Tickets available at inflated prices

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Posts

6580

Re: Tickets available at inflated prices

Postby neilcork68 » February 11th, 2019, 10:50 pm

Exile 1976 wrote:I don’t understand. Liverpool, Man Utd, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Juventus etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc all have tickets for sale for games by touts for regular ‘run of the mill’ league games, let alone ‘big’ cup games, yet there are people that think that Newport County should have some super duper ticketing system that would ensure there were no tickets being sold by ‘touts’. Unreal.



No just a fairer way because of the crowd only being 8000 when we have a 'core of just over 3000'........If as I said in an earlier post prefence was given to fans who attend the run of the mill league games ( MANSFIELD and MKD) were given second dibs of purchasing tickets after season ticket holders the attendances for those two games would have topped 4000 , IMO , possibly 5000 so the club would have made more money rather than just pack the ground with fans who will only attend the 'glamour games ' of the FA CUP.... I know it happens at every lower league clubs but as a fans own club we could set an example of how to treat your core fan base right.
Thats my views , right or wrong . Agree or disagree , its your choice....thats what I believed a Football Forum was for , for fans to air their views ?????
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Posts

6580

Re: Tickets available at inflated prices

Postby neilcork68 » February 11th, 2019, 10:52 pm

Ironsider wrote:So what we really have here are some friends of friends Facebook posts, no actual ticketing websites with no actual physical links or any other form of evidence to back up anything that's been said and a very ironic sunglasses smiley from someone who worked in the court system where hearsay is not admissible as evidence.

You couldn't make it up.



One on line site selling tickets and three different people selling tickets at over inflated price on Facebook that I have seen this evening, home or away is an example of ticket touting and there is ONE such site selling at inflated prices starting off at £124....
Well Thats what I call it , what do you ????
Last edited by neilcork68 on February 11th, 2019, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

Ironsider

Posts

104

Re: Tickets available at inflated prices

Postby Ironsider » February 11th, 2019, 10:58 pm

neilcork68 wrote:
Ironsider wrote:So what we really have here are some friends of friends Facebook posts, no actual ticketing websites with no actual physical links or any other form of evidence to back up anything that's been said and a very ironic sunglasses smiley from someone who worked in the court system where hearsay is not admissible as evidence.

You couldn't make it up.



One site selling tickets , home or away is an example of ticket touting and there is ONE such site selling at inflated prices starting off at £124....


Yeah, away end tickets - absolutely nothing to do with club once those tickets go to Man City I'm afraid.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Posts

14817

Location

MT

Re: Tickets available at inflated prices

Postby Exile 1976 » February 11th, 2019, 11:00 pm

neilcork68 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:I don’t understand. Liverpool, Man Utd, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Juventus etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc all have tickets for sale for games by touts for regular ‘run of the mill’ league games, let alone ‘big’ cup games, yet there are people that think that Newport County should have some super duper ticketing system that would ensure there were no tickets being sold by ‘touts’. Unreal.



No just a fairer way because of the crowd only being 8000 when we have a 'core of just over 3000'........If as I said in an earlier post prefence was given to fans who attend the run of the mill league games ( MANSFIELD and MKD) were given second dibs of purchasing tickets after season ticket holders the attendances for those two games would have topped 4000 , IMO , possibly 5000 so the club would have made more money rather than just pack the ground with fans who will only attend the 'glamour games ' of the FA CUP.... I know it happens at every lower league clubs but as a fans own club we could set an example of how to treat your core fan base right.
Thats my views , right or wrong . Agree or disagree , its your choice....thats what I believed a Football Forum was for , for fans to air their views ?????



Of course It is what a football forum is for, and I disagree with you and I’m letting you know.
Some people have said Priority should have been given for those that attended Boro, others Mansfield, personally I wouldn’t have given priority for either.
As we don’t have a ‘points based’ system, I’d have had priority for ST/Shareholder/Trust Members/Academy then all others out for general sale
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Posts

6580

Re: Tickets available at inflated prices

Postby neilcork68 » February 11th, 2019, 11:01 pm

Ironsider wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:
Ironsider wrote:So what we really have here are some friends of friends Facebook posts, no actual ticketing websites with no actual physical links or any other form of evidence to back up anything that's been said and a very ironic sunglasses smiley from someone who worked in the court system where hearsay is not admissible as evidence.

You couldn't make it up.



One site selling tickets , home or away is an example of ticket touting and there is ONE such site selling at inflated prices starting off at £124....


Yeah, away end tickets - absolutely nothing to do with club once those tickets go to Man City I'm afraid.



I have seen three people selling home tickets on Facebook. Thats touting in my world.
no avatar
User

mad norm

Posts

5612

Location

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Re: Tickets available at inflated prices

Postby mad norm » February 11th, 2019, 11:01 pm

I think this inflated ticket price thread has been blown up out of all proportion
no avatar
User

Alan G Bryant

Posts

954

Re: Tickets available at inflated prices

Postby Alan G Bryant » February 11th, 2019, 11:01 pm

neilcork68 wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:Alan you really are a sad man


Maybe , but if I was as gutted as you proclaim to be, I would ask the child's name and approach the club to ascertain the full facts before your spurious claims.



Yes you probably would. I bet you even cheered when BAMBI's mum got killed :roll: :roll: :roll:


No not at all, but you claim is based on ifs, maybes and the cast iron ' I bet ' others done it

A good barrister wouid tie you in knots old boy.

Get some proof and come back to us with something of substance
no avatar
User

Ironsider

Posts

104

Re: Tickets available at inflated prices

Postby Ironsider » February 11th, 2019, 11:06 pm

neilcork68 wrote:

I have seen three people selling home tickets on Facebook. Thats touting in my world.


Three people?

But there were supposedly HUNDREDS of tickets getting into the wrong hands - a real deluge of tickets ending up on the black (and amber) market...

So just to clarify, you haven't seen any home section tickets on the ticketing websites as has been suggested and bandied about quite carelessly by another poster on here?
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Posts

14817

Location

MT

Re: Tickets available at inflated prices

Postby Exile 1976 » February 11th, 2019, 11:06 pm

neilcork68 wrote:
Ironsider wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:

One site selling tickets , home or away is an example of ticket touting and there is ONE such site selling at inflated prices starting off at £124....


Yeah, away end tickets - absolutely nothing to do with club once those tickets go to Man City I'm afraid.



I have seen three people selling home tickets on Facebook. Thats touting in my world.



They might be ST holders/Trust Members or people that ‘go to every game’ , you don’t know and it happens at even the biggest of clubs and games, how do you think Newport County could stop this ??
I’ve already said, I know people who are ST holders that are selling the other ticket because their mates can’t go. I also know someone who has one ticket but now has to work and will be selling his.
no avatar
User

Alan G Bryant

Posts

954

Re: Tickets available at inflated prices

Postby Alan G Bryant » February 11th, 2019, 11:08 pm

Ironsider wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:

I have seen three people selling home tickets on Facebook. Thats touting in my world.


Three people?

But there were supposedly HUNDREDS of tickets getting into the wrong hands - a real deluge of tickets ending up on the black (and amber) market...

So just to clarify, you haven't seen any home section tickets on the ticketing websites as has been suggested and bandied about quite carelessly by another poster on here?



So if on Facebook , you will know their identities , why not report them to the club?
Or are they selling them for cost price as some now can't make it?
You need to be more specific old boy.
no avatar
User

Alan G Bryant

Posts

954

Re: Tickets available at inflated prices

Postby Alan G Bryant » February 11th, 2019, 11:11 pm

neilcork68 wrote:Alan you really are an odious character


It is sad that some supporters cannot debate but revert to hurling insults when questioned.
no avatar
User

Ironsider

Posts

104

Re: Tickets available at inflated prices

Postby Ironsider » February 11th, 2019, 11:14 pm

So what I have gathered from all of this is that a few people have been on Facebook selling unwanted / unneeded tickets.

No ticketing websites have home section tickets available on there - which if the supposedly hundreds of tickets destined for touts had come to fruition, certainly would be.

So to conclude, Stan has taken an unsubstantiated word of mouth post without knowing the facts, hasn't checked them and then chosen to run with them as another means to attack the club.

A highly embarrassing oversight from someone who has practiced law and one that shows how foolish some people can be in their wanton desire to cause aggravation.

Hopefully all concerned will learn lessons from this.
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Posts

6580

Re: Tickets available at inflated prices

Postby neilcork68 » February 11th, 2019, 11:17 pm

If I were an odious person like you I could take it further as I know the names of the people on Facebook doing it. I probably could find out the childs name to dob them in but its not my place to do so..
Or as with one of your earlier posts , why should I provide evidence to you or anyone on here to back up my claims. This is an unofficial messageboard and you are a keyboard warrior who thinks he knows it all and has the right to know everything.
No a good lawyer / barrister wouldn't tie me up in knots because if I wanted to I could provide the evidence.
if you believe me or not , it is of no concern to me

You obviously only read what you want to read because I already posted earlier that one person I know the name of ( indirectly via friends of friends )on facebook is selling the tickets in an auction that has two days to go and they are already double the face value of the tickets...that in my world is TOUTING....If they didnt want them or couldnt now go they could sell them at face value not for profit....Thats touting to me
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Posts

6580

Re: Tickets available at inflated prices

Postby neilcork68 » February 11th, 2019, 11:22 pm

Alan G Bryant wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:Alan you really are an odious character


It is sad that some supporters cannot debate but revert to hurling insults when questioned.



Its not an insult its just the way you come across thinking you know better than most that makes me feel you are an odious person.
In one of your posts you say ...'provide evidence' , why the hell should I on an unofficial message board ? Its everyone's choice who post on here whether you believe whats posted or not
no avatar
User

Ironsider

Posts

104

Re: Tickets available at inflated prices

Postby Ironsider » February 11th, 2019, 11:24 pm

There are currently NO tickets on eBay at inflated prices.

There are NO tickets for home sections on ticketing websites at inflated prices.

There are reports of THREE people on Facebook selling tickets.

So currently a handful of tickets out of 8000 are being sold after original purchase.

So I ask, where are the hundreds of tickets that have supposedly gone to touts?
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests

Powered by phpBB ®