Re: Joe, this is your DAY......

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:I agree he is a very good keeper at this level and has saved us many points this season with many MOM performances, but my personal opinion is he will be disappointed with himself with the conceding of some of the goals tonight.

I agree . That said , I believe the first blow to his nose when they scored was worse than it looked and it affected him...He got hit again later on as well..( possible broken nose ? should he have been replaced ?
Last edited by neilcork68 on February 16th, 2019, 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

South London Exile wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:I agree he is a very good keeper at this level and has saved us many points this season with many MOM performances, but my personal opinion is he will be disappointed with himself with the conceding of some of the goals tonight.
Agree, usually can’t fault him but he definitely could have done better with their goals.
Having said this, hope his nose injury doesn't prevent him being available to play Tuesday. I do know from personal experience how a nose injury can cause swelling and affect one's vision. Most importantly hope he signs a new contract with us as I believe his current contract is up at the end of the season.

Amberexile wrote:I don't believe any goalkeeper in league 2 would have done better tonight. The difference in the way a top professional strikes the ball is immense. They don't talk about a difference in class for nothing
And of course what didn't help was that knock on nose from the ball. Other wise I would say that he would have had a better game and saved a couple of those balls that actually went in. 2 - 1 would have been a fair result in my eyes.

County ranger wrote:
Amberexile wrote:I don't believe any goalkeeper in league 2 would have done better tonight. The difference in the way a top professional strikes the ball is immense. They don't talk about a difference in class for nothing
I agree the pace they hit the ball was amazing
And two of them from the edge of the six-yard box.

I'm not sure what some of the "experts" expect.

First goal was unlucky. Shot stopping is about getting any part of your body between the ball and the goal. He did that but the ball has to bounce somewhere and unfortunately it bounced in the goal.

Goals three and four would have been excellent saves but they were savable. Perhaps slightly out of position for the third.

Second goal he will have been disappointed by. Not a howler but he should have saved it.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:First goal was unlucky. Shot stopping is about getting any part of your body between the ball and the goal. He did that but the ball has to bounce somewhere and unfortunately it bounced in the goal.

Goals three and four would have been excellent saves but they were savable. Perhaps slightly out of position for the third.

Second goal he will have been disappointed by. Not a howler but he should have saved it.

Pretty much sums it up