on trust membership, one ticket each, no problem. One more family member wished to come but with no priority.
I saw Stan state he had priority but wouldn’t be using it. Innocently and slightly tongue in cheek I asked if I could take advantage of his priority ticket. It didn’t even enter my head that this might be seen as an immoral act by others.
As it happens the fifth person told me they would not be able to come, I immediately contacted Stan and suggested some other person might take advantage of his kind offer, as indeed many genuine supporters without priority are now seeking assistance.
In hindsight I can appreciate that what I was hoping to do could be seen as Queue jumping, and I am embarrassed by that, but it was done in innocence.

If Stan is indeed not a trust member, as I believed then I was misled anyway.

I hope that clears up my part in the ticket scandal.

Phil in Northampton

phil_in_npton wrote:
Justanordinaryfan wrote:

Good Morning

It appears I am being inadvertently being dragged into this discussion so I will explain my situation.

Four family members all up to date on trust membership, one ticket each, no problem. One more family member wished to come but with no priority.
I saw Stan state he had priority but wouldn’t be using it. Innocently and slightly tongue in cheek I asked if I could take advantage of his priority ticket. It didn’t even enter my head that this might be seen as an immoral act by others.
As it happens the fifth person told me they would not be able to come, I immediately contacted Stan and suggested some other person might take advantage of his kind offer, as indeed many genuine supporters without priority are now seeking assistance.
In hindsight I can appreciate that what I was hoping to do could be seen as Queue jumping, and I am embarrassed by that, but it was done in innocence.

If Stan is indeed not a trust member, as I believed then I was misled anyway.

I hope that clears up my part in the ticket scandal.

Phil in Northampton
Phil I’m not for one minute pointing fingers at you, for potentially accepting Stans offer, I just find it incredible that he comes on here, with his holier than thou attitude, criticising the club for allowing such things to happen, and aims his vitriol and fellow STHs and Trust members for offering such a service, yet he feels it absolutely fine that he does exactly the same thing himself???