Re: Worrying ?

Xisle
Firstly I do not buy food or drink on the premesis as I believe we get zero in return. Happy to ask whoever is in the tent though.
Will ask as a trust member, season ticket holder and share holder what is the current situation regarding us playing at RP for the foreseeable future.
Why we have no shop facility in the ground especially on match days.
When will the ticket purchasing be improved.
Will we have funds in the summer to improve our playing staff or will the million just go up in smoke again.
Maybe I may get an answer to the first question but got my doubts. The rest no chance.
Any chance of a supporters meeting could be another.
glad you are happy Xisle
Cheers

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Xisle
Firstly I do not buy food or drink on the premesis as I believe we get zero in return. Happy to ask whoever is in the tent though.
Will ask as a trust member, season ticket holder and share holder what is the current situation regarding us playing at RP for the foreseeable future.
Why we have no shop facility in the ground especially on match days.
When will the ticket purchasing be improved.
Will we have funds in the summer to improve our playing staff or will the million just go up in smoke again.
Maybe I may get an answer to the first question but got my doubts. The rest no chance.
Any chance of a supporters meeting could be another.
glad you are happy Xisle
Cheers
£1m up in smoke ? Can you elaborate ?
I am not sure of the point of meetings if people like you either do not go or do not listen.

You have such a boring agenda

A flat performance which is what I witnessed saturday and what MF actually said, is totally different to a team not being up for it. A long long time ago even at the level I played I experienced quite a few times coming off after a game after a flat performance and thinking what just happened, but I can honestly say I never played in a team that wasn't up for it, hardly surprising as I played nearly all my football for Pill and not being up for it wasn't an really an option.

Flat performances happen, not being up for it questions the attitude of the players and from what i've seen over the last 2 and a quarter season's that's just not in them, they're too honest a group.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
£1m up in smoke ? Can you elaborate ?
I am not sure of the point of meetings if people like you either do not go or do not listen.

You have such a boring agenda
Can you elaborate on £1,000,000 up in smoke is a fair question. And I would be interested in why that assertion is made.

However you simply go on to insult you immediately end any discussion.

supporter wrote:A flat performance which is what I witnessed saturday and what MF actually said, is totally different to a team not being up for it. A long long time ago even at the level I played I experienced quite a few times coming off after a game after a flat performance and thinking what just happened, but I can honestly say I never played in a team that wasn't up for it, hardly surprising as I played nearly all my football for Pill and not being up for it wasn't an really an option.

Flat performances happen, not being up for it questions the attitude of the players and from what i've seen over the last 2 and a quarter season's that's just not in them, they're too honest a group.
Exactly , West Ham were also very flat on Saturday, it happens not just in football but in any sport.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
supporter wrote:A flat performance which is what I witnessed saturday and what MF actually said, is totally different to a team not being up for it. A long long time ago even at the level I played I experienced quite a few times coming off after a game after a flat performance and thinking what just happened, but I can honestly say I never played in a team that wasn't up for it, hardly surprising as I played nearly all my football for Pill and not being up for it wasn't an really an option.

Exactly , West Ham were also very flat on Saturday, it happens not just in football but in any sport.
It all rather depends on your definition of not up for it. If you take the view that not up for it means not trying then you are correct. However you would then need to be critical of anyone saying after a good win words to the effect of "We were really up for it today." Because clearly that would mean that on other days we were not up for it.

My opinion is that a fair few of the usual suspects are trying to put an interpretation on these words for their own purposes.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:

It all rather depends on your definition of not up for it. If you take the view that not up for it means not trying then you are correct. However you would then need to be critical of anyone saying after a good win words to the effect of "We were really up for it today." Because clearly that would mean that on other days we were not up for it.

My opinion is that a fair few of the usual suspects are trying to put an interpretation on these words for their own purposes.

My opinion is that a fair few of the usual suspects have put their own interpretation on the words Flynn actually used for their own purposes too, Brendan.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote: It all rather depends on your definition of not up for it. If you take the view that not up for it means not trying then you are correct. However you would then need to be critical of anyone saying after a good win words to the effect of "We were really up for it today." Because clearly that would mean that on other days we were not up for it.

My opinion is that a fair few of the usual suspects have put their own interpretation on the words Flynn actually used for their own purposes too, Brendan.
Why not simply ask Corkie whether his view is that Flynn meant County didn't try or that they were crap?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote: It all rather depends on your definition of not up for it. If you take the view that not up for it means not trying then you are correct. However you would then need to be critical of anyone saying after a good win words to the effect of "We were really up for it today." Because clearly that would mean that on other days we were not up for it.

Why not simply ask Corkie whether his view is that Flynn meant County didn't try or that they were crap?

Why would I do that? I believe he meant that the players didn’t try. Corky quoted Flynny (a few times) as saying the players ‘weren’t up for it’ , instead of the performance being ‘flat’ .. that, in my and I suspect most people’s minds, are two completely different things.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Why would I do that? I believe he meant that the players didn’t try. Corky quoted Flynny (a few times) as saying ‘we weren’t up for it’ , instead of the performance being ‘flat’ .. that, in my and I suspect most people’s minds, are two completely different things.
[/quote]

I disagree. What others think is a matter for them.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Why would I do that? I believe he meant that the players didn’t try. Corky quoted Flynny (a few times) as saying ‘we weren’t up for it’ , instead of the performance being ‘flat’ .. that, in my and I suspect most people’s minds, are two completely different things.
I disagree. What others think is a matter for them.[/quote]

You would disagree, you’re one of those usual suspects.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Keep hearing squad is not good enough to go for promotion
Hammered Wrexham (Going for automatic promotion)
Beat Leicester
Drew and beat Middlesborough
2 minutes to go and we are only 2-1 down to one of the worlds current great teams

It seems the only way we can win is get the ball out wide to Robbie

Midfield is dreadful and has been in the league all season.

Too large a squad, too much wages going out .
Latest signing a free agent meaning apart from us nobody wanted him.

Flynny is great if we want to stay just under mid table

If you want us to improve back to the glory days of Addison & Ashurst the jury is out.

Dreadful away form.
Some terrible games at fortress RP Yeovil, FGR, Dons & Vale recently.

Cannot accept after a weeks rest no midweek game that Flynny comes up with "we were all flat"

In interviews players have said the Cup games bring it out of them thats a disgrace as every game is as important for success.

They get decent money as well.

We are safe but is that all we want as supporters.

Its not enough for me.

No more crap comments in the Argus from Flynny and the squad please.

Lets see the boys playing in the league the same as we did in the cup..

Get a decent midfield next year and hopefully I will not be making this statement.again.

Just play like you did for us in the cup lads.

Is that too much to ask.

Maybe currently it is.

The only way we can win is to get the ball out wide to Robbie?
He has less assists this season than Bakinson and Amond

Anyhoo, my last say on the matter is that I was at the game and whilst it wasn't a good performance, we were simply beaten by the better team. I didn't once think the players weren't trying, I thought Colchester were a very good side and nothing we tried came off.
Yes we had a bad day at the office, happens to most clubs every season, wasn't the first time and won't be the last time.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
I disagree. What others think is a matter for them.
You would disagree, you’re one of those usual suspects.[/quote]

How does that comment advance the debate?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Xisle,

Who did you speak to? What did you ask? What was the reply?

Cheers,

Stan
i spoke with mr courtney
we spoke about my trust membership of which i'd expect you have zero interest
we spoke about our performance on the pitch - he was hopeful we would make the playoffs
we spoke about upcoming matches which are now past - he was very positive about our chances