Joe, this is your DAY......

Sometimes in football, one player on a pitch gets a chance to stand out, a chance to show what they're capable of, that player is the goalkeeper.
Today, Joe, it's your turn.
You make a string of breathtaking saves, keeping some of the best players in the world at bay, and YOU WILL GET NOTICED!!!

The world is watching Joe, this is your Day......... make it a great one!!

Re: Joe, this is your DAY......

newgroundrodney wrote:
countyareup wrote:I was thinking the same. Any of our players could really progress their careers today with an outstanding performance.
...yep, for all his critics, the first name Guardiola named as a danger was Robbie Willmott!
To be fair , most of the criticism of Robbie came from when he was playing out of position for the sake of the team. It is a pity that some of our so called experts could not recognise that he was out of position and cut him some slack.

THAT IS MY FINAL SAY on the matter

Alan G Bryant wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
countyareup wrote:I was thinking the same. Any of our players could really progress their careers today with an outstanding performance.
...yep, for all his critics, the first name Guardiola named as a danger was Robbie Willmott!
To be fair , most of the criticism of Robbie came from when he was playing out of position for the sake of the team. It is a pity that some of our so called experts could not recognise that he was out of position and cut him some slack.

THAT IS MY FINAL SAY on the matter
I totally agree. He's my Favourite by a million miles.

newgroundrodney wrote:Sometimes in football, one player on a pitch gets a chance to stand out, a chance to show what they're capable of, that player is the goalkeeper.
You make a string of breathtaking saves, keeping some of the best players in the world at bay, and YOU WILL GET NOTICED!!!

Like they say in America "have a nice Day now ".

newgroundrodney wrote:Sometimes in football, one player on a pitch gets a chance to stand out, a chance to show what they're capable of, that player is the goalkeeper.

Sadly it wasn't his finest Day

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:

If that's meant to be a criticism of his performance, it is completely wrong.Several excellent saves kept us in the game, whilst there was little he could do to prevent the goals.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:

Sorry how dare you Joe's be outstanding all season great keeper

UPTHEPORT wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:

Sorry how dare you Joe's be outstanding all season great keeper
How dare he have an opinion? Should Day be immune from criticism because he's a "nice bloke"?