Re: Worrying ?

xisle wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Xisle,

Who did you speak to? What did you ask? What was the reply?

Cheers,

Stan
i spoke with mr courtney
we spoke about my trust membership of which i'd expect you have zero interest
we spoke about our performance on the pitch - he was hopeful we would make the playoffs
we spoke about upcoming matches which are now past - he was very positive about our chances
With respect apart from your trust membership those are not questions, but in fact a chat about how the boys are getting on. If you were talking to MF,Wayne or Lennie about the team that would make sense but again with respect what would as you put it Mr Courtney know any different to us all.
Cheers

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Xisle
Firstly I do not buy food or drink on the premesis as I believe we get zero in return. Happy to ask whoever is in the tent though.
Will ask as a trust member, season ticket holder and share holder what is the current situation regarding us playing at RP for the foreseeable future.
Why we have no shop facility in the ground especially on match days.
When will the ticket purchasing be improved.
Will we have funds in the summer to improve our playing staff or will the million just go up in smoke again.
Maybe I may get an answer to the first question but got my doubts. The rest no chance.
Any chance of a supporters meeting could be another.
glad you are happy Xisle
Cheers
£1m up in smoke ? Can you elaborate ?
I am not sure of the point of meetings if people like you either do not go or do not listen.

You have such a boring agenda
AGB

You really take the biscuit.

"People like you" just who do you think you are?
What a pompous odious comment from an employee of Newport County.
I bet Gavin cringes every time you come on here.

Anyway in answer to your snide remark.

Starting at the riverside have been to every meeting apart from 1 when I was on holiday, no idea but at a guess bought more £50 shares than you to help the initial set up.

Asked Shaun at the meeting what will happen to the £700K profit to which he said "we hope to put it on one side for the future"
alas it all went on clearing the debt and Flynny had a minimal budget to work on.
Hence it went up in a puff of smoke!

£300K more this season will it go the same way?

Thats the question.
Thank goodness your job is not decided by trust membership voting. :(

Exile 1976 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Keep hearing squad is not good enough to go for promotion
Hammered Wrexham (Going for automatic promotion)
Beat Leicester
Drew and beat Middlesborough
2 minutes to go and we are only 2-1 down to one of the worlds current great teams

It seems the only way we can win is get the ball out wide to Robbie

Midfield is dreadful and has been in the league all season.

Too large a squad, too much wages going out .
Latest signing a free agent meaning apart from us nobody wanted him.

Flynny is great if we want to stay just under mid table

If you want us to improve back to the glory days of Addison & Ashurst the jury is out.

Dreadful away form.
Some terrible games at fortress RP Yeovil, FGR, Dons & Vale recently.

Cannot accept after a weeks rest no midweek game that Flynny comes up with "we were all flat"

In interviews players have said the Cup games bring it out of them thats a disgrace as every game is as important for success.

They get decent money as well.

We are safe but is that all we want as supporters.

Its not enough for me.

No more crap comments in the Argus from Flynny and the squad please.

Lets see the boys playing in the league the same as we did in the cup..

Get a decent midfield next year and hopefully I will not be making this statement.again.

Just play like you did for us in the cup lads.

Is that too much to ask.

Maybe currently it is.

The only way we can win is to get the ball out wide to Robbie?
He has less assists this season than Bakinson and Amond
Just my opinion Exile and I will stick with it.

Cheers.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Keep hearing squad is not good enough to go for promotion
Hammered Wrexham (Going for automatic promotion)
Beat Leicester
Drew and beat Middlesborough
2 minutes to go and we are only 2-1 down to one of the worlds current great teams

It seems the only way we can win is get the ball out wide to Robbie

Midfield is dreadful and has been in the league all season.

Too large a squad, too much wages going out .
Latest signing a free agent meaning apart from us nobody wanted him.

Flynny is great if we want to stay just under mid table

If you want us to improve back to the glory days of Addison & Ashurst the jury is out.

Dreadful away form.
Some terrible games at fortress RP Yeovil, FGR, Dons & Vale recently.

Cannot accept after a weeks rest no midweek game that Flynny comes up with "we were all flat"

In interviews players have said the Cup games bring it out of them thats a disgrace as every game is as important for success.

They get decent money as well.

We are safe but is that all we want as supporters.

Its not enough for me.

No more crap comments in the Argus from Flynny and the squad please.

Lets see the boys playing in the league the same as we did in the cup..

Get a decent midfield next year and hopefully I will not be making this statement.again.

Just play like you did for us in the cup lads.

Is that too much to ask.

Maybe currently it is.

The only way we can win is to get the ball out wide to Robbie?
He has less assists this season than Bakinson and Amond
Just my opinion Exile and I will stick with it.

Cheers.

Of course you should Harps.....you’re wrong though.

excessbee wrote:Somewhere in the analysis of Saturday's performance has to be the fact that Colchester played very, very well. Probably the best performance by any opponent this season. Anybody think of a better one?

Easily the best side we’ve played imo.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
xisle wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Xisle,

Who did you speak to? What did you ask? What was the reply?

Cheers,

Stan
i spoke with mr courtney
we spoke about my trust membership of which i'd expect you have zero interest
we spoke about our performance on the pitch - he was hopeful we would make the playoffs
we spoke about upcoming matches which are now past - he was very positive about our chances
With respect apart from your trust membership those are not questions, but in fact a chat about how the boys are getting on. If you were talking to MF,Wayne or Lennie about the team that would make sense but again with respect what would as you put it Mr Courtney know any different to us all.
Cheers
i discussed the things that were important to me at the time
if you or anyone else wants to discuss other topics then i'm sure whoever is there on friday will discuss them with you
let us know how you get on

Flat performances sometimes happen in all sports, not being up for it questions the attitude. I was at Colchester Saturday it was a flat performance but you could tell the players were gutted at the end and I've never seen a bad attitude from them.

supporter wrote:Flat performances sometimes happen in all sports, not being up for it questions the attitude. I was at Colchester Saturday it was a flat performance but you could tell the players were gutted at the end and I've never seen a bad attitude from them.
If our attitude is right then what do you put our extremely poor league form over the last four months? Is it that the players are simply not good enough? Perhaps you think Michael Flynn lacks tactical ability? Or is it down to cheating English referees?

Don't see why you think being gutted after the event means that we were up for it beforehand. I remember not doing my homework at school and being gutted at my disappointing A level results.

It seems pretty obvious to me. We need to be just a little bit better in most areas of the pitch. That either comes with a bigger budget to bring in higher quality players who have that extra something, or by improving what you have.

Forget the FA Cup run; that was a string of one-off games which we did very well in. But I don't think you can cite those games as evidence that we are underachieving in the league.

We are plenty good enough on our day, but for whatever reason too many of our players are unable to produce the quality needed week after week. No need to wet your pants over it, if we can keep the group together for another year or two and add a few here and there with our cup windfall I think we'll be pretty close.

Did anyone seriously think that we would make the play-offs with our inconsistency this season? If you did, then you're a bit daft in my opinion. It would take a ridiculous turnabout in form for that to happen, and our GD is a bit of a giveaway as to the fact that - right now - we're simply not good enough.

The cup has affected our ability to sustain a play-off push because of the sheer number of games we've played - we seem to be playing three times a week at the moment. We also got the chance to play decent football in the cup run, against teams that are less agricultural than the kickers and hoofers that we play in L2.