Re: Giving people second chances

penycwm county wrote:Yeah, get Adam Johnson in too, he will be released in a week or two :?
Completely different offences though. Plenty of footballers have used drugs and either gotten away with it or rehabilitated. We've had people on our books who have been responsible for killing people before now (accidentally admittedly).

The Johnson case is different, and I wouldn't have him back.

rncfc wrote:
penycwm county wrote:Yeah, get Adam Johnson in too, he will be released in a week or two :?
Completely different offences though. Plenty of footballers have used drugs and either gotten away with it or rehabilitated. We've had people on our books who have been responsible for killing people before now (accidentally admittedly).

I would agree with mcfc on this

rncfc wrote:

Someone will though. Graham Rix had a few jobs after a similar conviction.

At the end of the day while the Plymouth keeper is employed after what he did I don't see how anyone cannot be stopped from making a return to the game after they have served their time whatever they did.

"Someone will though. Graham Rix had a few jobs after a similar conviction."

"At the end of the day while the Plymouth keeper is employed after what he did I don't see how anyone cannot be stopped from making a return to the game after they have served their time whatever they did."

Chelsea kept Rix's role open for him until he was released from prison.
Legally he cant be stopped from working its the choice of the employer whether he takes him on or not.

penycwm county wrote:.

"At the end of the day while the Plymouth keeper is employed after what he did I don't see how anyone cannot be stopped from making a return to the game after they have served their time whatever they did."

Legally he cant be stopped from working its the choice of the employer whether he takes him on or not.
I think that is the issue though. The premier league at the very least should have a code of conduct that stops players returning for serious offences. For example in the NFL anyone arrested for domestic abuse pretty much wont play again. At the moment Murderers, Paedo's, Rapists and even match fixers can all return to play at the highest level in the game. That doesn't seem right to me.

Bush wrote:
penycwm county wrote:.

I think that is the issue though. The premier league at the very least should have a code of conduct that stops players returning for serious offences. For example in the NFL anyone arrested for domestic abuse pretty much wont play again. At the moment Murderers, Paedo's, Rapists and even match fixers can all return to play at the highest level in the game. That doesn't seem right to me.
I agree with this. Just come up with a set of rules that state for how long the player will be banned from the profession if they break the code of conduct in different scenarios.

Takes away a lot of the debate then.

Percy plunkett wrote:Back to the original thread,the lad is likely to be banned for a while,so no point in inviting him to training.Also,he is a CB,we have Franks,Demetriou,OB and Bennett so no need.Then there is the ethics to consider so three reasons to leave him alone.
Hopefully we can give a second chance to our own CB 'Fulston' next season .