Re: Claude Puel: Leicester City sack manager

newgroundrodney wrote:Why would they want a fourth tier manager who:
* drops more points than he collects
* has a massive negative goal difference despite having had 91 games to get it at least level
* whose only noteable win was against the team plum bottom in the whole league
......why would they? Leave him where he is i reckon! ;-)

Of course they would want him. After all he does manage a team from the fourth tier (Division Two) not that long ago beat them 2 - 1. If Mike Flynn had the right Club with their own training ground a better budget, better pay. Wouldn't you take the job even if you might get sacked at the end of the season or before the end of the season? On a three year contract. If it was me I would jump at the chance of managing a team that is higher up that's for sure. You never know might even make a success of it.

* has a massive negative goal difference despite having had 91 games to get it at least level

I agree , unbelievable what some write on here...........he has done ok in the cups when the team have been able to lift their performances but is found wanting far too often in the bread and butter games of League 2. Yesterday as a prime example where IMO we were awful....Thats another £100 wasted watching us play yet another 'flat performance' .
He wouldnt be a 'fish out of water' in the Premier League. there would be no fish' or 'water' involved. Out thought and outplayed far too often by managers/teams at our own level to even contemplate him moving up a level or two to manage..Far too one dimensional in his tactics and struggles to alter things often enough when plan A doesn't work

neilcork68 wrote:

I agree , unbelievable what some write on here...........he has done ok in the cups when the team have been able to lift their performances but is found wanting far too often in the bread and butter games of League 2. Yesterday as a prime example where IMO we were awful....Thats another £100 wasted watching us play yet another 'flat performance' .
He wouldnt be a 'fish out of water' in the Premier League. there would be no fish' or 'water' involved. Out thought and outplayed far too often by managers/teams at our own level to even contemplate him moving up a level or two to manage..Far too one dimensional in his tactics and struggles to alter things often enough when plan A doesn't work
Agree. Yesterday, why take our top scorer off when only 1 down?

Beechwood Boy wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:

Agree. Yesterday, why take our top scorer off when only 1 down?
Possibly precautionary. He'd previously spent several minutes receiving treatment for what looked like a nasty arm or shoulder injury.

neilcork68 wrote:

Sorry mate, there’s no way you can seriously say we were ‘awful’ yesterday !? We played alright and had chances to get something out of the game. MK Dons are a good side and showed it.

Exile 1976 wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:

Sorry mate, there’s no way you can seriously say we were ‘awful’ yesterday !? We played alright and had chances to get something out of the game. MK Dons are a good side and showed it.

Not forgetting that they have twice our budget , did not chase Manchester City around for 90 minutes last Saturday evening , did not travel to and destroy an in form notts County midweek , who incidentally also have double our budget .

A tiny minority of our supporters are so unrealistic and I am convinced trey genuinely do not understand the game.

newgroundrodney wrote:Can I just clarify, my comments were meant entirely tongue-in-cheek, hence the :wink: .... it's was meant to be a "hands off our manager" message to Leicester. Sometimes I wonder whether my comments are actually needed on here. There used to be sense of humour...
It's gotta be me I reckon. Crazy!

I should have thought that would have been obvious to anyone with a sense of humour.