Re: Grandstand - Colchester Away

neilcork68 wrote:
Loyalfoot wrote:Who were the two blokes mouthing off at the players at the end??? Embarassing

It wasn't me by the way but why are they embarrassing ?
They have spent their hard earned , travelled all the way from probably Newport to Colchester and they have to witness the team that ''weren't up for it( MF's words )'' IMO they have every right to be peed off with the team for a gutless performance..

Why is some seem to think just because they are our players they are above criticism ? If they overstep the mark , then yes punish them but if not after having spent a fortune to watch a 'poor performance' from the team , then I cant see a problem with it.
The players love the admiration they get after playing well in the glamour games and should accept the criticism when they dont

People pay their money to watch a team that they’re supposed to support and just because they had an off day that gives them the right to shout foul mouthed abuse at the players/management that they’re supposed to support?

Anyway, anyone else see the state of Blackpool’s pitch? Worse than Rodders by a mile.

The PLAYER's owe it to the fans literally to turn up and play every game with 100 % commitment no excuses made please Flynny that the players were flat YES Flattened by a Colchester juggernaut who wanted to win more and get back in the play offs to end the season on a high.
The away performances are predictable and this mind set has to change because the players are going into the games with almost a fear and the passion, desire and mental toughness are left behind in Rodney Parade. Too many players are not committed to the cause for the home stretch of the play offs. This has to change for the die hard away fans who expect a lot more than a flat performance.
All this written and put into interviews about this is a fantastic opportunity for the club, the Great Escape experience will help massively, Amond will give the players a buzz going into the Colchester game, Poole wants to end his loan spell on a high etc. etc. makes me more annoyed when what is shown on the pitch is bull shit ( and they were not playing against Forest Green) it makes Talk is Cheap even more evident.
If County do not get a Win on Tuesday against a confident Northampton this play off dream will be over.
Please no more media coverage how we are up for the challenge because so far away from home the evidence is all to see with defeat after defeat.
Lose on Tuesday to a confident Northampton and say goodbye to the top 7.

Corpaboy wrote:Just keep going and believing .
If it happens , it happens .

If not ...... we ain't going down and we've had another magnificent payday from the FA Cup and have put ourselves on the map AGAIN .

Glass still well and truly half full as far as I'm concerned .
CTID
If we need a magnificent payday just to maintain League 2 mid-table mediocrity that hardly fills me with confidence.

Marky wrote:

If not ...... we ain't going down and we've had another magnificent payday from the FA Cup and have put ourselves on the map AGAIN .

CTID
If we need a magnificent payday just to maintain League 2 mid-table mediocrity that hardly fills me with confidence.
Colchester's gates are on par with ours. They haven't had a cash injection of £2,000,000 over the last two seasons. And they rent their ground.

Does make you wonder.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Marky wrote:

CTID
Colchester's gates are on par with ours. They haven't had a cash injection of £2,000,000 over the last two seasons. And they rent their ground.

Does make you wonder.
I wonder if the Colchester supporters were saying something similar about renting a ground and gates on a par as ours when they lost at RP? I don't have the exact figures, but i'm sure their player budget for this season is far higher than ours. If some our cash injection is added to our player budget for next season, then a comparison will be more relevant.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Marky wrote:

Does make you wonder.
I wonder if the Colchester supporters were saying something similar about renting a ground and gates on a par as ours when they lost at RP? I don't have the exact figures, but i'm sure their player budget for this season is far higher than ours. If some our cash injection is added to our player budget for next season, then a comparison will be more relevant.
We had £700,000 of the windfall last season. And I doubt very much that Colchester fans were doing too much soul searching after the game at Rodney Parade.

I wonder if the Colchester supporters were saying something similar about renting a ground and gates on a par as ours when they lost at RP? I don't have the exact figures, but i'm sure their player budget for this season is far higher than ours. If some our cash injection is added to our player budget for next season, then a comparison will be more relevant.[/quote]

We had £700,000 of the windfall last season. And I doubt very much that Colchester fans were doing too much soul searching after the game at Rodney Parade.[/quote][/quote]

Agree with both of those points, but although the biggest playing budget is not a 100% guarantee of success e.g. Notts County this season, Accrington Stanley last; it is still an enormous advantage. It is my understanding we still have one of the smallest in League 2, and the £700.000 windfall wasn't used to bolster that budget. If anyone knows different i'll be glad to her it.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Does make you wonder.
You make a good point and one that did make me wonder what I would find in their latest accounts.
A quick look showed that they made another huge loss and that their accumulated losses are being sustained by intra-group company loans now totalling over £19,000,000, a figure that went up by a tad over £2,000,000 in the one season.
I could of course be wrong and stand to be corrected if I am, but the more I look at other clubs' finances the more I wonder how the hell we manage to compete at this level at all.

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Does make you wonder.
You make a good point and one that did make me wonder what I would find in their latest accounts.
A quick look showed that they made another huge loss and that their accumulated losses are being sustained by intra-group company loans now totalling over £19,000,000, a figure that went up by a tad over £2,000,000 in the one season.
I could of course be wrong and stand to be corrected if I am, but the more I look at other clubs' finances the more I wonder how the hell we manage to compete at this level at all.
Fair comment and one that is often overlooked. I wonder where we would stand in a L2 financial debt table? I wouldn't have a clue where to start but it would be interesting to see. We wouldn't be top I don't think but mid to lower level perhaps?

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Does make you wonder.
It is truly amazing how football clubs run up massive debts year after year but for some reason they keep getting bailed out by hard nosed businesses.

More amazing still is how the people controlling these businesses fight like the very devil to hold on to control.

Football eh? These people who squeeze every last penny out of us from Monday to Friday suddenly become philanthropists at three O'Clock on a Saturday afternoon.

As I said truly amazing.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Does make you wonder.
It is truly amazing how football clubs run up massive debts year after year but for some reason they keep getting bailed out by hard nosed businesses.

More amazing still is how the people controlling these businesses fight like the very devil to hold on to control.

Football eh? These people who squeeze every last penny out of us from Monday to Friday suddenly become philanthropists at three O'Clock on a Saturday afternoon.

As I said truly amazing.
Is there maybe a tax implication where there is a group of Companies involved?

Amberexile wrote:
Is there maybe a tax implication where there is a group of Companies involved?
I genuinely don't know. And I am not going to pretend I do.

When it comes to money I am always suspicious of secrecy. Funny thing is that when it comes to conspiracy theories my suspicion is that they are often groundless but not always.

I believe that Kennedy was shot by Oswald acting alone, that Diana's death was an accident, that 9 11 was an act of terrorism carried out by a small group of madmen, that Armstrong did walk on the moon. I believe I'm right about three times in four.

Therein lies the question - Do hard nosed business people suddenly become philanthropists at three O'Clock on a Saturday afternoon or is there a good business reason for them to be involved in football clubs? Which leads onto - is there another angle we should be taking when approaching people with regards to the hybrid model?

Amberexile wrote:Therein lies the question - Do hard nosed business people suddenly become philanthropists at three O'Clock on a Saturday afternoon or is there a good business reason for them to be involved in football clubs? Which leads onto - is there another angle we should be taking when approaching people with regards to the hybrid model?
I don't for moment take issue with any of that.