GRANDSTAND: EXILES v MANCHESTER CITY FA CUP 5TH ROUND

An early start for the count down to our 5th round FA Cup match against Premier League Champions Manchester City.

As we all know by now it's only the 2nd time the County have reached the 5th round. What are the odds of us getting to the quarter finals for the 1st time?

How many of City's star players will start or even feature in the match day squad? Can the lads do it again, or is this a step too far?
I for one can't wait for Saturday at 5.30.

C'MON THE COUNTY! UP THE PORT! RUN LADS SHOOT LADS!

Re: GRANDSTAND: EXILES v MANCHESTER CITY FA CUP 5TH ROUND

The Cat wrote:I think Newport city centre is going to be buzzing all Saturday, and the place will feel as if something special is taking place. Can't wait for the whole (slightly) unique experience.
We will possibly see quite a few star names, but I don't expect to see David Silva, De Bruyne or Aguero.
Agreed.

A very special occasion that deserves the utmost support.

Whether you have a ticket or not, I hope the pubs are packed out and the atmosphere in town is worthy of such an occasion.

It's interesting that Pep has played quite strong teams - even the second leg at Burton when he could have played all kids so maybe that's about a bit of respect for the smaller club and the fans buying tickets expecting to see some big names. However, with Champions League next week I expect him to rest quite a few, maybe have them on the bench as insurance. I'd love it if we can score a goal against them - even better if it's the first one - for a bit of excitement but realistically expect us to lose by 3 which would be no disgrace. For me Saturday should just be a bit of a celebration of what the club has achieved and something for us to enjoy with no pressure of expectation. What's more important is what we do with the money we've earned to improve ourselves for the future.

bluehuw wrote:Afternoon boyos

Couldn't get a ticket for the game and judging by the other threads on here there's no way I'd get one in the home end.

As for the team Pep puts out, I would say at a conservative estimate it will be valued at over £300k with a couple of the up and coming stars getting a game. Basically you've got no chance. So I'm fully expecting you to win 1-0.
Don't you mean million :shock:

Good Afternoon!

Wow mate you have started early! I hope you realise that those two plates of biscuits are not going to be enough!
A lot of newcomers probably don’t even realise that refreshments are available here either.
Also I expect fresh ones come Saturday and indeed something a bit special as fitting to the occasion. We only used to get the chocolate hob nobs out if we were winning at half time!

I expect a fair bit of traffic through the Grandstand for this one, so any regulars who can chip in with the refreshments let us know what you can bring to the party!

Phil in Npton

Sadly I won't be there through work commitments but will watch in my club as I did for the Boro replay
Went to the first Boro game and atmosphere was superb so I envy all of you being at this game I'm sure it'll be rocking especially if we can keep it at nil nil or even snatch a goal first.
Not holding out much hope but you never know.
Hope you all have a fantastic day and I will see some of you at Notts County :bounce: :bounce: :cheers: :cheers:

Great to see the Grandstand thread up and running this early. Must be an all time record and it shows the excitement of the fans. Unfortunately I don't have a ticket for this one as I was out of the country during the application process. Have my Boro' stub though. Thanks Jim.

I still intend being in the 'Port on Saturday and there may be a very slim chance of a hospitality ticket. I'm not holding out much hope though as at the moment they are like rocking horse sh*t.

My prediction - six nil if we are lucky. I just can't see us scoring seven though as they are the reigning Premier league champions after all.

phil_in_npton wrote:Good Afternoon!

Wow mate you have started early! I hope you realise that those two plates of biscuits are not going to be enough!
A lot of newcomers probably don’t even realise that refreshments are available here either.
Also I expect fresh ones come Saturday and indeed something a bit special as fitting to the occasion. We only used to get the chocolate hob nobs out if we were winning at half time!

I expect a fair bit of traffic through the Grandstand for this one, so any regulars who can chip in with the refreshments let us know what you can bring to the party!

Phil in Npton
You're right Phil. Having to send out for more custard creams already :lol: