Re: Ground Talk

Hazell Stand wrote:We still have 3/4 years so no need to be panicking at the moment. However we can’t afford a new ground even with the fundraising activities. Probably need to win a Cup before that can even be considered.

Interesting to see that you and many other supporters enjoy RP, especially seeing and hearing all the negative comments I see on here and elsewhere
I think you got me all wrong. I'd be happy with how it is for the next 50 years - ish. There is zero negativity from me about playing at RP. I love the history and charm of the place, and indeed, the location. I wish they never sold the cricket pitch off.

We should use this 3/4 years grace to be prepared for the worst. Times have never been so good, no point waiting until things turn sour. Which could happen by our own doing or something that is completely out of our hand.

Edit- Also I agree that a few hundred thousand pound is not going to build us anything. But we are still £300,000 short of breaking even annually.. we need to mobilise regardless.

rodneyboy wrote:are we still looking into becoming a hybrid club or was it decided to stay as a fan owned club?.It all seems to have gone quiet.
Trouble is that a financial backer may understandably want some of the limelight, and in that may lie the problem.
There is also a commitment for a meeting with Supporters to discuss, amongst other things, the hybrid model in the first quarter of 2019. Well we are left with 3 weeks and counting.

JonD wrote:Is it only me who thinks “Stick some guttering on the Hazel roof and we’re halfway to sorting the pitch”?
The most sensible post on here for ages !!!!

Thought the pitch played and looked quite good today , but the Hazel side does seem to have more "mud" on it than the rest .
The front of the Hazel Terrace always seems to be under 2 inches of water , even during a drought !!
It ain't rocket science is it ??