Re: Grandstand MK Dons

Mr Figo wrote:Went to the game today and I have to say we need a quality central midfielder for next season - Dolan while technically very good just cannot keep up with the play, Bakinson has regressed and at the moment to National League standard. Their No.6 Cisse (who scored) was really imposing and they shut down anything we had to offer. Azeez missed a great chance with a header. We ran out of ideas and ran into the MK Dons players on a number of occasions. The standings in the league of both teams were a true reflection today.
A recurrent comment whenever Labs doesn’t play.

faerun exile wrote:
Mr Figo wrote:Went to the game today and I have to say we need a quality central midfielder for next season - Dolan while technically very good just cannot keep up with the play, Bakinson has regressed and at the moment to National League standard. Their No.6 Cisse (who scored) was really imposing and they shut down anything we had to offer. Azeez missed a great chance with a header. We ran out of ideas and ran into the MK Dons players on a number of occasions. The standings in the league of both teams were a true reflection today.
A recurrent comment whenever Labs doesn’t play.
Agree. I was also there, thought Bakinson was crap to be honest... good season up until Christmas but since then he’s taken a step backwards; I certainly wouldn’t have him in my starting 11 next week. Dolan wasn’t much better., perhaps a Sheehan/Kennedy partnership is worth trying. But certainly Shows how much we miss Labadie.

For the last couple of seasons we have lacked a playmaker in midfield, we’re good upfront and in defence but no one other than labadie has been the play maker for back to front.

I think the playoffs are too optimistic, we’ve had a good run in the FA Cup but we are not consistent enough to make league one. Top 10 would be realistic. If we can keep hold of most of our players and scout for a decent playmaker or two in the summer I think we can push on and try for the play offs next season.

The Newport wrote:
Ugo. wrote:Big if, but a missed opportunity as we would have climbed to 10th had we won.

If pigs could fly the price of bacon would go up, and then the pig farmers would be more than happy.

Good Morning!

If I was a pig farmer and my pigs kept flying off, I wouldn’t be too happy.........

Phil in Npton

The Newport wrote:
Ugo. wrote:Big if, but a missed opportunity as we would have climbed to 10th had we won.

If pigs could fly the price of bacon would go up, and then the pig farmers would be more than happy.

Good Morning!

If I was a pig farmer and my pigs kept flying off, I wouldn’t be too happy.........

Phil in Npton

phil_in_npton wrote:
The Newport wrote:

Good Morning!

Phil in Npton
I say, I say, you can say that again.

The Newport wrote:

Hence I started the sentence with Big if, no need for the cobblers.