Home games attendance facts & figures (League),,,

Here are some bits n pieces that may be of interest:

No. of League games played....................17
Total number of home fans.................51242
Highest.................................................3857 (Forest Green)
Lowest..................................................2471 (Port Vale)
AVERAGE............................................3014
Game most closely representing
the average.........................................2993 (Cambridge Utd)

After 17 games, the total number of home fans is 1652 down on the same point last season. A drop of 3.12%

Of the 12 teams we've faced at home both seasons so far, 6 of them have been lower attendances this season, than last.

With 17 games gone, 592 fewer visiting fans have come to RP this season than the same stage last season.

The average number of away fans visiting RP so far this season is 222

Thanks for reading,
NGR

Re: Home games attendance facts & figures (League),,,

Some interesting facts there. However it remains to be said that we have not played teams with larger away followings which may well increase the overall attendance. With Swindon, Lincoln, Tranmere, Bury, Oldham and Cheltenham still to play at least some of them are bound to bring more fans.

Would have thought Swindon would sell out their allocation, perhaps Lincoln too if it happens to be the game that may well send them up.

If we can stay within touching distance of the playoffs the attendances should rise.

newgroundrodney wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:You only list League games. If you include cup games then we are likely to be above the average for last season (league and cup)...
I only ever list league games, because it's pretty much a direct comparison, and it shows more clearly how many fans we're attracting for the bread n butter stuff. Cup games are only ever a bonus to me.
Just out of interest what is our average this year mate if we did include Cup games league cup trophy and fa cup

UPTHEPORT wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:You only list League games. If you include cup games then we are likely to be above the average for last season (league and cup)...
I only ever list league games, because it's pretty much a direct comparison, and it shows more clearly how many fans we're attracting for the bread n butter stuff. Cup games are only ever a bonus to me.
Just out of interest what is our average this year mate if we did include Cup games league cup trophy and fa cup
No idea Jim, I don't record those figures. Papajohn might know though.