Re: GRANDSTAND: EXILES v CARLISLE

So pleased the boys secured a victory today, couldn't be there as I had Newport league's finest to referee instead. Like the ref in County's game I gave a contentious penalty which the keeper saved (phew, thank God!).

Pleased to hear Podge replaced Bakinson in midfield as I feel the young lad is being caught out by so many games. How did Robbie play?

UTC

Sorry to be a killjoy but we struggled again in midfield against a Carlisle team who had a strangle hold in this area but no punch up front fortunately. 17 O'Hare and 15 Slater especially played a skillful passing game that our midfield could not cope with. Podge was playing deep to help out but Bennett had an off day relieved Dolan went off because he was abysmal.
Flynn must get this sorted because The Play Offs won't be happening we are covering over cracks by fantastic displays by our defence and strikers who are always chasing back to help out.
Podge and Butler were immense yesterday they ran themselves into the ground sometimes we take it for granted the work they do on and off the ball.
When Labadie and Sheehan came on the midfield did have a better balance and not sure what was wrong with Kennedy.
Our marquee signing Crofts was again in the marquee greeting and meeting what a waste of wage.
But 3pts gained against a good footballing side.

somerton moss wrote:Sorry to be a killjoy but we struggled again in midfield against a Carlisle team who had a strangle hold in this area but no punch up front fortunately. 17 O'Hare and 15 Slater especially played a skillful passing game that our midfield could not cope with. Podge was playing deep to help out but Bennett had an off day relieved Dolan went off because he was abysmal.
Flynn must get this sorted because The Play Offs won't be happening we are covering over cracks by fantastic displays by our defence and strikers who are always chasing back to help out.
Podge and Butler were immense yesterday they ran themselves into the ground sometimes we take it for granted the work they do on and off the ball.
When Labadie and Sheehan came on the midfield did have a better balance and not sure what was wrong with Kennedy.
Our marquee signing Crofts was again in the marquee greeting and meeting what a waste of wage.
But 3pts gained against a good footballing side.
Agree about the midfield, we were over run in there today their number 17 had the freedom of rp to do what he liked I think podge is wasted in the 10 roll we looked a lot better when sheehan came on to play there and podge moved up front, I like the look of Azeez his workrate is very good off the ball and tracking back to help out in defence but he needs to man up, for a big fella he gets knocked off the ball to easily

llanwern exile wrote: Agree about the midfield, we were over run in there today their number 17 had the freedom of rp to do what he liked I think podge is wasted in the 10 roll we looked a lot better when sheehan came on to play there and podge moved up front
Sheehan came on for Dolan so how did Amond move up front? Who played where Dolan was playing? Amond played further back all game as far as I could see.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:So pleased the boys secured a victory today, couldn't be there as I had Newport league's finest to referee instead. Like the ref in County's game I gave a contentious penalty which the keeper saved (phew, thank God!).

Pleased to hear Podge replaced Bakinson in midfield as I feel the young lad is being caught out by so many games. How did Robbie play?

UTC

Robbie drifted in and out of the game but made some good runs and put in some great crosses.

Ugo. wrote:
llanwern exile wrote: Agree about the midfield, we were over run in there today their number 17 had the freedom of rp to do what he liked I think podge is wasted in the 10 roll we looked a lot better when sheehan came on to play there and podge moved up front
Sheehan came on for Dolan so how did Amond move up front? Who played where Dolan was playing? Amond played further back all game as far as I could see.
Yes sorry! I omitted to say when matt went off, it looked to me as if podge went up with Azeez and sheehan to 10 but I suppose we all see the game differently, it could be they were all in midfield to stop us being over run there.