Ramos

Interesting thread on the BBC website today. Real captain Ramos has been charged by UEFA with deliberately receiving a yellow card against Ajax earlier. The circumstances are all in the report and I won't repeat them here.

However, his possible punishment is a two match ban further in the competition if they progress. My point is they may give him this ban for what they 'believe' he has done. Do they have any actual evidence? His offence is his offence, but they believe he did it deliberately. Maybe so, but they could now deprive him of his livelihood for two weeks based on flimsy evidence. Personally I think he is a ........ and deserves all he gets but that is another matter. He won't exactly starve.

If he gets a two match ban based on flimsy evidence does he have a case in European law. Any lawyers on here who could give an insight? :grin:

Re: Ramos

If we're going to go outside the realms of football for football to be ruled upon, then every player who has ever fouled anyone should maybe be charged with assault, because often, what they do on the pitch, if done in a street, could land them in trouble with the law.

pembsexile wrote:Interesting thread on the BBC website today. Real captain Ramos has been charged by UEFA with deliberately receiving a yellow card against Ajax earlier. The circumstances are all in the report and I won't repeat them here.

However, his possible punishment is a two match ban further in the competition if they progress. My point is they may give him this ban for what they 'believe' he has done. Do they have any actual evidence? His offence is his offence, but they believe he did it deliberately. Maybe so, but they could now deprive him of his livelihood for two weeks based on flimsy evidence. Personally I think he is a ........ and deserves all he gets but that is another matter. He won't exactly starve.

If he gets a two match ban based on flimsy evidence does he have a case in European law. Any lawyers on here who could give an insight? :grin:
Am I missing something? Deprive him of his livelihood? He'll still get paid?

newgroundrodney wrote:If we're going to go outside the realms of football for football to be ruled upon, then every player who has ever fouled anyone should maybe be charged with assault, because often, what they do on the pitch, if done in a street, could land them in trouble with the law.
Sorry, but I don't think I am going outside of the realms of football on this one. The football authorities could ban him for what they believe he has done, not for what he has done. They believe that he deliberately got a yellow card so he would miss the next game. How do they know? Where is the evidence? A two game ban is on the horizon. I just think it is setting a dangerous precedent.

I have no issue with what the referee does during a game. Lots of them make mistakes, part and parcel of team sport. It is the football authorities that are responsible for this. I just believe that a smart arse employment lawyer could tear them to pieces if they go ahead with the ban.

pembsexile wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:If we're going to go outside the realms of football for football to be ruled upon, then every player who has ever fouled anyone should maybe be charged with assault, because often, what they do on the pitch, if done in a street, could land them in trouble with the law.
Sorry, but I don't think I am going outside of the realms of football on this one. The football authorities could ban him for what they believe he has done, not for what he has done. They believe that he deliberately got a yellow card so he would miss the next game. How do they know? Where is the evidence? A two game ban is on the horizon. I just think it is setting a dangerous precedent.

I have no issue with what the referee does during a game. Lots of them make mistakes, part and parcel of team sport. It is the football authorities that are responsible for this. I just believe that a smart arse employment lawyer could tear them to pieces if they go ahead with the ban.

Precedent has been set as It’s already been done before mate.

Exile 1976 wrote:
pembsexile wrote:

Precedent has been set as It’s already been done before mate.
You may well be right mate. Can't think where though where a sports authority has charged someone for what they believe they have done instead of for what they have done.