Re: Boss Jones: Dragons set for video nasty after Benetton

The Newport wrote:https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport ... miliation/

BOSS Ceri Jones says the "shell-shocked" Dragons can't just write their Benetton humiliation off as a bad day at the office and will make them sit through the video nasty.

The Rodney Parade region's nightmare losing streak on the road in the Guinness PRO14 stretched to 41 games with a 57-7 embarrassment in Treviso.

Here's something to think about. Will the WRU want to keep spending money and still support a losing team? I myself think that they will want to offload them after 2020. They can't keep spending money on a losing team that doesn't seem want help themselves.

They must be losing money?
Does anyone have a copy of their accounts or know someone that might have a copy?

There are so-called accounts for the period up to November 2017 filed with Companies House. There is no profit and loss account and just a simple balance sheet saying that the net worth of the company (DR 2017 Ltd) is about minus £3.4 million. But be careful because there was no proper separation of accounts between the Dragons and Newport Rugby which is DR 2017 Ltd's parent company. Newport Rugby Club (which I believe included the Dragons in their consolidated accounts) showed a loss of about £2.5 million in the year ended 30.6.2017. But about £2 million of this was a loss on disposal of freehold property, presumably Rodney Parade which they had agreed to sell at below book value to the WRU. So it looks like there was an operating loss on running the two rugby clubs of about £500k per annum. It is certain that the great bulk of this loss will be accounted for by the professional Dragons team. Newport RFC being only semi-professional.

Given the Dragons continuing very poor performances and the decline of interest in the regional team it is likely that these losses have increased. I share the worry that they will be put out of their misery by the WRU as an act of mercy and am very concerned about the consequences for Newport County. I watched part of their game in Treviso on S4C yesterday and it was truly appalling.

For all the good MF has done at the club there are quite a few games where he and the team should sit and review a 'video nasty ' of our own failings.
People in glass houses and all that .
Did good against Man City , great at the bottom club in the league but found wanting yesterday by a side I believe he thinks we should be challenging given his press conferences .
Where we are in the league is where we are as a club.( MID TABLE at best) why would anyone higher in the football pyramid be watching him or want him to be their manager ?

neilcork68 wrote:For all the good MF has done at the club there are quite a few games where he and the team should sit and review a 'video nasty ' of our own failings.
Did good against Man City , great at the bottom club in the league but found wanting yesterday by a side I believe he thinks we should be challenging given his press conferences .
Where we are in the league is where we are as a club.( MID TABLE at best) why would anyone higher in the football pyramid be watching him or want him to be their manager ?

And your opinion on The Dragons situation is?

The Newport wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:For all the good MF has done at the club there are quite a few games where he and the team should sit and review a 'video nasty ' of our own failings.

Not interested in the Dragons on field problems

neilcork68 wrote:
The Newport wrote:

Not interested in the Dragons on field problems

So why did you leave a comment on this thread?

Okay what about there off the field problems. Do you have an opinion on that subject?

You either post to be antagonistic or you genuinely have not the first clue about football.
Personally , I think it is the latter.

pembsexile wrote:This must be one of the most ridiculous threads ever. It started off with a comment about the Dragons on field problems. I thought this was a football forum. Everything else section surely?

The WRU and RP money situation has been discussed on another thread.

The County on field problems has been dragged into it within about 6 posts. Crazy.
Init Mike we don't want peanut hugging on here :roll:

UPTHEPORT wrote:
pembsexile wrote:This must be one of the most ridiculous threads ever. It started off with a comment about the Dragons on field problems. I thought this was a football forum. Everything else section surely?

The WRU and RP money situation has been discussed on another thread.

The County on field problems has been dragged into it within about 6 posts. Crazy.
Init Mike we don't want peanut hugging on here :roll:

I didn't expect anything different from you both.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_football

Such negative attitudes about most things in your life. It's all me, me, me, you are both quite selfish really. Think about other people that might like both sports for a change. And I'm not saying that I like both sports. Here's something to think about, how did you feel when Wales played England last Saturday and beat them? I feel sorry for your wife's or partners. No wonder this world is in such a mess.

Exile 1976 wrote:It’s great you like both sports, I like a load of different sports, however this is the ‘Newport County natter and football chatter’ page, and the Dragons are neither so surely it should be in the ‘everything else’ section.
Although he negates the point by his later posts the financial position of our Dragons is rightly our concern because if they are not viable it is relevant because we play at Rodney Parade. If Dragons fail then our licence is put in even greater jeopardy.

It is perhaps inevitable that threads tend to overlap. There are three topics of late which dominate. The Cup run, which was great. The slightly disappointing league form. I say slightly because after two years ago a couple of seasons of mid table obscurity is acceptable. And thirdly that nagging doubt of what our future holds with respect to stadium.

For me that last topic has always been my main concern. Our failure to address it my main criticism. I am heartened that more people are seeing the problem, I only hope we act before it's too late.