Re: Bakinson

Barnabas wrote:... and just like with Nouble last season against Spurs, the chance to go one up early on fell to the wrong player. Credit to Bakinson for being in the right place, but if only he could have got more power on the header!
A defender tugged Bakinson's shirt as he went for the header. You have to look very closely at the video to see it. County should have had a penalty then but that was never going to happen.

G Guest wrote:
Barnabas wrote:... and just like with Nouble last season against Spurs, the chance to go one up early on fell to the wrong player. Credit to Bakinson for being in the right place, but if only he could have got more power on the header!
A defender tugged Bakinson's shirt as he went for the header. You have to look very closely at the video to see it. County should have had a penalty then but that was never going to happen.
Man city could have had two penalties I think luck was more on our side to be fair

Ado wrote:Coincidence that we won 4-1 last night and Bakinson wasn't playing ? Or did we have 10 outfield players putting a full shift in and we were strong in midfield ?
Cutting. I take it you aren't a Bakinson fan then. Cant argue with your pure logic of course but there are other contributory factors.

When I first saw him earlier in the season I thought he was a right handful. All arms and legs. I don't know what has happened but he doesn't use his body the same way now. Perhaps he needs a break.

pembsexile wrote:
Ado wrote:Coincidence that we won 4-1 last night and Bakinson wasn't playing ? Or did we have 10 outfield players putting a full shift in and we were strong in midfield ?
Cutting. I take it you aren't a Bakinson fan then. Cant argue with your pure logic of course but there are other contributory factors.

When I first saw him earlier in the season I thought he was a right handful. All arms and legs. I don't know what has happened but he doesn't use his body the same way now. Perhaps he needs a break.
I thought he was great at the beginning of the season too but for months now he's been drifting in and out of games. I certainly wouldn't have him as an automatic starter now that Labs is back and Kennedy has come in.

pembsexile wrote:

Of course, after all, Bakinson recently played in the 2-0 victory over Championship contenders Middlesboro (as well as a 1-0 win over Mansfield) but not in a 4-1 win over the entire football league's bottom club.
For me, Labadie is quite obviously the better player (though totally different style of footballer) but I do like Bakinson.

Exile 1976 wrote:
pembsexile wrote:

Of course, after all, Bakinson recently played in the 2-0 victory over Championship contenders Middlesboro (as well as a 1-0 win over Mansfield) but not in a 4-1 win over the entire football league's bottom club.
For me, Labadie is quite obviously the better player (though totally different style of footballer) but I do like Bakinson.
Of course, after all, Robbie Willmott replaced him in central midfield, which everyone agrees is his best position :lol: .

Exile 1976 wrote:
pembsexile wrote:

Imagine the player he'd be if he wasn't work-shy and bothered to track back and put a tackle in. The difference in work rate between him and every single other play is massive.

Bakinson when he started the first 3 or 4 matches he was being compared to a League 2 Pogba and slowly but surely his form has got worse and worse. His work rate is not good enough and hunger, desire and passion is minimal.
Semenyo going back to Bristol City might have not helped him although what a waste for Semenyo who has not been in the first team squad since he went back presume he is in the reserves.
Would not play Bakinson without the likes of Labadie alongside him because Dolan is only good for set pieces and is bringing Bakinson's game down alongside him.

somerton moss wrote:Bakinson when he started the first 3 or 4 matches he was being compared to a League 2 Pogba and slowly but surely his form has got worse and worse. His work rate is not good enough and hunger, desire and passion is minimal.
Semenyo going back to Bristol City might have not helped him although what a waste for Semenyo who has not been in the first team squad since he went back presume he is in the reserves.
Would not play Bakinson without the likes of Labadie alongside him because Dolan is only good for set pieces and is bringing Bakinson's game down alongside him.
Semenyo was on the bench against Blackburn so is in and around their first team squad.

We've stopped passing the ball through midfield which was when he was most effective. Hardly surprising he's not as effective when we spend most of the game wanging the thing up the wings and don't even try and play possession when we're leading and should be managing the ball better. As a result we spend a lot more timing defending than we should, and concede more goals than we would if we kept the ball instead of going for all out attack. The pitch probably isn't helping much either.

IMB wrote: Semenyo was on the bench against Blackburn so is in and around their first team squad.
Semenyo being an unused sub in 1 of the 5 matches he was eligible to play in since he returned (cup tied for the Wolves FA Cup game) is not a sign he's "in and around the first team squad". It's a sign they have little intention of using him.

Given that they were in the midst of a 15 match unbeaten run when he came back, but he hasn't even made the bench in their 3 successive defeats, I'd say they're either going to give him a go in the next few games or he's not playing unless they drop out of promotion contention.

SJG99 wrote:
IMB wrote: Semenyo was on the bench against Blackburn so is in and around their first team squad.
Semenyo being an unused sub in 1 of the 5 matches he was eligible to play in since he returned (cup tied for the Wolves FA Cup game) is not a sign he's "in and around the first team squad". It's a sign they have little intention of using him.

Given that they were in the midst of a 15 match unbeaten run when he came back, but he hasn't even made the bench in their 3 successive defeats, I'd say they're either going to give him a go in the next few games or he's not playing unless they drop out of promotion contention.
Made his Championship debut on Saturday showing their intent.