Re: Pep's pre match Press Conference

I think Pep gave the County a lot of respect in that Press conference. He was complimentary about our Boro (replay) performance, said that we were the better team. He suggested that in some areas we are bigger and stronger than them, and that they will have to adapt. He also said that they will all have experience of playing on pitches like ours and will adapt to the conditions

A very professional approach. They seem to be taking us seriously

Kairdiff Exile wrote:Very classy from Pep, fair play.

Although it would have been hilarious if he'd come out and said "Are you mad? We're MILES better than this lot. If we don't win by seven or eight, I'll be fuming. I'm pondering putting out our under-11s just to make a game of it..."
Quite.

My worry is that he is taking us seriously and showing respect. His views on the pitch in terms is that it is what it is and we just have to get on with it. As I often say winners don't seek excuses. Had he said on that quagmire it's anyone's game I'd have been far happier.

Justanordinaryfan wrote:Their winners they’ll want to win the lot. I feel that the fact the possibility of the quadruple getting closer will work against us - plus the weathers been bloody fine all week - much preferred to have had Middlesbrough type weather. Never mind - I’d have ripped their arms off for this when I got up early to catch the bus to Met Police !
Yeah me too, that was a day wasn’t it? Really enjoyed this cup run. What my fear is about tomorrow is that they do a Chelsea in the first 20 minutes and take the sting out of the game. Let’s hope we can keep it close for the longest time possible ———- until our winner in 90 + 7 :grin: :cheers: