Bakinson

Personally, I wouldn't be overly bothered if he didn't play for us again. Bottled out of challenge after challenge yesterday, marking space and pointing, half jogging back - I'd have taken him off at half time. He's been the same for the most part of late - a lack of effort and fans are noticing it. Sheehan and Dolan are our players (maybe Kennedy too) and I'd sooner play them in view of looking towards next season. Sheehan chased everything when he came on, like it mattered. The fans can forgive players having a poor game but they can't forgive players not putting a shift in and busting a gut - same reason why fans became increasingly fruatrated with Nouble last seadon.
Last edited by Ado on February 17th, 2019, 9:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Bakinson

Ado wrote:Personally, I wouldn't be overly bothered if he didn't play for us again. Bottled out of challenge after challenge yesterday, marking space and pointing, half jogging back - I'd have taken him off at half time. He's been the same for the most part of late - a lack of effort and fans are noticing it. Sheehan, Dolan, Kennedy are our players and I'd sooner play them - Sheehan chased everything when he came on, like it mattered. The fans can forgive players having a poor game but they can't forgive players not putting a shift in and busting a gut - same reason why fans became increasingly fruatrated with Nouble last seadon.
Agree that Bakinson has been disappointing after a promising start. Am I right in believing the 3 others mentioned are out of contract at the end of the season? If so they should be the more motivated to perform for the remainder of the season.

Agree that he was very poor, looked disinterested throughout, and often gave the ball away cheaply without any attempt to retrieve the situation he created.
You would have thought that on this stage he would have been inclined to put in a decent shift, and yet he failed to do so.
Unless his attitude changes then I am afraid he is destined to try and carve out a living in non league football. Should be on the bench for the next few games at least, although inexplicably MF is still likely to select him over the likes of Sheehan and Dolan.

He hit the woodwork against MKD and was denied by a world class save against Man City. If he had that little bit of luck we'd be singing his praises. He was fantastic earlier on in the season but does seem to be going through a rough patch, fingers crossed he gets it sorted soon.

Percy plunkett wrote:We will need to rest a few on Tuesday,he being one.Not sure if Benno was injured or Labs but Kennedy should start and or Sheehan/ Dolan.The Villa and Westham boys should get a run also.Azeez probably injured but should play a part if not.
Wouldn't disagree with any of that.

I thought he looked much better against MK Dons but against the midfield Man City played he was always going to look second best. I wouldn't disagree with resting him but if you think either Dolan or Sheehan will be better you're likely to be disappointed. Dolan never plays a forward pass - it's always sideways or backwards. And often he loses it. Sheehan hasn't been the same player since coming back from long-term injury. Both would be high on my list for "getting rid" unless either can demonstrate a massive upturn in form...

Personally I am a big fan of Bakinson - his performances and confidence took a huge dip but look on the way back up for me - he wasn’t at his best against City but look who he was against - a huge plus when on form and as mentioned - who would you bring in ? Dolan !? First name on the out door for me.
Sheehan should have a run before season end.

If he had scored 'that goal' things may have been totally different , we will never know.

What I can almost guarantee is ,if he had of and it was 'that goal' that won the game he would be getting hero worship off the very fans criticising him :roll:

hes a young lad with bags of potential and ability and he is doing ok IMO

I think he's doing ok and a useful member of the squad. Not sure he earns a starting place every game but he's a useful member of the squad. He probably should have scored Saturday but equally there wasn't a lot of pace on the ball so not easy to generate it.