JUST FOR FUN

OK guys lets all peer into our crystal balls and lets see what we predict where we will be in 10 years time.....

Over to you to see who is the most optimistic / realistic / pessimistic :lol:

What league will we be playing in ?

Who will be our manager ?

Where will we be playing ?

What will be our average attendances ?

Will this forum still be running ? :wink: :lol:

Re: JUST FOR FUN

Seriously, honest & truthfully, this day in 2029, I believe there will be no Newport County. I believe the absence of a permanent home will be the death rattle for NCAFC.
Breaks my heart to say it, but I've felt for some time, we're in 'the last days of NCAFC', and that probably sooner rather than later, our scarves will become memorabilia.....again!
Without massive outside investment / donation, I truly believe we're doomed, especially if the deadline for any possible new build has indeed already past as some are suggesting.
Sad Times ahead I fear.

...(sorry, but you DID ask)

Good questions. 55 years of being a County fan have taught me that mediocrity is our middle name.

We will probably still be a mediocre 4th tier club as I suspect unfortunately that is our natural position. No idea who our Manager will be but the gates will probably be around what they are now. Yes, I suspect that this mb will still be going. All hypothetical of course.

I think my view will cause annoyance for some. However, I would like to know how many working class cities/towns there are with a bigger population than us that don't have FL status. It is the main reason why I think we will still be around in 10 years time.

Where the County are concerned, you just have to try and be optimistic. I normally am. However, re-reading this post it comes across as realistic.

Mr or Mrs Sugar daddy/mummy, where are you? We need you.

mad norm wrote:I am not a f@cking "GUY"
Try again
No but you are a guy. I am sorry that Doris doesn't want you that way anymore but let's try to keep on topic.

On topic I genuinely believe that we have a future. But only if those charged with running our club start to engage with the supporters and lobby in every way possible to face up to the main problem. The only problem. We don't have a home to call our own.

We'll be in League one (south)
Flynny will be in his second spell after serving Bradford and Gillingham with reasonable success.
We'll be playing in our third season at our 12.500 all seater stadium in Duffyrn following major regeneration of the area including the demolition of the asda site.
Our average attendance will be 4,800.
This forum will still remain and may carry a government health warning due to some of it's content.

Coxy wrote:We'll be in League one (south)
Flynny will be in his second spell after serving Bradford and Gillingham with reasonable success.
We'll be playing in our third season at our 12.500 all seater stadium in Duffyrn following major regeneration of the area including the demolition of the asda site.
Our average attendance will be 4,800.
This forum will still remain and may carry a government health warning due to some of it's content.
Many a true word.............

In twenty years time Newport will be under six foot of water due to global warming
The Chinese will have taken over all sports
Any mention of Newport County will immediately see you whisked off to the Mongolian border for re-education
It'll still be the refs fault whatever happens
We'll still be renegotiating Brexit
And the Hazel bogs still won't be painted

mad norm wrote:In twenty years time Newport will be under six foot of water due to global warming
Any mention of Newport County will immediately see you whisked off to the Mongolian border for re-education
Shows how long ago you've been to RP, the hazell bogs seem to be freshly painted every week

We will still be in league 2 with David Pipe as our Manager, Michael Flynn will be managing a Championship side
The Dragons will have been dissolved and the Council would have bought Rodney Parade, the ground would look old and tired in need of a makeover, the average attendance would be around 4,000, with an influx of season ticket holders following our amazing FA Cup run to the Quarter finals where we lost to Liverpool on penalties the season before.
Spytty the dog will still be there but a bit slower and moth-eaten.
Chris

We will be playing the the equivalent of the 4th tier of English football at Rodney Parade on a 5G plastic pitch, Sam Foley as manager.
Our average attendance will be about 2,500 with a further 1,500 watching on pay-per-view internet streaming 200 of whom will prefer to watch on the big screens in the new bar amber rather than take the short walk to the ground
The messageboard will have been replaced/enhanced by an updated more interactive video based service but the content will be the same as it has always been

daftasfxxx wrote:
mad norm wrote:In twenty years time Newport will be under six foot of water due to global warming
Shows how long ago you've been to RP, the hazell bogs seem to be freshly painted every week
Can't argue with that! Are they painted black and amber or amber and black? :bounce:

pembsexile wrote:Good questions. 55 years of being a County fan have taught me that mediocrity is our middle name.

We will probably still be a mediocre 4th tier club as I suspect unfortunately that is our natural position. No idea who our Manager will be but the gates will probably be around what they are now. Yes, I suspect that this mb will still be going. All hypothetical of course.

I think my view will cause annoyance for some. However, I would like to know how many working class cities/towns there are with a bigger population than us that don't have FL status. It is the main reason why I think we will still be around in 10 years time.

Where the County are concerned, you just have to try and be optimistic. I normally am. However, re-reading this post it comes across as realistic.

Mr or Mrs Sugar daddy/mummy, where are you? We need you.
I find myself agreeing with most of this, as a supporter for a similar time frame. The reality is that the Newport area is not one where Football is as popular as most other towns/cities/conurbations with similar populations and will/has never had large attendences on a regular basis. Given this maintaining FL status in 10 years will in itself be a commendable achievement, but am optimistic of it due to the dedication and enthusiasm of its supporters. I think we'll still be playing at RP. Manager Mr Amond.

Not sure how you measure what constitutes a working class town/city or otherwise nowadays? Without checking actual populations, Cities like Gloucester and Worcester are without FL teams come to mind, but arguably Rugby is the more popular sport in those places also.

I completely disagree that rugby is more popular in Newport than football. I know hardly any rugby supporters whereas the vast majority are football fans. Rugby internationals aside I only tend to hear football chat and banter in the workplace. Newport is a football City. The problem stems from years of the County being shite, 25 years in non-league and the "Sky" generations that think supporting a football team is sitting in your local pub with your replica shirt on calling each other "Manc" or "Scouse" despite probably never been to watch a game in real life. Unfortunately the general Newport population has been out of the habit of going to watch live football matches for some time. It will take years possibly decades to repair that along with some luck and footballing success along the way...

What league will we be playing in -----Gwent County

Who will be our manager ----Robbie Willmott--Player/Manager--centre midfield

Where will we be playing ----anywhere there's green patch

What will be our average attendances ------One man and his Dog

Will this forum still be running---on the back of fag packets

Joking aside I would think we could be a league one side, our own stadium, if the business men/council of Newport/ population gave more support.