Re: GRANDSTAND: EXILES v MANCHESTER CITY FA CUP 5TH ROUND

Man City's possession won that game !
Totally dominant but they didn't do much in front of goal in the first half .
Thought we let them come at us too easily , but hey ho .... its Man City .
We started well second half and had a couple of chances .
At the end of the day , it was 1-2 at 88 minutes and I really was thinking "hang on .... this could still happen"

Was never a 1-4 defeat which ever way you look at it .
We did ourselves proud throughout this competition and can hold our heads high .

Not like that Cuntdiff ****** who came on the pitch at the end doing their Ayatollah shit !
Hope he gets a right beating tonight .
Blueturd prick !

(Ban me if you want mods !)

Top quality players all of them. Certainly no disgrace on out part. Fernandinho, Sane and Silva were world class in my opinion. The time they seemed to have on the ball was incredible. A class apart.

It wasn't just their possession. They seemed to be able to up a gear at will and show explosive pace near the box when it was needed. I suppose nothing less than that should be expected from world class players.

Very proud of our performance tonight. The place was bouncing. Joe Day possibly my mom followed by Mickey D and Dan B. Cmon the County.

bishbashbosh wrote:Awful performance, they made us look like a league 2 side... Bennett totally outclassed by that Silva bloke, whoever he was. Mahrez, had butler in knots! Not sure how he was mom! Wilmott! Well I'll let our resident expert comment on him.

Overall, a complete shambles against one of the best sides in the world. 0-0 half time! Should have been winning comfortably at that stage!
:lol: :lol: :cheers: :grin:
1-2 at 88 minutes against that lot .....
I've got nothing but pride in our performance tonight .

bishbashbosh wrote:Awful performance, they made us look like a league 2 side... Bennett totally outclassed by that Silva bloke, whoever he was. Mahrez, had butler in knots! Not sure how he was mom! Wilmott! Well I'll let our resident expert comment on him.

Overall, a complete shambles against one of the best sides in the world. 0-0 half time! Should have been winning comfortably at that stage!
I think I prefer Pep Guardiola's assessment rather than yours.

Slightly disappointed in the County performance. I think we froze a little with facing such illustrious opponents, particularly in the second half. Particularly disappointed with our wing-backs - Willmott did get forward a little but did little to help out Poole behind him and Butler didn't get forward at all and defended poorly.

But the thing to do is to take the lessons learned when playing a vastly superior side and correct the faults made.

Whilst immensely proud of the teams performance the worst part was our own mistakes gifted them two goals.....Day should never get beaten as easily at his near post as he did ( did the injury play a part as he looked a bit shaken by it, (broken nose ?) ) and Butler easily giving away possession for their final goal ( although the game was over by then as a contest so it didnt really matter )

The 4 - 1 score didnt really sum up the game. Obviously they were better than us but it could have been so different if Bakinson had scored...Pep looked ready to bring on their 'big guns' just before we they scored as he was talking with his assistant about doing so.

O'Brien MOM for me by quite a long way

Who forgot to tell the groundsman to turn on the sprinklers as the pitch looked quite dry...Where was the mud bath we needed ?
Last edited by neilcork68 on February 16th, 2019, 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cornish Exile wrote:

Pep doesn't do irony...

Cornish Exile wrote:

I think he's taking the piss ?? :roll: