IS MF ON THE MOVE

With GF stating in a interview this week with the SWA that he expects MF to move on some time soon and WH being given the job of talking to the press this week, there is also the small connection with Bradford City sniffing around on the lookout for a new manager.
I hope this is just talk, but past dialog from the board (or lack off) suggest there could be life in this story as MF is midway through his contract and that would involve behind closed doors discussions, time will only tell.
On a positive note what ever happens today we cant drop another league position, 9 wins from our final 13 games is a very tall order at any level.

UTC

Re: IS MF ON THE MOVE

I am personally happy with the management structure as is. Should MF go this season or next, I hope, that the talk of an increased playing budget is only implemented if there is a succession plan to ensure we don't blow all our cup money on two different managers philosophies.

Percy plunkett wrote:He has already moved,to Caerleon.The word on the grapevine is Mrs Flynn has said her and the kids are not moving again.If true,MF will be living away from them unless something close comes up.
I've heard this also. Hopefully Mrs Day is of the same thinking? Would like to think he would need something far more lucrative than a struggling Bradford to tempt him?

I would be very surprised if Michael Flynn did NOT have ambitions to go upwards and further, in his career in football and contrary to what I read earlier Mike so far, HAS done a very good job, in his time as Manager of Newport County,----- There WILL come a time when Mike will have offers from bigger and better clubs, I just hope that when that time comes that County will be a stronger club too particularly with regards to a better "home" set up.
Come on the Port!.........................Bob Bassett

BertieB wrote:I would be very surprised if Michael Flynn did NOT have ambitions to go upwards and further, in his career in football and contrary to what I read earlier Mike so far, HAS done a very good job, in his time as Manager of Newport County,----- There WILL come a time when Mike will have offers from bigger and better clubs, I just hope that when that time comes that County will be a stronger club too particularly with regards to a better "home" set up.
Moving up the divisions to other clubs, managers have better players at their disposal, but the problem is, so do their opponents.
Now, Mike Flynn has put some cash in the bank from cup runs, but he has much to do to get the bread n butter stuff right.
In my opinion, he needs to focus on:
* getting out of negative goal difference (-13 as it stands)
* drawing more games than losing
* winning more games on the bounce more often
* losing fewer games away from home (we currently lose 3 x more games away than home)
....and a couple of other aspects of performance pointers, which if improved, would make him a formidable manager at THIS level.
Get these bits on track first, then develop further.

newgroundrodney wrote:
BertieB wrote:I would be very surprised if Michael Flynn did NOT have ambitions to go upwards and further, in his career in football and contrary to what I read earlier Mike so far, HAS done a very good job, in his time as Manager of Newport County,----- There WILL come a time when Mike will have offers from bigger and better clubs, I just hope that when that time comes that County will be a stronger club too particularly with regards to a better "home" set up.
Moving up the divisions to other clubs, managers have better players at their disposal, but the problem is, so do their opponents.
Now, Mike Flynn has put some cash in the bank from cup runs, but he has much to do to get the bread n butter stuff right.
* losing fewer games away from home (we currently lose 3 x more games away than home)
....and a couple of other aspects of performance pointers, which if improved, would make him a formidable manager at THIS level.

According to the latest league table our goal difference is now -7, not -13.

Cornish Exile wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:

According to the latest league table our goal difference is now -7, not -13.
I was referring to his OVERALL goal difference since taking over.