Re: Notts Co. vs HMRC

As much as an unpopular view this may be, I hold little sympathy for Notts County and I'll explain why.

On the last day of the season when we were facing relegation I remember their fans taking great delight in our plight, cheering when news of Hartlepool's second goal came through and indeed on a few videos that appeared online, calling to 'send the Welsh ******** down'.

As much as I wouldn't like any club to go out go business I must confess that I took more satisfaction than usual from our thumping of them at Meadow Lane two weeks ago, thus solidifying their bottom ranking and hope it contributes to them being relegated.

Unfortunately karma always catches up to you in football - something those Notts County fans who took great glee in our position, post last minute winner, will now realise.

Yes... I know AH has said there is no issue. And for their sake, I hope that's true. But it's not just the HMRC angle. If it were just that then I'd be inclined to agree. Indeed, they may be able to sort the HMRC issue satisfactorily, at least in the short term (this does ring of a cash flow issue).

No, the other part to this tale is that the company that is in administration (i.e. Paragon, owned by AH) lent the money for AH to buy the club (according to BBC Nottingham IIRC). And it seems like his company may have been subbing the club over a period, judging from comments on their MB (hence maybe not having the cash to pay HMRC).

Paragon will no longer be able to sub the club. And the administrators may want to call in the loan to the football club at some point. They probably won't do so while there are a couple of buyers sniffing around the club, but if those evaporate (take an age to complete) then the administrators may well be required to call in the loan, possibly/probably sending the club into administration.

NearlyDead wrote:Yes... I know AH has said there is no issue. And for their sake, I hope that's true. But it's not just the HMRC angle. If it were just that then I'd be inclined to agree. Indeed, they may be able to sort the HMRC issue satisfactorily, at least in the short term (this does ring of a cash flow issue).

No, the other part to this tale is that the company that is in administration (i.e. Paragon, owned by AH) lent the money for AH to buy the club (according to BBC Nottingham IIRC). And it seems like his company may have been subbing the club over a period, judging from comments on their MB (hence maybe not having the cash to pay HMRC).

Paragon will no longer be able to sub the club. And the administrators may want to call in the loan to the football club at some point. They probably won't do so while there are a couple of buyers sniffing around the club, but if those evaporate (take an age to complete) then the administrators may well be required to call in the loan, possibly/probably sending the club into administration.
From what I've read, it is unclear whether the money to buy the club was loaned to AH himself or to the club.
The former seems to make more sense but after the way Man Utd was bought and laden with the debt for doing so, who knows.

Ironsider wrote:As much as an unpopular view this may be, I hold little sympathy for Notts County and I'll explain why.

On the last day of the season when we were facing relegation I remember their fans taking great delight in our plight, cheering when news of Hartlepool's second goal came through and indeed on a few videos that appeared online, calling to 'send the Welsh ******** down'.

As much as I wouldn't like any club to go out go business I must confess that I took more satisfaction than usual from our thumping of them at Meadow Lane two weeks ago, thus solidifying their bottom ranking and hope it contributes to them being relegated.

Unfortunately karma always catches up to you in football - something those Notts County fans who took great glee in our position, post last minute winner, will now realise.

Indeed , I wonder if our old friend Mr Redwood is now regretting his warts and all revelation that achieved absolutely f..k all.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Ironsider wrote:As much as an unpopular view this may be, I hold little sympathy for Notts County and I'll explain why.

Indeed , I wonder if our old friend Mr Redwood is now regretting his warts and all revelation that achieved absolutely f..k all.
I doubt he regrets it. And he p1ssed you so that's a result. :?