Re: Todays ref.

Percy plunkett wrote:Did anyone see what the pen was for? I was up the other end.
presumably for leaning on the shoulder of the Carlisle player. Have to admit couldn't identify the alleged 'culprit.' have to say it looked to be like a melodramatic falling to the ground to me.

Amberexile wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Did anyone see what the pen was for? I was up the other end.
O'Brien and one of their players wrestling with each other. Their player went to ground first.
Looked 50/50 to me at the time.

The sort of thing that happens regularly in most games, which most referees ignore.Fortunately Joe ensured that justice was done.

Amberexile wrote:The quality of the referee matched the quality of the football, both were below par.
Eh ????
I thought the game (especially the first half) was one of the best this season at RP .
End to end .
Chances at both ends
Both sides playing some nice passing stuff
Played at a good pace

It's not La Liga FFS ??!

Corpaboy wrote:
Amberexile wrote:The quality of the referee matched the quality of the football, both were below par.
Eh ????
I thought the game (especially the first half) was one of the best this season at RP .
End to end .
Chances at both ends
Both sides playing some nice passing stuff
Played at a good pace

It's not La Liga FFS ??!
I agree it was a decent match but I thought the quality of the football within the match was typical of the comments opposition managers make about most of our games and below average for League 2.

The ref was truly awful...not sure how you could say the football was below par though mate. I thought there was some great football on show from both sides.