Worrying ?

Every team will get beaten by a better team on the day , everyone accepts that......

Every player will have 'off days' , thats the nature of the level we are at and at our level they will have more 'off days ' than the top players , hence the reason why they are playing League Two.

The worrying factor is that at least half a dozen times this season at least MF has come out with the same lines when he speaks to the press, that being , ''The team wasn't up for it today''....That is worrying, is it not ?

Why arent the team ' up for it ?' They train all week in preparation for playing the game at the weekend or in mid week if we have a game. Surely they should be 'up for it ?' If not , WHY ?

If or when we ever managed to get into the Play Offs / Top Three and hopefully get promotion I believe that the manager would want/need to keep the majority of the team that got promoted to start the next level up in the pyramid , especially us ,as our finances wouldn't allow us to sign a whole new team of 'better players'. If they are letting him down by not being 'up for it' so many times then he obviously needs to find out the cause of it or get players who are ' up for it' on match days...They had no problem raising their levels for 'glamour games' but have failed to reach the levels for the bread and butter games many times this season
As I said , every player will have bad games , but us , when we have 'bad games' , it seems to be the whole team not just individuals

Re: Worrying ?

Corpaboy wrote:Sorry Neil ..... I just dozed off .

We lose and you're the first one on here
We win and you crawl back into your own scrotum .......

Tedious
Night night , sleep tight . Bed bugs and all that
When you wake up Corpo old chap, you might just ask yourself if County have the best goalkeeper and such standout defenders why it is only Morecambe, Macclesfield and Notts County have conceded more goals than us in League 2 this season?

I haven't seen anywhere where Flynn says the team 'weren't up for it' .. I may be wrong (and If so can you point me to the article as that is a poor thing for him to say) but the only thing I've seen from him is he described our performance as 'flat, very flat' and that Colchester were very good.

Exile 1976 wrote:I haven't seen anywhere where Flynn says the team 'weren't up for it' .. I may be wrong (and If so can you point me to the article as that is a poor thing for him to say) but the only thing I've seen from him is he described our performance as 'flat, very flat' and that Colchester were very good.
On the BBC Sport website he is quoted as saying, 'Colchester.................were very good. We looked way off it. I don't know what it is but they looked very flat again today'.

I don't know why Mr Cork gets lambasted for some very pragmatic comments.
Before anyone starts I know I haven't been to. match for yonks
I remember at the time of the cup a comment about Mike Flynn "bleeds amber /Newport". The trouble is do all the team?
Our away form is abysmal
With an uncertain future ...maybe there is not that commitment be it psychological or physical for a settled a balanced sqaud that know each other inside out

Like said, we are a League Two club with League Two players. What we don't have is promotion chasing League Two infrastructure or budget.

It is hard for me to criticise the attitude of the squad, since Flynn took over, since we have gone from certain relegation (and potential oblivion) to comfortably a League 2 team playing some decent stuff with two 20 goal strikers. I'd say we are overachieving.

Keep hearing squad is not good enough to go for promotion
Hammered Wrexham (Going for automatic promotion)
Beat Leicester
Drew and beat Middlesborough
2 minutes to go and we are only 2-1 down to one of the worlds current great teams

It seems the only way we can win is get the ball out wide to Robbie

Midfield is dreadful and has been in the league all season.

Too large a squad, too much wages going out .
Latest signing a free agent meaning apart from us nobody wanted him.

Flynny is great if we want to stay just under mid table

If you want us to improve back to the glory days of Addison & Ashurst the jury is out.

Dreadful away form.
Some terrible games at fortress RP Yeovil, FGR, Dons & Vale recently.

Cannot accept after a weeks rest no midweek game that Flynny comes up with "we were all flat"

In interviews players have said the Cup games bring it out of them thats a disgrace as every game is as important for success.

They get decent money as well.

We are safe but is that all we want as supporters.

Its not enough for me.

No more crap comments in the Argus from Flynny and the squad please.

Lets see the boys playing in the league the same as we did in the cup..

Get a decent midfield next year and hopefully I will not be making this statement.again.

Just play like you did for us in the cup lads.

Is that too much to ask.

Maybe currently it is.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Corpaboy wrote:Sorry Neil ..... I just dozed off .

We lose and you're the first one on here
We win and you crawl back into your own scrotum .......

Tedious
Night night , sleep tight . Bed bugs and all that
When you wake up Corpo old chap, you might just ask yourself if County have the best goalkeeper and such standout defenders why it is only Morecambe, Macclesfield and Notts County have conceded more goals than us in League 2 this season?
It's not always the case, but I agree with Stan in that defensively we are relegation standard, but fortunately we have a better than average for this league strike partnership. For whatever the reason, our defensive performances in our cup victories were almost error free, hence the main difference. Arguably this an overly simplistic appraisal of our season so far, but for now that is how I see it.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Keep hearing squad is not good enough to go for promotion
Hammered Wrexham (Going for automatic promotion)
Beat Leicester
Drew and beat Middlesborough
2 minutes to go and we are only 2-1 down to one of the worlds current great teams

It seems the only way we can win is get the ball out wide to Robbie

Midfield is dreadful and has been in the league all season.

Too large a squad, too much wages going out .
Latest signing a free agent meaning apart from us nobody wanted him.

Flynny is great if we want to stay just under mid table

If you want us to improve back to the glory days of Addison & Ashurst the jury is out.

Dreadful away form.
Some terrible games at fortress RP Yeovil, FGR, Dons & Vale recently.

Cannot accept after a weeks rest no midweek game that Flynny comes up with "we were all flat"

In interviews players have said the Cup games bring it out of them thats a disgrace as every game is as important for success.

They get decent money as well.

We are safe but is that all we want as supporters.

Its not enough for me.

No more crap comments in the Argus from Flynny and the squad please.

Lets see the boys playing in the league the same as we did in the cup..

Get a decent midfield next year and hopefully I will not be making this statement.again.

Just play like you did for us in the cup lads.

Is that too much to ask.

Maybe currently it is.

Yes it is too much to ask for them to play that way week on week out which is why they’re League 2 footballers

Oh, and nobody else wanted Mickey D, Mark O’Brien or Robbie Willmott etc etc but they’ve done pretty well for us hey..

The 10 teams above us clearly do play better than us week in week out.

Its not to much to ask the squad to turn up.

Win, draw, loose but turn up ffs

If fans are happy with league mediocrity I am happy for you but I want better.

I want better but I’m also a realist. I understand that we’ve got the budget and players that we have, no ground of our own and considering where we were 2yrs ago, it’s progress.
Yep, FGR are above and they were beaten 3-0 by relegation threatened Morecambe. Mansfield also got beaten by lowly Port Vale.... Teams, especially lower league, will have great days, good days, bad days and utter shite days.