Re: Tickets available at inflated prices

Blackandamber wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Bren on fri a guy in front of me had 6 season tickets he had 12 tickets all together I cant see what's wrong with someone collecting tickets for some else
No. However there were over 8,000 tickets. Even if every season ticket holder bought two and each trust holder one there were still enough tickets for all Middlesbrough ticket holders to get one.

But why should season ticket holders get two in any event? I am sure some will buy for friends and relations but if you are aware that some have spare tickets don't you think selling those tickets on at a profit is going to be too much of a temptation for some?

Touts always get hold of tickets. The policy of selling multiple tickets just made it so much easier for them.

Add to that that no checks were made on the Middlesbrough ticket stubs then I suspect that forging those stubs was both easy and lucrative. Look on the other threads, and you will see the story of a life long fan and trust member in west London who didn't get a ticket, or the 80 year old life time fan who queued for hours with his Middlesbrough stub only to be told all the tickets were sold. Or Bertie who couldn't get a ticket.

But question whether the club actually cocked up and a myriad of unknown posters will appear and abuse.
Don't forget my cousin Bren. Life long County supporter, at nearly every home match, volunteer for many years and season ticket holder last year. Went to Middlesbrough but couldn't get ticket in queue Sunday at 8.30.
I don't forget him or others like him.

Thank you though. My belief is that the multiple ticket sales to individuals has robbed many supporters, especially older supporters of the chance of being there when County play their biggest game. They have tried to shut me up. But people like your cousin mean I won't.

If those whose idea of debate is to continually insult think I will shut up they are mistaken. Nonetheless the occasional kind words from people such as yourself help.

Once again, thank you.

I have seen ( on a ticket web site) away tickets at £140 each starting prices and I have had notifications through Facebook ( you can believe it or not , its your choice but they are friends of friends I have on there) that there are at least three different people selling 'home tickets' at various prices - the cheapest are ( with 48 hours and three mins left ) £125 for a pair of North Terrace- 40+ people are watching the auction and have registered an interest in buying them

Say what you like but I can't let this stuff deflect from the most exciting build up to a match I can remember.
I defended Stan's right to fair treatment a while ago but this has gone on too long now.
Much like every other issue he has about the people who run the club, he does nothing to actually solve anything. In the real world we are excited about this match, on here we are picking the bones out of everything. It's pretty numbing to be honest.

A conversation I had at work earlier....
''Have you got your tickets for Saturday ? ''
''No'' , I replied.
''Oh we have , a friend who's son plays for the Academy was able to buy 6 tickets. Two for him and his dad and 4 he gave to us( at face value so at least he wasnt trying to make a profit)''
''You lucky git, I have asked around but it looks as though I may miss the game and have to watch it on the box'' I replied , whilst biting my tongue as I know the person isn't a County fan .
''Where is the best place to park and where in the Hazell Terrace is the best place to go as we have never been to Rodney Parade before? '' they asked.

I walked away !!!!!!!!

Loyalfoot wrote:Let's look forward to a great game on Saturday and forget the fog that is dragging the historic day down
Its ok for you to say this as you have a ticket. Through work and my wife being ill with her heart problem over the weekend I , a fan who attends at least 80% of home and away games couldn't and people who arent even fans , never seen us play before have been able to do so because fans were able to buy more tickets than they needed.

neilcork68 wrote:I have seen ( on a ticket web site) away tickets at £140 each starting prices and I have had notifications through Facebook ( you can believe it or not , its your choice but they are friends of friends I have on there) that there are at least three different people selling 'home tickets' at various prices - the cheapest are ( with 48 hours and three mins left ) £125 for a pair of North Terrace- 40+ people are watching the auction and have registered an interest in buying them

3 people, that’s hardly ticket touts though. Of course there will be some that think they will make a few quid selling their spare ticket or even their own ticket and watch it on the box instead.

neilcork68 wrote:A conversation I had at work earlier....
''No'' , I replied.
''Oh we have , a friend who's son plays for the Academy was able to buy 6 tickets. Two for him and his dad and 4 he gave to us( at face value so at least he wasnt trying to make a profit)''
''You lucky git, I have asked around but it looks as though I may miss the game and have to watch it on the box'' I replied , whilst biting my tongue as I know the person isn't a County fan .
''Where is the best place to park and where in the Hazell Terrace is the best place to go as we have never been to Rodney Parade before? '' they asked.

I walked away !!!!!!!!
That seems rather unfair , why not complain to the club and mention the academy child in question.

Let us know how you get on.
Last edited by Alan G Bryant on February 11th, 2019, 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Exile 1976 wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:I have seen ( on a ticket web site) away tickets at £140 each starting prices and I have had notifications through Facebook ( you can believe it or not , its your choice but they are friends of friends I have on there) that there are at least three different people selling 'home tickets' at various prices - the cheapest are ( with 48 hours and three mins left ) £125 for a pair of North Terrace- 40+ people are watching the auction and have registered an interest in buying them

3 people, that’s hardly ticket touts though. Of course there will be some that think they will make a few quid selling their spare ticket or even their own ticket and watch it on the box instead.

Thats just three I have come across so far.
How many people have posted saying they witnessed people buying upto 10 tickets whilst genuine fans miss out ? More will come out this week selling at inflated prices.

We sold 500 tickets for Middlesbrough in 5/10 minutes last week , correct ?
The club , IMO should have said Season Ticket holders should get first dibs then people who attended Mansfield and MKD get second preference to let Genuine fans who attend the bread and butter League games a better chance of obtaining tickets , not 'big game fans' the Friday / Saturday upto 3pm a free for all ..They would still have had a SELL OUT , IMO

I’ve seen one link to eBay where someone was selling his and a junior ticket for £45 as he couldn’t go anymore but that has since been taken down.
I have looked on a few ticket re sale sites and can’t find any for sale.
As I’ve said previously though, There will inevitably be people who decide to cash in their ticket(s)

Alan G Bryant wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:A conversation I had at work earlier....
''No'' , I replied.

I walked away !!!!!!!!
That seems rather unfair , why not complain to the club and mention the academy child in question.

Let us know how you get on.

i dont know who the kid is but I bet he is not the only one who did it because of the way the tickets sold out so fast. I am only going on the conversation I had with a work colleague

neilcork68 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:

Thats just three I have come across so far.
How many people have posted saying they witnessed people buying upto 10 tickets whilst genuine fans miss out ? More will come out this week selling at inflated prices.

We sold 500 tickets for Middlesbrough in 5/10 minutes last week , correct ?
The club , IMO should have said Season Ticket holders should get first dibs then people who attended Mansfield and MKD get second preference to let Genuine fans who attend the bread and butter League games a better chance of obtaining tickets , not 'big game fans' the Friday / Saturday upto 3pm a free for all ..They would still have had a SELL OUT , IMO

Mate, loads of people have said they’ve seen people buy 9/10 tickets but by the same token there have been those people that have bought 9/10 tickets that have explained clearly that they did so because they had 9/10 valid tickets. I have no problem, and would personally prefer to queue behind one person getting him and his 8/9 mates their tickets than to queue up behind 9/10 buying their own.