Re: Exiles Grandstand Notts County

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
DeePeeNCAFC wrote:Did anyone else notice the perfect symetry in last night's result? Beaten 1-4 at home on Saturday by the team on top of the leagues, then 4 days later we beat the team at the bottom of the leagues 4-1.
Yes, see my post on this thread at 7.54 am this morning.
Doh! Sorry for jumping on your bandwagon.

No offence taken mate. :grin: Glad someone else spotted the symmetry. I only picked up on it after reading a BBC news story about what MF had said. It is odd though.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
rncfc wrote:Did a little LOL at this snippet from their forum;
Don’t get me started on a number of Newport players telling us we are going down.
http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.p ... 708&page=5

What comes around goes around lads. It was only a couple of years ago you were doing exactly the same to us.
Of course they were.

Last night the game kicked off with Michael Flynn moaning about the schedule of games. During the course of the game two County players were booked for cynical fouls to stop Notts County playing. On three occasions Newport players stopped the game by going down as if they had been shot. Whilst Joe Day gave a masterclass in time wasting, which in my opinion was the equal of anything I've ever seen. Falling to the floor every time he caught the ball, changing the side from which he took goal kicks, in fact every trick in the book.

We moan when it's done to us but love it when we do it to them. In that respect we are exactly the same as every other club in League 2. In fact in that respect we are the same as every other club in the world.
It's called being Streetwise Stan. My only criticism is that we haven't done it enough in the past, much to our cost.

Cornish Exile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
rncfc wrote:
http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.p ... 708&page=5

What comes around goes around lads. It was only a couple of years ago you were doing exactly the same to us.
Of course they were.

Last night the game kicked off with Michael Flynn moaning about the schedule of games. During the course of the game two County players were booked for cynical fouls to stop Notts County playing. On three occasions Newport players stopped the game by going down as if they had been shot. Whilst Joe Day gave a masterclass in time wasting, which in my opinion was the equal of anything I've ever seen. Falling to the floor every time he caught the ball, changing the side from which he took goal kicks, in fact every trick in the book.

We moan when it's done to us but love it when we do it to them. In that respect we are exactly the same as every other club in League 2. In fact in that respect we are the same as every other club in the world.
It's called being Streetwise Stan. My only criticism is that we haven't done it enough in the past, much to our cost.
I wasn't being critical of the practise. I was commenting on the myopic stance of
some of our supporters. Forgot that some of our supporters don't do nuance. 8)

Interesting browse through the match thread on the Notts County Forum - some extracts:

LilCrazyKim:
“Matt is having the best game I've seen from anyone this season. We just don't know what to do with him. Brilliant player.”

EuroCoastUltra1977
“If he was that good he wouldn't be playing half way down league 2 for Newport.”

Nw6Pie
“Credit to Newport, though, they’ve been the best team all over the park. Pressed well, worked hard.”

Notts78
“Matt and that prick Armond up front had the freedom of Meadow Lane at times. 
Don’t get me started on a number of Newport players telling us we are going down.”

Countygrump
“Gawd they were a hugeeeee team and excellent at set pieces. They literally just muscled us out of the game and we allowed them to. Their front 2 were swift as well.”

Where does this huge team tag come from?

O'Brien playing at centre half is barely 6 foot tall, Franks is also 6 foot nothing, Butler is 5'9", Robbie Willmott 5'9",Regan Poole 5'10", Scott Bennett 5'10" Amond 5'11". It's hardly land of the giants

Joe Day only manages 6'1" hardly huge for a goalkeeper, Demetriou is 6'2", Labadie is 6'2" and Matt 6'1".

The subs we brought on at Notts, Sheehan is 6'0" (really???), Dolan 5'9" and McKirdy 5'9"

So after our subs we had Joe Day and one outfield player over 6 foot tall on the pitch.

Perhaps we play taller than we are :grin: