Re: Grandstand - Colchester Away

Amberexile wrote:Therein lies the question - Do hard nosed business people suddenly become philanthropists at three O'Clock on a Saturday afternoon or is there a good business reason for them to be involved in football clubs? Which leads onto - is there another angle we should be taking when approaching people with regards to the hybrid model?
To paraphrase Bpb Lord, one time Chairman of Burnley F.C.

When successful businessmen enter football club boardrooms, their business sense goes out of the window.

Cornish Exile wrote:
Amberexile wrote:Therein lies the question - Do hard nosed business people suddenly become philanthropists at three O'Clock on a Saturday afternoon or is there a good business reason for them to be involved in football clubs? Which leads onto - is there another angle we should be taking when approaching people with regards to the hybrid model?
To paraphrase Bpb Lord, one time Chairman of Burnley F.C.

When successful businessmen enter football club boardrooms, their business sense goes out of the window.
To quote Mandy Rice-Davies accurately.

"He would, wouldn't he?"

Bob Lord. As crooked as a nine bob note.

I have no reason to doubt he would and if he is as "crooked" as you believe, I'm also sure that if there is a way to offset the losses of a wholly owned subsidiary within a group of Companies against the profits of another when tax is calculated he would be wise enough to understand it.
My question is, if we are looking at a hybrid model, which I take to mean we will not give up total ownership to somebody, is that kind of thing possible or would the model prevent it?