Re: Regan Poole

I thought he did ok Saturday. After Hazard and Sterling I don't think there's a better winger in the country than Sane. What I do know is that our defence has been much tighter recently. That might be O'Brien, that might be Labadie but it might also be Poole. What I do find strange is I would have expected Man Utd to send him on loan earlier than they did - normally a year at League 2, then a year in League 1 and see how they progress. Would love it if we could get him for the season next year!

Justanordinaryfan wrote:One question from me - Why is he being scrutinised to this degree now?

I am getting stick for asking questions about him . I have not said he is a bad player , far from it but with three years of coaching behind him in one of the best Academies in the world given the status of the club he is at I said ''I thought he looked quite a way short of being an ELITE PLAYER'' and unless you are you will never make it at an ELITE club...
Foden has only been training with the ELITE PLAYERS at Man City for less than a season and he looked every inch an ELITE PLAYER...Ok he is/maybe a special talent but after three years I expected Poole to stand out more for us.

That unfortunately isnt what some on here are reading...They think I am slagging the boy off and doubting his ability

Collars wrote:I thought he did ok Saturday. After Hazard and Sterling I don't think there's a better winger in the country than Sane. What I do know is that our defence has been much tighter recently. That might be O'Brien, that might be Labadie but it might also be Poole. What I do find strange is I would have expected Man Utd to send him on loan earlier than they did - normally a year at League 2, then a year in League 1 and see how they progress. Would love it if we could get him for the season next year!
IIRC, he didn't want to go back out on loan in the first part of this season, preferring to play in the U21s or U23s. Perhaps he had a bad loan experience at Northampton.

ajs wrote:Comparing Poole with Foden is a bit unfair,totally different type of player,and different positions. I would make a comparison against players such as Luke Shaw and ask the question how far off is he against that calibre of player.

Poole's the same age as Joe Gomez at Liverpool isn't he?

Exile 1976 wrote:
ajs wrote:Comparing Poole with Foden is a bit unfair,totally different type of player,and different positions. I would make a comparison against players such as Luke Shaw and ask the question how far off is he against that calibre of player.

Poole's the same age (playing in the same position too) as Joe Gomez at Liverpool isn't he?

neilcork68 wrote:
Justanordinaryfan wrote:One question from me - Why is he being scrutinised to this degree now?

I am getting stick for asking questions about him . I have not said he is a bad player , far from it but with three years of coaching behind him in one of the best Academies in the world given the status of the club he is at I said ''I thought he looked quite a way short of being an ELITE PLAYER'' and unless you are you will never make it at an ELITE club...
Foden has only been training with the ELITE PLAYERS at Man City for less than a season and he looked every inch an ELITE PLAYER...Ok he is/maybe a special talent but after three years I expected Poole to stand out more for us.

That unfortunately isnt what some on here are reading...They think I am slagging the boy off and doubting his ability
He's been around them for a couple of years at least. He's been at the club most of his life, was included in their pre-season squad in 2017 and was training with the first team well before that. Foden was hyped as the best thing City would've produced years before he made his debut. If he was at any other club, he'd be a first team regular (Chelsea aside - he'd be on loan). You can't compare Poole to him.

I doubt anyone seriously thought Poole would actually break through at United - it's near impossible.