Re: Stadium Fundraising LTD

Amberexile wrote:Why wait for a meeting?
There is at least one director in the marquee available to answer questions right now
By all means approach the director, perhaps to give advance notice that the stadium situation will be formally raised at the forthcoming open meeting, but to try to formally raise it today, in the marquee with one director, would have little credibility

whoareya wrote:
Amberexile wrote:Why wait for a meeting?
There is at least one director in the marquee available to answer questions right now
By all means approach the director, perhaps to give advance notice that the stadium situation will be formally raised at the forthcoming open meeting, but to try to formally raise it today, in the marquee with one director, would have little credibility
It seemed like a good idea to get a view from a board member. It may avoid things going off half cocked like the last time.

An official request to speak with the directors would be a useful start, i am more than happy to travel back to Newport for that. Although, I think it is hopeful getting 100 people to contribute £100 to a fund that is not yet constituted properly. If it is to happen then lets get the facts and the infrastructure in place before asking folk to contribute money.

Again, 100% agree.

If you were travel back to Newport for a meeting, I would like you to do that with 99 of us stood together - minimum. I'm not looking for any cash and I certainly am not the one to be responsible outright.

If there is a Director to speak to prior to the match, let me/you/us go there with a plan we can all get behind. There's over 100 people on this board atm. What do we want? If the answer is to continue as we are, then that is how we will continue.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
rncfc wrote:Fair enough. I meant in its current form it would involve accepting relegation. OK, we could spend on it to bring it up to standard, but I just don't see how it is a goer without £5m+ being spent;

- New pitch needed
- New terrace needed (the shed is condemned I think I'm right in saying)
- More seats needed (if only the stand had been built all the way along the pitch as was the original plan)
- New turnstiles needed
- No hospitality
- Only 3 sides to the ground. I know Oxford get away with it, but would we?

This is before we consider the fact it's just a shit football ground. Is it even worth spending any money on if we can't get rid of the running track somehow?
I think to start we should be looking at 5000 capacity at most this keeps costs down.

And in another thread someone mentioned a German side where the fans all helped and built the stadium why not ourselves I've got no formal trade but I would help with painting etc
Just one small gripe Jim,painting is a trade,I went to college and did a three year apprenticeship.I have spent 43 years in the TRADE.You have made some good points other than that.

Unless or until those charged with running our club acknowledge that we need a fit for purpose stadium in which we have a stake, nothing will or can change. Sooner or later our luck runs out and the game is up.

If the directors of the club put the full weight of the club behind such a move then we have a chance. After thirty one years of abject failure on this score I am beginning to think it just isn't going to happen. Too many fans thinking it can't be done, and finding excuses. Too many directors wanting to show how clever they are avoiding queues before securing four tickets, or having an interview on Match of the Day with the FA Cup.

All the points made about how to secure funding are good ones. But it can only be done if the club take the initiative.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Unless or until those charged with running our club acknowledge that we need a fit for purpose stadium in which we have a stake, nothing will or can change. Sooner or later our luck runs out and the game is up.

If the directors of the club put the full weight of the club behind such a move then we have a chance. After thirty one years of abject failure on this score I am beginning to think it just isn't going to happen. Too many fans thinking it can't be done, and finding excuses. Too many directors wanting to show how clever they are avoiding queues before securing four tickets, or having an interview on Match of the Day with the FA Cup.

All the points made about how to secure funding are good ones. But it can only be done if the club take the initiative.
Out of interest... what have you ever done for this club? Genuinely? Did you buy shares? Did you become a trust member? Have you ever volunteered at the club shop? Did you volunteer to become a director? Just want to know.

weownourclub wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Unless or until those charged with running our club acknowledge that we need a fit for purpose stadium in which we have a stake, nothing will or can change. Sooner or later our luck runs out and the game is up.

Out of interest... what have you ever done for this club? Genuinely? Did you buy shares? Did you become a trust member? Have you ever volunteered at the club shop? Did you volunteer to become a director? Just want to know.
Out of interest do you really think I am an idiot? :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
....... Too many directors wanting to show how clever they are avoiding queues before securing four tickets, or having an interview on Match of the Day with the FA Cup.........
You do yourself no favours with this sentence in what was otherwise a reasoned comment.

excessbee wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
....... Too many directors wanting to show how clever they are avoiding queues before securing four tickets, or having an interview on Match of the Day with the FA Cup.........
You do yourself no favours with this sentence in what was otherwise a reasoned comment.
I see your point. However I am disappointed that the present incumbents seem to see being directors of our club, not as duty to be performed but as a privilege to be exploited.

But genuine question for yourself. When Kevin Ward chose to publish lies about me on this board why do you give him a free ride?