Scrutiny of manager

Long time posters will know that the forum has changed in the last few years. Sinister new members are stifling any debate. There used to be a hard core of members debating the county good or bad.

I remember Edinburgh announcing the first team and across the academy would all play 4 3 3 to ensure continuity of play. After a terrible start to the season the esteemed poster Neil argued for the team to go back to 5 3 2. The rest is history.

Has anyone else noticed the constant change of formations this year? We win with wing backs and lose with 4 at the back and shoe horning wilmott into the team.

If we miss the playoffs only one person will be at fault - the manager, but no comment is ever made. It's very strange!

Re: Scrutiny of manager

Totally agree, not saying Flynny is perfect, and I totally have issues with some of the team selections at times (Dolan being my bug bear) but it's totally right in that, when we're doing ok, then no one mentions Flynn, lose a few or even one and it starts.

For one, I don't think it's all over just yet, I think the game against Carlisle is the bigger one, lose that and I would say it is over as it's one we should win.

I would say it's totally connected that in both seasons with amazing cup runs we have fallen away, either due to concentration or squad etc or a bit of both. personally I think we are about 7th-10th best side in the division with current team and squad, what will e really interesting is what we do next season when Flynny and co have had time to finally put the jigsaw together with the missing quality we are missing, that's if he's still here. but anyway, I still live in hope for this season, at least until Saturday.

UTC