Re: Remaining Fixtures....In our hands

karlelseyisking wrote:We have 13 games left and of these, all the teams above us, with the exception of Colchester, we play at home. And those below us we play away. That has to be good right? Win the home games and they are big six pointers. Pick up a few wins away and I think we sneak into the play off lottery
I think i may have said the same thing a few days ago ?
That was before we lost yesterday , mind ...

We've still got to go for it though

Re: Remaining Fixtures....In our hands

Looks unlikely but only got ourselves to blame with so many inconsistent performers and performances.
The mediocre midfield WE have which has been highlighted on so many occasions is a big reason for some of our poor, poor form especially away which is why County are now mid- table. But this filters through to the other players who have to cover more ground and perform sometimes for two.
Without Labadie and Crofts (remember him ! ) the only reliable performer in the middle is Bennett.
We need for the rest of the season to play Kennedy more often than not and play someone like Poole in a midfield role because the Dolan and Bakinson partnership is not good enough without Labadie.
Would not start with them for a while because their combined energy levels would not light up a glow worm and their feeble physical presence embarrassing at times.
On Saturday look at playing Poole in a midfield role if Labadie is not available.
The most frustrating for me is during our FA Cup run some of the players looked comfortable at playing against teams leagues and leagues higher and back in the bread and butter of league 2 football look out of their depth. :oops: