The County did this for the city of Newport.................

The County's FA Cup performances certainly put the City of Newport on the front ages and gave local business's a big boost according to Press reports,.....and I counted nine or ten local councilors who enjoyed the visit of Manchester United, and the other big clubs who played Newport County during this seasons exploits by Newport County,... in the Argus...........now, here is the question I would like to ask,---- What is the City of Newport going to do, to boost Newport County's struggle to find a home,--- fit for this city's football club ??...... to compare favorably with football stadiums in the cities of Cardiff and Swansea......................Any answers please,............ and how about one or two of those, nine or ten local councilors, mentioned earlier, setting the ball rolling
Come on the Council !! Bob Bassett

Re: The County did this for the city of Newport.............

penycwm county wrote:The problem is, like every other Council that it is under funded, could they justify spending £xx on a sports ground when there are other social needs that need addressing?
Yes I can see where the" Councils are struggling and underfunded"................we have not one but three stupendous roundabouts which ,no doubt took a nice sum of money, but we were desperately in need of them ???-- and they not only "needed addressing"--- but will they perhaps be employing extra driving instructors to teach people how to negotiate ones way through, round, or even across them.??...........Come on the County!!.... Council Bob Bassett

Cornish Exile wrote:
penycwm county wrote:The problem is, like every other Council that it is under funded, could they justify spending £xx on a sports ground when there are other social needs that need addressing?

Completely different Budgets.
I understand that "social funding" is ringfenced but that doesn't mean that there are millions to throw at a sports ground which would be used by about 4000 residents which is a small percentage of the population

penycwm county wrote:
Cornish Exile wrote:

Completely different Budgets.
I understand that "social funding" is ringfenced but that doesn't mean that there are millions to throw at a sports ground which would be used by about 4000 residents which is a small percentage of the population
And what percentage draws on the social funding?

Cornish Exile wrote:If the Council purchased Rodney Parade, it would probably be financed through a long-term low interest loan, the cost of which would be covered by the rent paid by the users.
The job of the Council is to serve the public of Newport. I suspect that the Newport public who are interested in the the rugby, County or both is a high proportion of the City. Certainly higher than those who get excited by a wrought iron girder.

But we as a club need to lobby.