Birmingham vs Aston Villa

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

whoareya

Re: Birmingham vs Aston Villa

Postby whoareya » March 11th, 2019, 2:30 pm

He's pleaded guilty - can we all now comment again?
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » March 11th, 2019, 2:33 pm

whoareya wrote:He's pleaded guilty - can we all now comment again?

If ever I needed proof that you don't read my posts, I have it. :grin:
no avatar
User

whoareya

Postby whoareya » March 11th, 2019, 2:52 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
whoareya wrote:He's pleaded guilty - can we all now comment again?

If ever I needed proof that you don't read my posts, I have it. :grin:

Err, no - you wrote

"He is innocent. Unless or until he is convicted he remains innocent."
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » March 11th, 2019, 2:57 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:The person who committed the assault has now pleaded guilty. You can all now comment.

For me I think that for whatever reason some people behave in a way which I don't understand. For most of us, jokes about rivals are merely banter. Unfortunately for some individuals it becomes real.

Not defending what this person did. But he strikes me as a very sad individual. Condemn his actions but he is somebody's son and as such is, in the true sense of the word, pathetic.

Whoareya. Read and inwardly digest.
no avatar
User

whoareya

Postby whoareya » March 11th, 2019, 3:02 pm

Now digest this:

I was ridiculing your pomposity, that this forum needed your approval to post before, during or afterwards.

no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » March 11th, 2019, 3:04 pm

whoareya wrote:Now digest this:

I was ridiculing your pomposity, that this forum needed your approval to post before, during or afterwards.

Seriously, when you get done up like a kipper it's best just to suck it up. You only draw more attention to yourself by squirming.
no avatar
User

Blackandamber

Cwmbran

Postby Blackandamber » March 11th, 2019, 3:33 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:The person who committed the assault has now pleaded guilty. You can all now comment.

For me I think that for whatever reason some people behave in a way which I don't understand. For most of us, jokes about rivals are merely banter. Unfortunately for some individuals it becomes real.

Not defending what this person did. But he strikes me as a very sad individual. Condemn his actions but he is somebody's son and as such is, in the true sense of the word, pathetic.

Not being funny at you Bren but he basically had to plead guilty the evidence was rather overwhelming

Not being funny but until he pleaded guilty he was entitled to be presumed innocent.
Also it was and possibility still is the case that he may have severe problems with mental illness. He clearly has problems of some kind.

I'm with the Quakers on this one. Hate the sin not the sinner.

Not just the Quakers. All Christians believe that (if they are really following Christ).
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » March 11th, 2019, 4:49 pm

14 weeks. What a load of shite
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » March 11th, 2019, 5:11 pm

Exile 1976 wrote:14 weeks. What a load of shite

At the end of the day it was a section 39 common assault. The maximum penalty is 26 weeks. His early guilty plea means he has to receive a one third discount. 18 weeks is the maximum he could have received. If he was of hitherto good character 14 weeks is at the top of the range.

He will serve a maximum of seven weeks. My view a suspended sentence and 200 hours community service with a requirement to attend an anger management course might have been a better way of dealing with is.
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » March 11th, 2019, 5:19 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

He will serve a maximum of seven weeks. My view a suspended sentence and 200 hours community service with a requirement to attend an anger management course might have been a better way of dealing with is.

Hmmm! Not much of a deterrent that tho mate for any fruit cake to think oh I know what I will do run on the pitch and punch an opo player or the ref I will only get community service
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » March 11th, 2019, 5:46 pm

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Hmmm! Not much of a deterrent that tho mate for any fruit cake to think oh I know what I will do run on the pitch and punch an opo player or the ref I will only get community service

The thing is that the offence was one which happens every day in every town in the UK. An unprovoked punch.

Does he deserve to be punished? Yes.

Now a suspended sentence, known in the trade as a 'bender' means that any infraction of the criminal law and he can be banged up, which is a deterrent. Eight hours every Saturday doing conservation work pays his debt to society. And for the next six months he pays a price. And a anger management course can usefully take up an evening a week.

As it is your taxes can keep him fed and watered for a few weeks.
no avatar
User

Alan G Bryant

Postby Alan G Bryant » March 11th, 2019, 9:12 pm

Without wishing to condone what he did it is interesting that when the roles were reversed and Eric Cantona assaulted a supporter, he did not go to prison.
no avatar
User

OLDCROMWELLIAN

TrefGruffydd

Postby OLDCROMWELLIAN » March 11th, 2019, 9:19 pm

Two things spring come to mind. hasn't encroachment onto the pitch become a criminal offence under certain circumstances recently? Does that also carry a potential custodial sentence? A 14 week sentence can actually be served in it's entirety if whilst in custody the convict breaks prison rules.
no avatar
User

Cornish Exile

Postby Cornish Exile » March 11th, 2019, 9:42 pm

The Court also imposed a 10 year banning order from any football ground as well as a number of financial penalties.

Birmingham City have banned him for life.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » March 11th, 2019, 10:32 pm

Alan G Bryant wrote:

Without wishing to condone what he did it is interesting that when the roles were reversed and Eric Cantona assaulted a supporter, he did not go to prison.

He probably should have. One person who definitely should have gone to prison for his actions on the pitch was Ben Thatcher for his disgraceful elbow on Pedro Mendes.
PreviousNext