Re: Season tickets 2019/20

excessbee wrote:I seem to recall there was no 'early bird' date last time. At least not the very early, buy before the end of May, offer. I think there was a price that was available right through the summer. I may be wrong on this. I usually renew early anyhow.
Was till end of may

UPTHEPORT wrote:
excessbee wrote:I seem to recall there was no 'early bird' date last time. At least not the very early, buy before the end of May, offer. I think there was a price that was available right through the summer. I may be wrong on this. I usually renew early anyhow.
Was till end of may
I didn't think it was 'Early-Bird' , I thought it was a 'renewal discount', only available to people who held tickets the previous year.
Last year, my season ticket was cheaper than it was four years earlier.
I bought mine via Zebra Finance for £350 - £50 discount = £300 + £27 handling charge..... So I paid at £57 + 9 months @ £30.00......

newgroundrodney wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
Was till end of may
I didn't think it was 'Early-Bird' , I thought it was a 'renewal discount', only available to people who held tickets the previous year.
Last year, my season ticket was cheaper than it was four years earlier.
I bought mine via Zebra Finance for £350 - £50 discount = £300 + £27 handling charge..... So I paid at £57 + 9 months @ £30.00......

Sorry I was wrong yes it was just for previous season ticket holders

I'll use this as my first opportunity of the year to remind people not to be conned into Zebra Finance or any other finance scheme unnecessarily. Instead, follow my cut-out1-and-keep2 guide to spreading the cost of your ST without paying any interest.
  • Sign up in the next couple of months for a credit card offering 0% on new purchases for 12 months.
  • Buy your ST using that credit card.
  • Cut up your credit card and throw it in the bin so you don't buy anything else with it.
  • Pay off the full cost of your ST with nine or ten equal monthly payments over the course of the season.
  • Contact credit card company and ask them to close your account.
With the money you save on interest payments, you'll probably have enough to attend a few cup games as well!

1 = you can't cut it out
2 = you don't need to keep it

Kairdiff Exile wrote:I'll use this as my first opportunity of the year to remind people not to be conned into Zebra Finance or any other finance scheme unnecessarily. Instead, follow my cut-out1-and-keep2 guide to spreading the cost of your ST without paying any interest.
  • Sign up in the next couple of months for a credit card offering 0% on new purchases for 12 months.
  • Cut up your credit card and throw it in the bin so you don't buy anything else with it.
  • Pay off the full cost of your ST with nine or ten equal monthly payments over the course of the season.
With the money you save on interest payments, you'll probably have enough to attend a few cup games as well!

1 = you can't cut it out
I would suggest that "conned" is not the right word to describe the Zebra Finance arrangement. The £27 fee was made clear up front.
I wonder what the take up rate was for Zebra.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:I'll use this as my first opportunity of the year to remind people not to be conned into Zebra Finance or any other finance scheme unnecessarily. Instead, follow my cut-out1-and-keep2 guide to spreading the cost of your ST without paying any interest.

1 = you can't cut it out
I think the club should look at a savings club where you save for your next season's ST they keep the interest

Kairdiff Exile wrote:NGR - maybe not "conned" as in "duped" or "misled", but certainly "conned" as in "taken advantage of". I genuinely cannot understand why anyone would pay interest / admin charges when they don't need to.
Agree, so many deals around for interest free credit cards that it makes any finance arrangement totally redundant.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:NGR - maybe not "conned" as in "duped" or "misled", but certainly "conned" as in "taken advantage of". I genuinely cannot understand why anyone would pay interest / admin charges when they don't need to.
Seen this argument a hundred times before. Many people already have 0% cards and can't put any more credit on them. The actual thing to do is to save it across the year before so you can pay it up front, but no-one ever does that.