Re: The Rodney Parade Pitch

George Street-Bridge wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote: I haven't seen personal or derogatory comments made towards his staff on this board.
You did, however, yourself say "Mark Jones is typical Newport. Quite prepared to give out stick, whines like a piglet at the merest hint of criticism."
I know. But a number of things. Firstly my criticism was of Mark Jones, not his staff. Secondly my criticism was of what he said. Thirdly I made a comparison which was a metaphor. And finally it was hardly abusive compared with, well let's think of some of the things you have called me. Poison, a stalker and an obsessive creep.

Phil Tanner. Hypocrite.

Edit. Not that I am in the slightest concerned with what you say. My mother called me gormless, my wife calls me a complete f@cking neddy. It does seem that for reasons unexplained that a high proportion of the people of Newport have a very sensitive nature. :grin:

George Street-Bridge wrote:It's actually a criticism of Mark Jones AND the people of Newport. I always have a chuckle when you wheel out your man-of-the-people shtick about how much you respect them.
I'm sure the people of Newport can live with a little criticism. Not all of us have completely disappeared up our own backsides. :grin:

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Looked pretty good yesterday with all the use it has

And at least only two teams playing on it till end of season
Who are the Youth Teams that Mark Jones refers to, it certainly isn’t our Academy so must be rugby linked.?
Not sure about rugby but there have been Wales youth and women's international matches played there.
EDIT: football that is

George Street-Bridge wrote:And presumably grass starts to grow again around now? Any gardeners?
The grass is starting to grow already, but very slowly. But not just temperature reliant. The more day light hours the better, and as the hours get longer the growth accelerates, which is why lamps speed up growth; combination of heat and light. Much like cannabis plants , I imagine?

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:And presumably grass starts to grow again around now? Any gardeners?
The grass is starting to grow already, but very slowly. But not just temperature reliant. The more day light hours the better, and as the hours get longer the growth accelerates, which is why lamps speed up growth; combination of heat and light. Much like cannabis plants , I imagine?

Imagine? :grin:

Well we have had lots of comments about how bad the Rodney Parade pitch is, but all I can say is that whenever I've watched the County in afternoon or evening games I am extremely impressed by how good the pitch looks and very often there has been a Dragons fixture on the previous evening, and that also has been during a wet spell of weather so I honestly believe that the ground staff MUST work their socks off to make the "change over" erecting the posts etc and the pitch markings . The pitch always looks a lot better and the Ground staff deserve a big Thank You from the three clubs who share the stadium -- Well |Done the Ground Staff
Come on The Port !...............Bob Bassett

Amberexile wrote:
I read somewhere that the average type of grass you will have in your garden needs temperatures of 8 degrees C to grow but strains have been developed that grow at 4 degrees.
I'm all in favour of a good strain