Re: Something for us to be aware of...

newgroundrodney wrote:
Amberexile wrote:I agree that it's not the best answer for the club but it may be what the WRU are prepared to offer. We would then have to decide whether or not we have a better option available.
Thinking specifically of a new build, or a redeveloped Newport Stadium, when do you think would be the deadline for completion in each case, including time for safety testing, certification, 'practice events', and whatever other requirements there are prior to our taking up residence?
Clearly, with a new build, there must be a date, after which it'd be too late to do it in time.
Any ideas on deadlines, ground breaks etc?
In my opinion, if the RP "lease" is not extended, a new build is already out of the question in terms of the time available.

Amberexile wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
Amberexile wrote:I agree that it's not the best answer for the club but it may be what the WRU are prepared to offer. We would then have to decide whether or not we have a better option available.
Thinking specifically of a new build, or a redeveloped Newport Stadium, when do you think would be the deadline for completion in each case, including time for safety testing, certification, 'practice events', and whatever other requirements there are prior to our taking up residence?
Clearly, with a new build, there must be a date, after which it'd be too late to do it in time.
In my opinion, if the RP "lease" is not extended, a new build is already out of the question in terms of the time available.
I think that you are wrong, but only by a few months at most.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
You may be correct Stan. My thinking is that by the time we know that the RP lease will not be extended (if that is indeed how things pan out) those few months and many more will have passed.
What I am certain of however, is that we will not be kicking off the 2022/2023 in our own brand new stadium in Newport so need to be looking at alternatives.

newgroundrodney wrote:
I don’t know the answer other than don’t ask Spurs!

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
You may be correct Stan. My thinking is that by the time we know that the RP lease will not be extended (if that is indeed how things pan out) those few months and many more will have passed.
What I am certain of however, is that we will not be kicking off the 2022/2023 in our own brand new stadium in Newport so need to be looking at alternatives.
I believe they did sound out clubs such as Bristol Rovers and FGR, but some on here were very unhappy that we had at the time.

The WRU spend £6 million a year on the Dragons, that is the prize that the other region's are eyeing. RP is something they will offload, rather than continue to lease out.