Re: Grandstand - Cheltenham home

Stan A. Einstein wrote:It's all about results now. 21 points from 11 games should be playoffs. I'd say 12% chance. Relegation is now 0%. 20 points clear of relegation zone with 9 games left. Shame we now have a 15 day break.
Agree the likelihood of relegation is now highly unlikely but being 20 points ahead of Notts County with 27 points available to them, the chances are not 0%.
I know what you mean though.

First half total dross from both sides.
Cheltenham one of the poorest sides seen at RP this year.
second half a bit better but couldn't finish off a poor ten man Cheltenham.
as Supporter said after Colchester FLAT
Nobody stood out.
the only good thing was 3 points
Ref got virtually everything wrong as did the Hazel Lino
Bang on pen for us first half with Matts shirt clearly pulled
ref bottled it.
Red card for Cheltenham also incorrect as they had cover behind.
Thought reasonable attendance with TV tonight.
Pipey made all the difference as did Josh, got to start him next few games as Bakinson woeful.
Flynny got subs spot on tonight.
Poor evenings football.

Joe 6 Easy evening

Regan 6 Hardly noticed him
O' Brien 6 Injured
Mickey 6 Steady game few terrible kicks first half.
Dan 6 Okay
Bakinson 3 dreadful had to come off half time
Scott 6 Okay
Robbie 6 Not his best performance
Matt 5 Shocking miss one on one with keeper
Azeez 6 Pretty quick and a handful
Padraig 6 Wasted back in midfield but never stopped

Pipey 7 Still can motivate the boys
Josh 6 Got to start next few games

Usual crap midfield puts pressure on the defence.

Flynny put faith in the side that has not performed of late.

Labs injured again?

We seem to have so many crocks and mediocre reserves in the background.

Play off still not out of the question but if we played like we did tonight a big ask.

Nice to see Tozer, would make big difference for us but went for the money (fair enough though)
Last edited by Frank Nouble 3 on March 15th, 2019, 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matt worked hard as normal,but was knackered with ten mins left.He was booked for kicking the ball away and got away with the same offence just before.Why did MF leave him on when he was out on his feet and Mckirdy was fresh and raring to go.Flynny should be more proactive as it could have cost Jamma a suspension through tired thinking.

3 points at end of day against poor opposition. Matt squandered a one v one to seal the result but apart from that he had a great game and ran himself into the ground, v good defensively in the air too.
Terrible first half but came alive with Pipe on the field, Robbie further up. Sheehan did well too.
Officials shocking - how they missed that back pass was unbelievable. Red card was the only thing ref got right.
2 weeks off to recharge the batteries. Play offs unlikely but we are just about still in the mix.

allontheamber wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:It's all about results now. 21 points from 11 games should be playoffs. I'd say 12% chance. Relegation is now 0%. 20 points clear of relegation zone with 9 games left. Shame we now have a 15 day break.
Agree the likelihood of relegation is now highly unlikely but being 20 points ahead of Notts County with 27 points available to them, the chances are not 0%.
It is just conceivable that Notts County could overtake us. But if they did it wouldn't matter. Yeovil and Port Vale and Crawley and Cambridge and Morecambe are all on present form not going to reach 52 points. Six sides turning their season around can't happen. To add to this they will each be playing each other, and in any game only one side can win.

How the HELL can anyone criticise Jamille Matt's performance tonight , and over the last couple of months ???
Yes .... he squandered a 1 on 1 opportunity against their keeper which would've put us 2 up

However ..... the guy is always a threat , has a good return with goals scored so far this season , and will always put a shift in and run himself into the ground .
Him and Amond are by far the best attacking partnership we've had for years .

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:First half total dross from both sides.
Cheltenham one of the poorest sides seen at RP this year.
second half a bit better but couldn't finish off a poor ten man Cheltenham.
as Supporter said after Colchester FLAT
Nobody stood out.
the only good thing was 3 points
Ref got virtually everything wrong as did the Hazel Lino
Bang on pen for us first half with Matts shirt clearly pulled
ref bottled it.
Red card for Cheltenham also incorrect as they had cover behind.
Thought reasonable attendance with TV tonight.
Pipey made all the difference as did Josh, got to start him next few games as Bakinson woeful.
Flynny got subs spot on tonight.
Poor evenings football.

Joe 6 Easy evening

Regan 6 Hardly noticed him
O' Brien 6 Injured
Mickey 6 Steady game few terrible kicks first half.
Dan 6 Okay
Bakinson 3 dreadful had to come off half time
Scott 6 Okay
Robbie 6 Not his best performance
Matt 5 Shocking miss one on one with keeper
Azeez 6 Pretty quick and a handful
Padraig 6 Wasted back in midfield but never stopped

Pipey 7 Still can motivate the boys
Josh 6 Got to start next few games

Usual crap midfield puts pressure on the defence.

Flynny put faith in the side that has not performed of late.

Labs injured again?

We seem to have so many crocks and mediocre reserves in the background.

Play off still not out of the question but if we played like we did tonight a big ask.

Nice to see Tozer, would make big difference for us but went for the money (fair enough though)
3 for Bakinson ? That's generous. It's a 1 from me - literally played one good pass and did nothing else (other than give the ball away and float around anonymously).

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
allontheamber wrote:
It is just conceivable that Notts County could overtake us. But if they did it wouldn't matter. Yeovil and Port Vale and Crawley and Cambridge and Morecambe are all on present form not going to reach 52 points. Six sides turning their season around can't happen. To add to this they will each be playing each other, and in any game only one side can win.
I admire your certainty Brendan, I just wish I could share it. You have missed one fact in your statistics. This is Newport County remember. I will breathe a sigh of relief when we are mathematically safe.