Re: Grandstand - Cheltenham home

Corpaboy wrote:McKirdy could've quite easliy have picked up 2 yellows in the 2 minutes he played !!
The boy looks like he's trying too hard and could be an absolute liability on tonight's cameo
Pull your socks up , lad !!!
Thought the same. I thought he’s going to be off quicker than he went on the way he was going.

Percy plunkett wrote:According to our website,Tyreeq was forced off with an injury.
I think he has suffered from being over used. If we'd had Labadie, Nannette and Crofts fit and at peak performance for the last 2 or 3 months he may well have made an impact from the bench but playing most games teams can now plan to nullify him

Amberexile wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:According to our website,Tyreeq was forced off with an injury.
I think he has suffered from being over used. If we'd had Labadie, Nannette and Crofts fit and at peak performance for the last 2 or 3 months he may well have made an impact from the bench but playing most games teams can now plan to nullify him
There has been a reluctance to drop him even when he was struggling and Sheehan was available.He started off pretty well but was hyped up as being something that he couldn't live up to,which hasn't helped.Crofts would have been a great signing,unfortunately like Hayes,couldn't string more than two games together because age and injuries have caught up with him.Labs is still a worry with little niggles stopping him getting fully going.Dolan also having a stop start season with knocks.As for Nanette Newman,her injuries have meant she can concentrate on her other career and I don't expect her to play this season.

UPTHEPORT wrote:Enjoyed second half good performance

Have to say I think the ref got the red card wrong from where I was looked a yellow at worse but you got to take luck like that when it comes
Was it a straight red , Jim ?
If you watch the highlights it looked like the yellow was raised first , then red .
Thought the same as you if it was straight red - seemed a bit harsh , but hey ho ..... shit happens

Awful first half, players looked well off the place but credit to Flynn for making good changes at half time.

Pipey gave the team an edge that we miss without Labadie.

Yet again the midfield of Bennett, Bakinson and Podge struggled. No idea why Flynn persists with this when he has midfielders on the bench.

Robbie was so much better in second half with Pipe behind him and him playing further forward.

Like others I was baffled that Flynn left a clearly struggling (fitness not performance) Matt on the pitch when McKirdy was itching to get on. To give the guy a couple of minutes is pointless and is only going to piss him off.

Corpaboy wrote:

Have to say I think the ref got the red card wrong from where I was looked a yellow at worse but you got to take luck like that when it comes
If you watch the highlights it looked like the yellow was raised first , then red .
Thought the same as you if it was straight red - seemed a bit harsh , but hey ho ..... shit happens
I thought he gave it as a straight red which at the time I thought was harsh
However I thought we were better against 11than 10 as we sat deeper and seemed to invite them on towards the end

Amberexile wrote:
Corpaboy wrote:

I thought he gave it as a straight red which at the time I thought was harsh
However I thought we were better against 11than 10 as we sat deeper and seemed to invite them on towards the end
Yes straight red hope the lad wins an appeal

pembsexile wrote: I admire your certainty Brendan, I just wish I could share it. You have missed one fact in your statistics. This is Newport County remember. I will breathe a sigh of relief when we are mathematically safe.
Hi Mike,

Anything to oblige. We are twenty points clear of relegation. Have a look at the Premier League table. Ask yourself would you be worried if you were a supporter of 7th placed Wolves.

They are only sixteen points clear of relegation. You can relax really.

Percy plunkett wrote:On this occasion,Brendan is correct.No one will ever be relegated on 52 points.Secondly,even with our unpredictable form,will not lose nine games in a row.If we did,MF would expect the sack,and that is as likely as one of us winning the Euro millions.So everyone relax,we are not going down.
I wish you hadn’t used the lottery analogy, you’ll spoil Uptheport’s little sporting posse ( which includes myself ) as the only chance of building our own stadium :grin:

Percy plunkett wrote:On this occasion,Brendan is correct.No one will ever be relegated on 52 points.Secondly,even with our unpredictable form,will not lose nine games in a row.If we did,MF would expect the sack,and that is as likely as one of us winning the Euro millions.So everyone relax,we are not going down.
You say that as if you believe I am on occasions incorrect.

Some people. :grin: